Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs die too easily.
Is it just me or do bombs die too easily in btanks?

I mean you spend 4K for a 1 shot only bomb, carefully try to get to the enemy location where you want to use it and then spend 3 seconds plantig it only to have it destroyed easily by the enemy's attacks?

There should be some counter to bombs but i think that giving them a small amount of health isn't the best idea. I've played games were 4 or 5 bombs would fail in a row and this especially happens late game if an enemy has sufficient dps.

Maybe the health of bombs could be increased or perhaps there could be another way to destroy them (such as an item like the mine detenator)?
I was going to suggest that the parachuting bomb not have a timer on it but hit on impact but i don't know if I ever got around to it. I'm happy with the normal bomb's timer, I just wish that they were somehow disguised or not visible in your inventory slot.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I would suggest that a destroyed bomb at least deals some damage- maybe 1/3rd of full strength
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
How about you reduce the radius of effect also?
I think those are both good ideas, drop the dmg and aoe on destroyed bombs.
MAYBE just dont use bombs to win,..
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Bombs are fine. If you choose to spend $4,000 on one, that's the risk you take.

I hardly have bombs killed, usually because i plant when there's a swarm of creeps around. Usually i will stick around and die or teleport out just before it explodes, in order to act as a shield for the thing.
You all know the effect the bomb does.
It destroys Factories which you cannot replace.
I tested the bomb in a game recently.
Just dont drop it in 2 Lasertowers, creeps and your enemy and you will succeed.
It is the fastest way in destroying an entire base... 3 seconds...
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
The Bomb is a good tool for destroy Bases or factories, where a lot of players got huge tanks with compared weak weapons. So it is a draw in Fighting and a bomb with support of maybe troop command or even players and good tactical situation for planting is a way to clear this.
Otherwise it can happen, that a game lasts about 2 hours - sometimes. - you need to "defend" he bomb 3 seconds.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I think Bomb is really fine as it is.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
bomb should stay as it is... Since u'll only use em when winning and the enemy is pushed in their base, u'll get loads of creeps inside so if they manage to kill it, it just means u didnt put enouhg pressure... or u placed at bad timingTongue
hmm ever heard of conquest victorySmile bomb ur own base xD thats once you have won yea bombs are good they way they are now
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Played a lot of games, placed tons of bombs, but only 3 times was I (or my friend) killed during bomb placing and never was the bomb killed during countdown... Not the bombs die too easily, but you place them in wrong time or wrong spot or use wrong tools.Undecided
If you use it enough, you should get used to how much abuse the bomb can take >>> better decisions regarding bombs.

The only times i can see bomb being killed is when you have bad judgement and the bomb gets hit too much.

eg. enemy base - strong enemies targeting you and the bomb or attempt at placing between a lot of enemy tanks.

So in conclusion, bomb is NOT too weak. Any stronger, you'd need more than half the enemy team to be waiting by the bombsite to kill the bomb.
๏̮๏

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hail of bombs imbalanced griffin1987 49 25,136 2010-10-05, 16:19:11
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  No more Bombs in own base - why? griffin1987 15 6,979 2010-03-28, 17:11:50
Last Post: ssl
  Bombs/Suicide Runs - Suggestion Tempest 2 1,894 2007-09-15, 22:52:54
Last Post: Kenny