Poll: Should the bomb be disguised in a players inventory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
no
30.77%
4 30.77%
yes
69.23%
9 69.23%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disguise the bomb?
I suggest making it so that if you buy a bomb the game will randomly select one of a few different icons to appear in your inventroy slot instead of the bomb icon. I suggest making it look like other items from the center shops like a tp breaker icon, a net icon, a mine, or whatever so that when you buy it, it looks like a different item at first glance unless you hold your mouse over it to read the description, "this is really a bomb!" What does everone else think? good idea, or crap?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
It sounds like it would be hard tom implement.
Is it possible to hide players item?
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I dont' think it would be hard at all. Exodus could copy the bomb, put a differnt icon art on it, rename it, then do something like this...

Code:
event, item is purchased
condition, item = bomb
actions,
set int_rand = random num(1 to 100)
if int_rand < 20 then give triggering player item (a)
if int_rand =>20 and <40 then give triggering player item (b)
if int_rand ...

so there would be a lot of bomb items that all do the exact same thing but just have different art icons.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
hahaha why 1 to 100 if only 5 random items ?Smile
Trolololo
Well it may be just me, but when I use World Editor, there's a very annoying pause/lag when creating a new item or unit

So why go through that 5 times (plus the hassle spent writing the triggers) for a barely noticeable effect?
why do all want to disguise the bomb in btanks?

first i am of the opponion its a boring tactic - not so extreme like exploder and minelayer but one which is finally allways successfull.

okay, if they see you and know what you will do, you will die one or two time. But there are lots off usefull items to help you place the bomb. Teleporter items, smoke mashine, speed items, troopcomander, .... even a few tanks have a few skills too that can help you transport it (like an addional teleport).

(okay who needs bomb, mine layers, long range players, traders, exploders ...., all in all only playerstyles who are disgusted by most (many) players - and where are many different suggestions to make shure that less player choose these playingstyles)

second is it really the game you all want btank to be ??????(that every enemytank with every item inside can blow up your factories ?)
I mean its hard enough to defend the own base against such stupid attempts, because you have to stay back and can't creep if your own teammades are allready standing befor the opposit camp. And normaly the bomblayer has time enough so he can try it 10times in 5min or only 1time in 10min because the bomb strengh grows with the upgreades. But the defender has to stay all the time back or - the bomblayer will be succussfull (without diing) if he knows what he is doing
Re: Giftfinger

No-one is asking how exciting using bombs in general as a tactic is. They just want input on having bombs as a 'hidden' item.
If you want to start up another thread about how bombs 'suck' by all means, do so - but stick to the topic please.

If this were to be implemented there should be some sort of text warning, like when modes are selected to let the player know what their new bomb looks like
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
GooglyBoogly Wrote:Re: Giftfinger

No-one is asking how exciting using bombs in general as a tactic is. They just want input on having bombs as a 'hidden' item.
If you want to start up another thread about how bombs 'suck' by all means, do so - but stick to the topic please.

that one sentence:
Quote:first i am of the opponion its a boring tactic - not so extreme like exploder and minelayer but one which is finally allways successfull.
was my opinion off topic if you want ^^

well i try to explain my posting with other words now ^^

i tried to explain that a hidden bomb - this is an improvement for the bomb, because it gets even harder to stop and (till now i had never problems with the bomb, when i used it myself) And therefor i am asking myself why should the bomb be improved? So what advandage and changes should that bring?
So what does the bomb do?
->Its mostly used to destroy factories. that brings us to the second question
Well who has most problems destroying factories and might therefore most use it?
-> Answer: long range, trader, mine layers, ... there are enough treats where those weapon types are descript as imba or noob weapons with no answer to counter them and now you start removing their disadvandge?!?!?!?!?!
So I think the changes, a disguise of the bomb would bring, are not really balancing.
no one's saying the bomb will be undetectable giftinger. Only the icon art will change. we'll all still be able to detect if if we hold our mouse over the enemy player's inventory item and read the extended tooltip.

If an enemy player who can't take out your factories or base through normal means goes to shop in the center of their base then that should be the only indicator a good player needs to check and see if they got a bomb. It just won't be so obvious. It'll take a little bit more skill and awareness to defend against it. I'm thinking that if the bomb's image is disguised it'll make the bomb more fun for suprising noobs and annihilating them faster and in a more fun way.

However you've got a point in your argument. If the bomb's art icon was changed then maybe the price should for it should go up a little too. And maybe you're right, maybe it is a bad idea. I'd still like to see it disguised though since I like to use bombs and it would be more realistic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bomb against allied base... T4M.Avatar 8 4,023 2009-11-21, 03:53:14
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  sticky bomb VuDu 4 2,531 2009-10-21, 16:12:44
Last Post: VuDu
  Stop the Bomb cedi 21 9,652 2009-01-19, 17:10:05
Last Post: DerSatan