Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.54 and still no way to avoid Custom Kicking douchebag kids
Just wanted to warn everyone about Shorty27. Ck'd me and my teammate mid-game when we called him out for turning on leaver ai after we asked him not to. He says goodbye to us, then promptly uses CK on us. Way to go map maker for NOT blocking the ability to do this.... I'd figure after the constant complaining about it, this would have been fixed. Guess not.
How should the mappers block this? The host stops all communication from a certain ip to his (->disc), there is no way to stop that by implementing something into the map as far as i know.
not even blizzard itself is able to do womething against that, so we will face custom kick in starcraft 2 too, unless they decide to let every custom game you open be hostet on a bnet server, but i really doubt that.

btw: just had the dumbest game ever. it started 4v4, host kicks 2 people of his team and goes trader. his buddy went for helicopter, fan of knives, steel hull, then ion cannon + gold hull after 5 minutes, then infernal after 25 (with the trader buying the upgrades).

my 3 mates had 5-45 in total, i had even scores, but it was a damn stupid game.
The best way to avoid this is to join a group of people who play regularily or find a trusted host then you won't ever have these types of problems.

On USeast message me if I am around, I am more than willing to host and certainly never use any type of custom kick program.
why are you complaining when you custom kick on east lol
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I think he is complaining because someone used it on USeast. I just dont think he understands that since the person who is hosting the game has the control there really isnt anything that CAN be done to avoid / solve it.
Wasn't there an anti-ck version of dota released? Could've sworn i saw that...
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
i think, there is a programm wich is named "dota client".
if its installed, you cant custom kick and i think in some dota games you must have this program.
but i dont know much about this programm... just heard somethingf about a time ago.
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
i know of dota's DIV-LEAGUE (or something like that).

this is a league-like dota arrangement. the nice part is that a bot physically hosts every game, so there is no human host who could custom kick.
It would be very nice if either of these methods were implemented into btanks league. Haven't played league in a while because of host cking along with the newer ck progs that I won't go into. Haven't encountered it much, but I don't usually play with random people so..Anyway, I'd prefer the bot host, fuck dota..let's just gank their idea Big Grin .
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
We should find a way to implement that.
there is only this option to do it, because its just a basic modification of the well-known concept only to join a game with a host you trust, in this case it would be a bot.

but before saying we want that, please give it to us you should know its a bunch of effort.
you need a game-server all the time (a computer with a wc3 tft version running with an own cd-key 24 hours a day, probably not being able to do anything else useful). also you need to program the bot, or at least modify an existing script using visual basic programming language.

you will probably find some info for it on http://www.stealthbot.net, if youre interested in bringing that up, i think nobody here would dislike that.
There is a system inside the map, but ineffective against kick tools...

The current implemented system however aborts the league with immediate effect if a server split occurs. But it doesn't work against kick tools... There's no way to distinguish normal leaving and kick tool disconnect, since the same blizzard code considers both exactly the same.
If someone sets up a bot which hosts for me automatically, I will provide multiple games of Btanks for Northrend all day.
DIV-League bot is such a bot... a pity it is for Dota only.
I am too lacy to modify codelain++ bot for my needs.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Good news!
GHost++ developed that fast, that it allows now autohosting of custom maps.
Very soon there will be a bot hosting Btanks maps... WITH banlist!

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Banlist would be a bad idea. If it's based on someone else's blist or a compilation of them then you never know what they kicked for or the actual reason someone left, such as losing connection. Even if the bot started with it's own blank blist then people could still dc occasionally, it's happened to me, and wouldn't be able to use it anymore.
It is based on MY banlist + the bot will ban on its own.
So anyone leaving regardless of any state will be banned, if the game doesnt end within the next 5 minutes.

So if you have a problem with your broadband... you get banned lol.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Like it is done in DIV League too.
If people can't handle their internet connection, they shall not play in my games.

Besides that, unbanning is allways possible.

Unbanning is nice, but the problem is that euro is btanks central and attracts a lot of people from around the globe. I have a perfect connection normally, but rarely in euro I get dced because the host is just too far away. Not sure where you live or how good the connection will be, but if anyone plays enough games they're bound to get dced every now and then. Personally, I haven't had many problems with dcers in league games. I guess testing it with or without blist and seeing how it goes or if it's needed wouldn't hurt though...Also, how many games will it be able to handle at once? Maybe we could change league so that it used this excusively... and since no one has thanked you, thanks for doing this. Very good news Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible virus infected custom maps Exodus 9 6,177 2009-06-27, 16:41:15
Last Post: TKF
  Stealthbot custom commands Dr.McNinja 1 1,771 2009-05-06, 16:52:47
Last Post: Dr.McNinja
  Custom Kicking Hosts NewbCock 1 1,494 2009-04-29, 18:36:13
Last Post: NewbCock