Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs and AA Gun
Does anyone used it yet since it lost 17% dps ???
I haven´t seen it for .... ähhhm .... 30-40 Games or even longer ago. And I dont play with noobs only. :|

When I reach the point to be able to buy one there are 3 main Problems.

1.) when my 3rd weapon is a AA Gun or Bombs I am not able to creep good anymore. And that is a big gold loss.
so Light fantastic or wait till laser is a better choice I think at this point often.
2.) if the enemy is within enemy creeps I can bomb him, but all of my other weapons damage creeps and only bombs fire good at the enemy
3.) If my 4th weapon could be a AA Gun or Bombs the enemy has got enough HP or teleporter or what else, so that just one AA Gun or Bombs is not effective enough :|

So that weapons exist, but not in my weapon list
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Imho it is a nice thing when both teams use factory support. It's nearly impossible to clear the way so you can kill people with spells + AA/bombs. You don't need that firepower vs player creeps as they give little bounty, so you earn more from kills.
However, I'd like it to have a HUGE upgrade, like 4-6k cost so it will be useful in late game, because when people buy it it's in most cases their 3rd or 4th weapon (=25-30% total dps) What do you think?
Bombs and AA Guns are OP hero only weapons

Gods hammer got 0.75 dmg constant

Bombs and AA Guns got 1.25 dmg constant!!! And hero only weapons!!!

Bombs and AA Guns are not weak, also you must consider that they are hero only weapons. Earlier it had 1.5 dmg constant, when when ground/air only was removed, it should have 1.00 dmg constant, not 1.25. I dunno why Exodus didn't set it to 1.0...

Hero only 0.75 + attacks ground/air only + 0.25 = 1.00
Well, I have to say, that I saw just one player buying one death magic (7777) in the end of 1 game of 40, and that wasn´t very useful.

I thought hero only weapons deal even 0.5 (50%) damage. I dont use them therefore.

@k-bones:
yes, you can attack those player tanks, but what do you want to do with all the creeps spawning???
let them overrun you, while your AOE Spell has Cooldown ?? :mrgreen:
Random Player
TKF Wrote:Bombs and AA Guns are OP hero only weapons

Gods hammer got 0.75 dmg constant

Bombs and AA Guns got 1.25 dmg constant!!! And hero only weapons!!!

Bombs and AA Guns are not weak, also you must consider that they are hero only weapons. Earlier it had 1.5 dmg constant, when when ground/air only was removed, it should have 1.00 dmg constant, not 1.25. I dunno why Exodus didn't set it to 1.0...

Hero only 0.75 + attacks ground/air only + 0.25 = 1.00

I don't really understand what you are talking about... :|
theres a weapon formula which says how much dps does a weapon with a certain range and price.

and there are factors for special weapons.

hero only weapons deal 75% dmg
creep only weapons deal 150% dmg (not sure about this, that has been changed some times)
air/ground only weapons deal 125% dmg
and theres building only, but i dont know the factor right now.
DerSatan Wrote:hero only weapons deal 75% dmg
creep only weapons deal 150% dmg (not sure about this, that has been changed some times)
air/ground only weapons deal 125% dmg
and theres building only, but i dont know the factor right now.

Here are the multipliers.

Hero Only: 0.75 (-0.25)
Attacks Ground/Air Only: 1.25 (+0.25)
Creep Only: 1.75 (+0.75)
Structure Only: 1.50 (+0.50)
For Ground/Air Only: 1.50 (+0.50) (AA Guns and Bombs)

Death Magic (7777)
Hits heroes only

1.00 + (-0.25) = Damage multiplier 0.75
It does 3/4 of the damage from a normal weapon. Has almost the same dps as rocket hail.
Are you sure? I could have sworn that air only was just +25%
??? It's 25%.
Well I think ground only is more useful, than Air only, because the creeps only have got 1 zeppelin and buildings are ground too, but maybe thats only a feeling.
But hmm, the other way round air could be better hit then, because no buildings are shotSmile ^^

Well I used Bombs today and they were effective, because the enemies took 5 demon tanks. Maybe it is ok, but I dont understand people not using this weapons.
Random Player
Gammagulp Wrote:Well I think ground only is more useful, than Air only, because the creeps only have got 1 zeppelin and buildings are ground too, but maybe thats only a feeling.
But hmm, the other way round air could be better hit then, because no buildings are shotSmile ^^

ahm sorry but bombs and aa-gun only attack players... so the dont hit creeps or buildings
Well, but the Artillerie (5000 Gold) - Ground Only weapon mode hits Creeps and bulidings.
The Plasma fragments (6000Gold) and Grenade launcher (1750 Gold) can get to Air only mode.
Random Player
Gammagulp Wrote:Well, but the Artillerie (5000 Gold) - Ground Only weapon mode hits Creeps and bulidings.
I want you to change it to ground only mode, and try to attack a structure with it. You see it do ignore towers while in ground only mode.
Right it dont hit ground. Hmm I thought it did earlierSmile

Nice Ground only
Random Player
Gammagulp Wrote:Right it dont hit ground. Hmm I thought it did earlierSmile

Nice Ground only

yep ground only, GROUND ONLY hits stuff at the ground only, and not structures! No it doesn't say anything about structure, does it? No, ground only!...
Well Plasma Fragments definitely hit those little zeppelins while in Air mode
It's been awhile since I played but Air only & Ground only included creeps as of .50 ... The way I used to play it is that if there was one player pwning my team and they were opposite the tank type from me then I'd use the AA or Bombs. Their higher kill ratio made the inefficient farming worth it for me.

I did find the plasma fragments marginally more useful but more so in a pair I could kill a sky tank at a factory with 2 fragments and a few minor weapons. The artillery ground mode i'd find useful in open field combat but not close to a factory or close to a major creep spawn. THe speed was too slow and range too great to really hammer an opponent close to a heal point or creep cover.
Well, I dont want to write it in the bug report, so I post here.

I would agree to a damage increase for Bombs and AA Gun, because hero only weapons deal more damage now. (And I buy light fantastic more likely than that weapons for the last maybe 150 - 200 Games :roll: )
Random Player

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Make Bombs weaker Sassspect 7 5,774 2012-05-05, 22:43:09
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  Change sky fort bombs Tom-Ace 7 4,894 2009-09-17, 18:33:28
Last Post: Tom-Ace
  [8.57] AA Guns = Bombs. hrafn 5 2,882 2009-02-25, 22:55:08
Last Post: SCorpA1
  Photon Bombs Bhangbhangduc 2 1,775 2009-02-15, 16:16:15
Last Post: Dr.McNinja