Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sky Tank Skill
the Sky Tank has 2 very similar abilites:

Flame Strike and Thunder Quake:

-both are AoE damage abilities
-both use a template to aim the skill
-both hit ground only (!!!)

i know there are differences, one of them is channeling while the other has smaller AoE, but come on. they are very similar.

this thread is about suggestioning a skill that could replace one of these AoE abilities. i dont now if exodus actually wants to replace one of them, but if a suggestion is good enough and people like it, im sure he will.
maybe something like the Electro shocker of Air Ship or maybe a healing (like Light Tank)
i think more HP like the Sky Fortress got would be nice..
They can be used at the same time.
Earthquake is channeling, but has more dmg and AOE.

I like those skills. Next to Heavy Tank, Sky Tank is the best Tinker-Crusher before requirements.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Bomber bays? :mrgreen:
I suggest a stun. Or ability to stop an enemy to use his abilities. ^__^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Something air&ground to balance.
Fighter bays?Big Grin
Morkardar Wrote:Next to Heavy Tank, Sky Tank is the best Tinker-Crusher before requirements.

i dont think tinker-crushing is a big determining factor once you got money enough to purchase a sky tank.

i heard bomber bays and fighter bays. i think i remember it was suggested before, but could you give some more information about it?
Of course Sky Tank skills take down enemy base too..........

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Basekill shouldn't be a major factor too in a 8k tank.
And the new ability gives the Sky Tank a fewer Speed-Bonus than before. I think the Sky Tank must reinvent completely. :wink:
Weltuntergang. Na und?
Die Sonne geht doch auch jeden Tag unter.
Quote:And the new ability gives the Sky Tank a fewer Speed-Bonus than before. I think the Sky Tank must reinvent completely

i dont think so. the new skill is weaker than the old one if 1) no teammate has a goblin zeppelin/sky fortress and 2) you dont have a speed upgrade.

overall i think the new ability is better than the old one.

i just want to replace one of these 2 very similar abilities. considering the ultimate does AoE damage too, the sky tank defenitely lacks versatility in skills.
Sky tank needs a stun, until then it is one of the most worthless tanks in the game. When you can save 2k more and just get demon with a 2.5 stun I really don't understand why any "pros" use this tank, besides just for fun. Speed doesnt mean much, one tp from the demon tank and its feeding time...
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
Not every tank in the world needs a stun imo. For me sky tank is good when you can use tp breaker and stick to long range. Not to mention it annoys like hell...
Sky tank doesn't need any change, it's one of the most worthfull tanks in my opinion. The damage of the skills against ground is way higher than the damage of the demon tank's skills annd it can be got earlier. It's a really good tank for creeping (as every air tank) and is able to push from mid to side, if the opponents aren't aware, easily without teleporter. Currently i think it's way better to get some sky tanks than only demons.
The sky is more flexibel strategy wise as well, which is an advantage game theoreticaly speaking, as it is the only tank which's strategys spread from an aoe-tank-nuke (with orbital) to a mostly 1k range creeping tank.

(Btw is using all aoe abilitys a way to deal with opponents facs/creeps quite well.)
So which ability will be removed? quake or flame?
Trolololo
Prog Wrote:(Btw is using all aoe abilitys a way to deal with opponents facs/creeps quite well.)

The sky is more flexibel strategy wise as well, which is an advantage game theoreticaly speaking, as it is the only tank which's strategys spread from an aoe-tank-nuke (with orbital) to a mostly 1k range creeping tank.

i dont think that you need 3 (4 with orbital control which can get everyone) AoE abilities in one tank to deal with enemy factories. your teammates probably got AoE spells, too, and remember i dont just want to remove one of these abilities, but replace it with another. that means the sky tank will gain something new.
Too push fast and hard against 3 enemy factories you DO need as many AOE spells as you can get!
Otherwise your weapon dmg will be spread among 20 units and 3 buildings instead of 3 buildings

Morkardar Wrote:Too push fast and hard against 3 enemy factories you DO need as many AOE spells as you can get!
Otherwise your weapon dmg will be spread among 20 units and 3 buildings instead of 3 buildings

I think one AoE spell is enough to kill 20 units and 3 buildings.
Weltuntergang. Na und?
Die Sonne geht doch auch jeden Tag unter.
I think bombs, normal damaging skills (like demon's) and building-only weapons are enough to crush 3 factories.
by the way, quake is not so cool when you get surprised by enemy team tping in while you're channelling it :/ as we don't have many long channelling spells in game, I suggest replacing quake or buffing quake and replacing flame.
Quake have a insane aoe. It would be nice if it was a self cast spell (with help of a dummy ofcourse)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,230 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,310 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,615 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,193 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Q skill range : shredder and storm ckibibi 12 11,160 2012-10-25, 23:58:30
Last Post: BENNIE.FM