Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random tank mode?
Why not a random tank mode? Where everyone is given a random tank and they have to try new strategies based on their tank?

Extra gold could be given to those with weaker tanks to make up for the tank difference. For example in a 3K start you could be given 1.1K and a demolisher or 2.5K and a scout.

And maybe as the game progresses there is a chance you will get a better tank (ex. after 10 minutes your scout gets upgraded to a thunker tank and maybe 10 minutes later you get a demon tank), so not everyone is stuck with weak tanks late game. Teams with fewer players or more troop upgrades could have their tanks upgrade faster.
Hmm an all random mode would be a good option, but it would defeat the purpose of having the random tank option.

If you didn't already know, there is a button to go random tank which nets you 150 extra gold if you do. This is the only reason why I random tank, as I can play all the starter tanks, but obviously everyone plays one tank better than others.

However I'm not sure on your other suggestion about tanks being upgraded at time intervals. Some starter tanks (think antigrav) are not entirely useless late game.
if you mean picking tanks should be completely disabled and everyone gets a random "better" tank after a particular time interval
this idea is really, really bad. it will ruin tactics and beginners will overrun experienced players simply because they all get a demon(attention:exaggeration!)
after 15minutes.

otherwise adding a mode in which you get a random starting tank and a fitting weapon (for example light tank with fireball, heli with plasma or demo with bow)
would be interesting, but this has been discussed several times ago.
i don't know if a decision was made on this.

edit:
if you are stuck with a light tank and a bunch of hulls and fireballs after 40minutes(example) it's your fault.
If you were going to do something like this, I think you should still let people upgrade to whatever they choose.

You said that you wanted people to experiment with strategies, so why force them along a single upgrade path?
It certainly won't hurt. It would prevent people from waiting to see what their lane opponent has before picking a tank. e.g Some people pick a demo when their lane partner is a scout tank as they'll easily be able to nuke them on later levels.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualify (ranked?) game mode Max 1 3,251 2014-04-16, 21:53:51
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Random reward BENNIE.FM 23 17,834 2014-03-28, 18:56:20
Last Post: Max
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,233 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  Random stat BENNIE.FM 3 3,484 2013-09-04, 01:37:34
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,314 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846