Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosive
I am new in this forum, and I found no guide for explosive. I noticed that Teleport Breaker is no longer an extreme useful counter to this kind of suicide weapon. Since it is totally viable for now battle tanks, so I start this thread to gain more experienced player's opinions about how to use explosive.

Let me write about my experiences on explosive. Very surprisingly, explosive seems never a good weapon for 1st choice, even a 2500 mine will do a better job on killing tanks. So my start tank set is never start with an explosive. Here is my start which may goes to exploder route:

1. Helicopter + Grenade Luncher
2. Scout + Mines

The main propose on these 2 starts are trying to get more exp and better battle result. While 5~15 minutes I get my first lv7, I will start to consider switching to Thinker + Explosive or stay what I am doing.

Yes, you read it right, I am saying THINKER, not Exploder. Why I use Thinker first? Because Thinker has the same teleport skill as the Exploder, and it is better when you are not invading opponent's base which means camouflag is not needed. After each times you blow yourself, you also can strengthen your base by placing parts on each laser towers, this makes a safe and complete tactic even you fail many times.

Then what makes me decide to go explosive route?

1. Your team get more control points than they have.
2. opposite, you team lost most of the control points.
3. Most of the opponents starting to gang one other together.
4, Since Bots act together very often, it is worth a try when there are 2 or more bots.

So the thing makes me don't go to the explosive route is when 2 teams are tie. In this time I don't know what will happen next if I change what I am doing.

When I am starting to be an "Explosion" Thinker, I always upgrade my explosive or buy another explosive as soon as possible. Why don't I save gold for other usage, and doesn't it also make more bounty for opponents? Because I also noticed a fact, teleport-explode action is not that reliable process you will always succeed. Even you did nothing wrong and teleport the right position by the side of the target, they always have reaction time to deal with your explosion. Therefore, higher damage is the key to succeed with higher chances.

If I successfully applied my explosion thinker to the siege status, then I start to change exploder as my tank. In the time I shall have more than lv10 and am able to stealth walk into the opponent's base. At the moment I stop to get higher damage awhile and stay teleport skill in Level 3 since it is no longer useful. I'll buy a speed boost next.

Don't worry when you fail walk into the base, sometimes I get extra kills right after they think I fail, because I reconstruct and am invincible for a while. So I abuse the chance of reconstruction to get my overkill numbers.

If this doesn't make me victory after a long time, I don't try to change my tactic, what I need is armor level 16 and Sky Fortress, I change my way to go directly into the center of the opponent's base by Turbo Boost and start to project Bombs. Since that bomb also damages myself, I am able to trigger explosive I am carrying by myself. Of course there is nothing can stop me right this moment.

Comments, more tips, discussions are welcome.
I forget 1 important thing, this explosive makes you almost never lose as never win. You usually get fatal error at the end. :mrgreen:
kiraice Wrote:I noticed that Teleport Breaker is no longer an extreme useful counter to this kind of suicide weapon.

Are you referring to the fact that exploders destroy the teleport breakers? If so, I believe this is being changed soon so that this no longer happens.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
Even Teleport Breaker is not invincible, I think explosive is already balanced. I saw people against my action with speed boost or separating one another in short range that both make me hard to kill them. However, teleport breaker in the past really kills the fun of explosive, why a 600$ item totally counters 2250 or 2250*n weapon? That is so called IMBA, and shall avoid. I like the change to teleport breaker now in 8.55, it still counters most of the teleport actions but no exploder include.
so if a teleport breaker is magic imune in 8.56 then i can reveal one with radar and my troops will kill it for me? how is this gonna work? anyone beta testing know what the deal is?
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Normally the creeps won't focus the Breaker, because it has no attack, but if there is nothing else around, they'll destroy it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
qweqqweq Wrote:so if a teleport breaker is magic imune in 8.56 then i can reveal one with radar and my troops will kill it for me? how is this gonna work? anyone beta testing know what the deal is?

Your question is chicken and egg, who comes the first. Why do you buy radar? There must be some reasons makes them decide to buy a teleport breaker to counter your teleport, and that really works so you decide to buy a radar. Cause and reasult, result and reaction.

It is impossible for them to buy a teleport breaker for nothing, neither they place a teleport breaker but they are not near by for no reasons. It is just impossible, and I don't think anyone shall suffer from a 300$ cheap items without any ways to solve it. For example, Exploder! Teleport is all it needs. I don't think it is fair to terminate this tank by a only 300$ item.

Also, radar costs you 1000$ which means you probably NEVER use it to counter a 300$ teleport breaker. It is not worthy. :roll:
On which b-net server u play kiraice? wanna play against u
When u want to play BT come Channel Clan BuG or Clan BuG2Smile We are waiting for good games !

Moreover visit us on http://www.clanbug.kilu.deSmile

[Image: paint1bw2.jpg]
YOU WILL DIE FRECHI-CHANGA DO NOT EMBARACE YOURSELF
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Stay objective guys. I play on Garena, not B.net. There are not many players play this game. What we do basically not competitive. A bunch of players start as thinker and buy a BIG GREEN BALL makes me laugh that they probably becomes the first blood, and even they are survived they don't put that big green ball on the towers they made. As you see there is no competition, the most strategical team work I saw is 3 helicopters and 1 trader, take the top and bottom CP first and leave the center last. Of course you may say What The Heck you play battle tanks in these newbie's way. Yep, this is what I saw most players on the Garena. That is the reason I start this thread, stay on topic please. If anyone wants to find me, I have the same name kiraice on the Garena.

I'd also like to upload a replay, but as I said, I almost always got fatal error in the end, so I have no RP to show how I am doing "Explosion" thinker. I'll try to get one when I have one normal ending.
Oh, right, I just remember a important issue every explosive users shall know.

That is "Vision", how many targets you can see on the map.

I usually played battle tanks with fog, of course fog protect you from hunter but it also decreases your vision hard. So how to make the best bombing result? This depends on your teammates!

If they start to offense a CP continuously and they successfully threats the tower of the CP. Opponents will reinforce with more numbers. Here you get the chance! Since they don't want to come out of the CP mostly because staying near the factory is more normal way. Even you are not good at predicting where they will go you know where to teleport, yes, the CP itself. After a several explosions even you didn't do it well, you already made them terrified and stay out of the CP to prevent your suicide action. In addtion, if they do so they are harder to defense their CP since they are forced to separate.

Another situation is opposite, you are defending your CP or base. Remember even 1on1 you have to suicide and blow him. Why? Because the longer you stay to do nothing the higher chances they have more money. The best option is let's die together :twisted: and both of us starting our revive count down. This also gives you extra time to prepare for next teleport, for him has to start all over again, so it is almost never a bad option even you kill just 1.

What is the weakness of the explosive? yep, that is they are never able to be a lone wolf, which means exploder type player have to stick with your team, your team always short of one player in the front. Therefore if you meet opponents totally separate one another and try to sneaky attack every chance they get, you probably can't do anything in the mean time.

The good news is, you are still a thinker who can try to build towers or strengthen your base. The bad news is no more fun for you at the moment. However, this result can be avoided by team work, you better be the eyes to tell your partners where they shall go to attack and fallow them to blow all things in their path. Explosive works best when your team offense all together.
Upload a RP today, can be found here.
if i wanna play exploder, i tp to the trade master, buy a tinker, buy a laser tower and get a cannon tower up.

then i save for getting my first explosive and an Update (for XP). im usually lvl 4 after buying it, and with teleport lvl 2 i start exploding.

then i continue building towers at my laser tower (maybe add in some modules, too). once it fells i change to exploder. i never get speed upgrade or teleporter, i just increases my bounty and isnt necessary. i rather wait for my teleport cooldown, and always aim for multiple kills.

that easy.
kiraice Wrote:When I am starting to be an "Explosion" Thinker, I always upgrade my explosive or buy another explosive as soon as possible. Why don't I save gold for other usage, and doesn't it also make more bounty for opponents? Because I also noticed a fact, teleport-explode action is not that reliable process you will always succeed. Even you did nothing wrong and teleport the right position by the side of the target, they always have reaction time to deal with your explosion. Therefore, higher damage is the key to succeed with higher chances.

well thats why exploder has the emp-shock skill, buy an iron hull(so they won't kill you with 1shot(get better hull later)) and activate emp-shock
emp-shock will set your hp to 1 so you will die in the next second and the enemy can't move while u explode.

edit:
emp-shock and reconstruction are the reasons for getting the exploder.
so it's nearly the same if you play tinker with explosives(, which makes me think of
does it make any sense to deactivate exploder without deactivating explosives? <-offtopic)

edit2:
what the hell is garena?
Garena
http://www.garena.com/
I found that TB will not be killed by explosion now in 8.56, but, I was still killed by exploder even I have TB, in the late game stage when someone with really low HP died before he redirected by TB also kills you no matter TB is working or not.

So keeps your HP really low! :twisted: