Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map loading features
It'd be cool if the GHOST bot could do a countdown and if there's a leaver during countdown it stops the countdown and lets everyone know whats going on (kind of like the new battleships bot).

it'd be also great if instead of just showing your own load time, showing everyone at the same time so when the game starts, if there's lag, everyone has a good idea who may be causing it, taking the owness off of the host
just get a banlist from http://www.wc3banlist.de/downloads.php
it contains the possibility to abort the game (closing your wc3) if a player leaves during countdown or map loding.
yes Chronic, but i don't want the software to close and throw the other 8 players to the wind, I just want the countdown to abort and let the players know that someone leavered and that we are just awaiting one more player....I already have WC3 banlist...and it's pretty crappy compared to gHost! I'm just requesting some polishing of the gHost software
ghost bot already cancels the countdown if some one leaves or a saflested player joins during the countdown lance. I don't understand, you host with ghost all the time, you never noticed that yet?

also, there is the !ping comand which you can use before start and in game. it usually shows who's lagging.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
nothing more to say.
qweqqweq Wrote:ghost bot already cancels the countdown if some one leaves or a saflested player joins during the countdown lance. I don't understand, you host with ghost all the time, you never noticed that yet?

also, there is the !ping comand which you can use before start and in game. it usually shows who's lagging.

okay, hadn't noticed that feature about the cancelling countdown...but it'd just be neat if the map supported that progress bar that some of the other maps are showing...where it shows all the users and their map load progress. It's pretty cool, I'm sure you've seen this before qweq?
ya, the loading screen race to see who loads the map first is pretty cool, tank wars evo has it or used to.

loading time in bnet games is i think 99.9% computer performance related.

for example: anyone with too low ram/and/or old slow ram is going to load slow and lag at the start of the game.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
qweqqweq Wrote:ya, the loading screen race to see who loads the map first is pretty cool, tank wars evo has it or used to.

loading time in bnet games is i think 99.9% computer performance related.

for example: anyone with too low ram/and/or old slow ram is going to load slow and lag at the start of the game.

i suppose i just like to see that i'm first all the timeTongue
and if i'm not, i'm wondering what the 'other guy' has that i don't
dlancelot Wrote:i suppose i just like to see that i'm first all the timeTongue
geforce 295 ? :twisted:
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
SCorpA1 Wrote:
dlancelot Wrote:i suppose i just like to see that i'm first all the timeTongue
geforce 295 ? :twisted:

Hey Scorp, is it just the video card that matters? here's my specs:

Core 2 2.33GHz
2GB of 8300 RAM
GeForce 8600 GTS 512MB
Raptor HD 74GB 10k rpm
Processor:
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
2x 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1150 GB Insgesamt
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (Gainward)
Monitor:
TFT 22" Widescreen
Sound Card:
SoundMAX HD Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech G51
Keyboard:
Logitech G11
Mouse:
Razer Copperhead
Operating System:
Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1
Motherboard:
P5B DH Deluxe Sockel 775
Computer Case:
Sharkoon Rebel 9 Value-Edition

pwnd?Big Grin
"Who has the biggest dick? "
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
rofl...

ok, here's my specs, my monitor is a nice 22 inch LG flatron, and my 100 gig hard drive is super duper fast but other than that it's all crap:

just looking over to my left i see an old beat up scratched and dented and busted generic case (7 years old). inside it, there's a radeon x850 (4 years old), soundblaster card that needs to be replugged in and installed from time to time (10 years old at least), a broken 40x12x48x cd rom drive (7 years old), asus a7333 motherboard (2 years old), pentium dual 2.8 Ghz processor (2 years old), used power supply (3+ years, age unknown), 526 MB ram (7 years old), PS2 mouse for 7 dollars at walmart (1 year old), Standard 101/102 key microsoft PS2 keyboard with dirty worn down fuzzy keys (7 years old), Broken logitech headset is in sock drawer underneath computer but i guess i'll throw it away now (1 year old).

It works most the time so i don't like to mess with it. I dont' know much about software and hardware since i like to play with it more than learn about why it works. I only replace things If something breaks and unplugging it and plugging it back in or re-installing it doesn't work. I just can't zoom out very far or process pathing around the barrels at the control points. Big Grin
pff kidsWink
SCorpA1 Wrote:Processor:
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory:
2x 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive:
1150 GB Insgesamt
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (Gainward)
Monitor:
TFT 22" Widescreen
Sound Card:
SoundMAX HD Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Logitech G51
Keyboard:
Logitech G11
Mouse:
Razer Copperhead
Operating System:
Windows Vista Ultimate Service Pack 1
Motherboard:
P5B DH Deluxe Sockel 775
Computer Case:
Sharkoon Rebel 9 Value-Edition

pwnd?Big Grin

pretty much the same as what i have...suppose the mouse.monitor etc. doesn't really affect loading time...but the hardware that does is quite close to mine...except my system is faster because i'm running xpWink
ive got double RAM and a better graphic card and trust me, if you want, you can tease a lot of power out from vista (and ive got vista for dx10 gamesBig Grin )
ok lets end this shit, because its WARCRAFT 3, wich has such bad graphic, that you dont need so much power and its not worth to argue.
SCorpA1 Wrote:ive got double RAM and a better graphic card and trust me, if you want, you can tease a lot of power out from vista (and ive got vista for dx10 gamesBig Grin )
ok lets end this shit, because its WARCRAFT 3, wich has such bad graphic, that you dont need so much power and its not worth to argue.

not looking to argue Scorp, just looking to find out what makes the maps load faster (didn't notice the 2x beside your RAM amount, my bad). DX10 and vista are irrelevant in regards to wc3 for sure, but of everything else, i'm wondering what makes those maps load faster? i'm usually the fastest at loading the maps...i can hear my raptor drive working a little harder during the map loading screen and am wondering if that's the limiting factor in my rig? what do you think?
If you hardware specs are similar it will probably be the background stuff that you have running that causes the loading differences.
Maybe you should compare what kinda background mem/cpu usage you have going on.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loading screen Cdek 111 63,993 2012-01-19, 08:50:21
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 7,721 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF