Poll: How do you think the junkyard should work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
leave it the way it is
4.76%
1 4.76%
add a system so that you can buy an item from the junkyard anywhere instantly
4.76%
1 4.76%
add a system so that you can buy an item from the junkyard anywhere, and then a computer controlled unit delivers it to your tank
19.05%
4 19.05%
have all items in the junkyard removed from the game after 10 minutes and their gold value given to the force
9.52%
2 9.52%
have all items in the junkyard removed from the game after 20 minutes and their gold value given to the force
28.57%
6 28.57%
allow players to cp-teleport to their own junkyard
33.33%
7 33.33%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
junkyard poll
I think the junkyard needs tweeking. What does everyone else think?

*edit* i added the cp-teleport idea
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I agree. I rarely use it unless a team member leaves late game and he has an item I want, in which case the discount is nice (items from leavers do go to the junkyard, don't they? Or is that only if they sell them first?). The removal of items every certain amount of time would help a lot, since it's annoying to be trying to buy an upgraded gold hull and accidentally click on an upgraded basic magic because the junkyard is so cluttered. Plus it would probably make the game go faster since everyone would get more gold.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
what about making you bale to CP-teleport there? at least it would speed up buying items...
I would vote for the 2nd and 5th option together with a little modification. To be able to buy an item form the junkyard from anywhere inside your base. Or with DerSatan's idea. Since its outside your base, not too close from any factories, so it takes too much time to TP to the base, go there, buy what you need, go back to a fac and TP back to the front lines. It's a lot worse if you need to defend your base and you're short of one ppl because of a leaver. Mainly, because you could be killed during your journey. So the best would be imo, if it would be enough to go back to your base to buy, or a direct TP route to the junkyard.
:wink:
being u save so much gold by buying form there, i dont mind the "walk over" penalty..
A CP Teleport could enable traping of enemy heros which attack mid or the lane - and this from base and junkyard in one time with voice chat, so you can suprise enmies with it easy.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
How about write "-buy" and click the item you want to buy in your junkyard in 10 sec ? And you get it instantly.
Trolololo
but i think the old system should be kept and only as a additional way you shall could by items faster (maybe for a little more gold)
i hope my english is correctBig Grin
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
You guys realize I made it so that you can select TWO options on this pole right?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
What if we agree with more then 2 choices? You give us more votes
CP teleport sounds great. It would also be nice if there were some way to see how mcuh your purchase would cost before buying it - I know you can do the 75% cost math, but that can be difficuilt to do on the fly when accounting for upgrades.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I just played a really annoying game. It started out as a 5vs5 clan bug bot auto hosted game in nothrend. All of dark force got long range at the start and it's close at first but we use good teamwork and at about 7 minutes I get the top cp and are now getting more kills. At this point some one sells all his stuff on dark force and goes exploder. But I get a tp breaker for my teamates in middle and proceed to take bottom cp so we have all but 1 cp at about 15 minutes or so. then one guy lags out and others leave so it's just a 2vs2. By this point my team is easily winning with teleport and short range and we get the last cp. I'd sacrificed a bit for a couple barricades, tp breakers, and gave up some farming time to defend cp's but i was still +15 kills and my partner was +20 kills at least.

Then my partner says he has to leave about 50 minutes in. So he gets me armor upgrades we say gg and i say thank you and he leaves. When he left he had 2 flamers upgraded which I intended to buy to swap out two glaive cannons i have. This is not easy since there are about 100 items in the junkyard now though! Sad I go to the junkyard and click the first flamer which takes 2 minutes to find, i click once directly on the flamer while it's name is appearing on my screen with the mouse pointer over it and it sells me the first flamer and a swarm rocket which is directly underneath it in the junkyard Sad So i go back to base, sell the useless swarm rocket which i never wanted and go back to the junkyard and find the other flamer in only 1 minute and buy it. by this time they've taken back both mid cps from me. Sad :x

These item purchasing problems and the fact that 1 or the 2 players i was facing was an exploder who was reconstructing at least 75% of the time the entire game really pissed me off. I wanted to crush those players so bad like the noobs they were but me spending 3 or 5 minutes running back and forth from the junkyard cost me the game. I don't want to take anything away form them, they did some things well and I didn't play perfectly but I don't think there was any way they could have gotten a cp from me or come close to winning if I didn't try to buy from the junkyard.

I say 10 minutes at the most would be long enough time to buy something from the junkyard. Otherwise in games like this last one I just played it's completely useless. I never should have tried to get leaver items fromt he junkyard. That's just my opinion though, take it or leave it.
@qweqwe: maybe enlarge the junkyard or:
let only a limited amount of items at the junkyard, and if the limit is reached, remove the first item, that got to the junkyard.

one good thing the junkyard is good for.
for example, if you want to buy a new tank, you can sell a item and get it back after buying the tank for the gold you got for it
so in one way its like a "bank" wich gives you a credit
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
ya, you can bank an item there but that's asuming you can find the item though and be able to click on it and asuming that you have time to go and get it.

also, i didn't think of this, but i should have sold all my items, bought the upgrades myself then -playerswap with my teamate before he left. damnit that would have made it a really easy win! shit! I've even done that in the past many times but the exploder pissing me off with his reconstructs got me upset and I wasn't thinking straight untill just now that I'm finally calmed down. I really hate exploder more than ever now.Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  junkyard ckibibi 5 4,348 2014-02-28, 13:33:28
Last Post: gozo1985
  Rebuy at JunkYard ckibibi 7 4,712 2012-03-12, 22:27:26
Last Post: progg
  Force players to buy from the junkyard Bob666 4 2,971 2010-06-09, 22:53:07
Last Post: Paladon
  Demolisher artillery shot vs Air? - POLL GooglyBoogly 1 1,480 2010-02-04, 07:57:49
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  team member kicking poll qweqqweq 8 3,701 2010-01-15, 07:18:08
Last Post: scron2