Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artillery control item?
I'm going to implement it in my insane mod. However it would be cool if this would be in normat bt. (With proper balancing of course)

[attachment=0]It was to powerful when testing, so i let it do half dmg vs structures. Also the nuke cloud a bit to large. Also it hits randomly in the selected area? I set the item cost to 12500 gold, I think it's good, considering its great inaccuracy.

What do you think about this item?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It would be really fun. Just imagine the collateral damage ^^

It should be a building buyable in the base. (mana skill of the building usable by everyone)
The Artillery building would cost something near 7000 gold ;p
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I made a artillery mode which replaces the old bomb run in 7.55. It was actually quite fun, since i made an intelligent artillery AI, you might be blasted to hell easily at start.

Test Map - BT mod 1.20beta
Hmmm maybe you could make artillery strike or orbital a consumable? Or available through creep cmd center... Wait, that's a good idea! Normally people don't use Command Center as it is a bit of waste of cash, unless you want a constant mortar flow at basekill... Now it could cost 7k and strike only targets within range, disallowing OC use at, for example, cp attacking (I'm not calling it imba, no). TCC would become an important target for your enemy AND a good addition to the game. Needs mana pool balance then ofc.
So you propose to make the command center able to call on artillery strike anywhere on the battle field? Maybe for 1000 mana...
Not everywhere, let's say 3-4k. Leave the numbers of mana etc for later, my point is to make that building a real must in some strategies and an important target for defending team. Factories are often unreachable, so that one would be as important as they are and easier to kill. It is usable for the whole team and eases base destruction (letting you pick some good tanks not so good at basekill), while still being counterable.
I like this idea, but would suggest one additional disadvantage. Pls let it not aim points in the Base area like teleporter, so you cannot destroy the enemy base so fast, but maybe factories planted infront of the base.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I think the range does it - the deeper you wanna hit, the closer you have to come. But not a bad idea too.
Gammagulp Wrote:I like this idea, but would suggest one additional disadvantage. Pls let it not aim points in the Base area like teleporter, so you cannot destroy the enemy base so fast, but maybe factories planted infront of the base.
Psycho magic would do more damage than this artillery item, when you are attack actively. Also this item would be useless if you cannot use it in base in endgame, as you can do with the orbital.

I don't remember how much damage the orbital control does, but it can cost twice, shoot 8 shots instead of 6, and have 5 sec casting/delay time. Each artillery shell could do 1k dmg. I don't think that's OP, considering you have 5 seconds to dodge it and you get a warning when it's cast. Also friendly fireBig Grin so you are bomb your own base xD.

So what if

Artillery Control: (10000)
Shells: 8
Delay: 5 seconds until shells hit
Dmg pr shell: 1000
Splash radius: 400-500
Casting Range: 1200
Innaccuracy radius: 528
how much cooldown between shots?
Dunno, half second pr shot, 60 seconds item cooldown?
Well I think its ok, but I hope there are guys testing it to watch out for balancingSmile
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Adding this to the TCC really might be a good idea. But I have to see how to implement this, because there is one problem, you can't give the TCC a skill, because everyone would be able to use it (yes, also the enemies), thatswhy it's now working by selling unit dummies and then summon the real ones to the rally point. And I guess I also have to use this system for this artillery strike, but it's kinda bad since you won't have a target area shown. But it'll work nevertheless.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I use dummies which cast cluster rocket 2000 range from the target point where you aim, and also dummies is at a 3000 height. The angle you can decide yourself. The angle 0.40 is good. Also them the projectile comes from a great height and looks good, without any unnecessary lagg. Also you can apply stun and damage from the cluster based dummy spell as well... and any effect you want.

Since cluster rocket always uses 0.75 seconds to reach target point no matter range, it makes it predicable to apply the damage with 0.75 delay. I use a dummy using fan of knifes with casting delay of 0.75 sec since it's more reliable then using the wait 0.75 function.

Code:
Artillery Strike (item)
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike
    Actions
        Set TempPoint2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint1 = (TempPoint2 offset by 2000.00 towards ((Facing of (Triggering unit)) - 180.00) degrees)
        Set Artillery_Point[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint3 = (TempPoint2 offset by (Random real number between 55.00 and 588.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing 180.00 degrees
        Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
        Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 3500.00 at 0.00
        Unit - Add a 11.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Artillery Strike (Dummy Cast) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets TempPoint3
        Set ArtilleryDelayLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (ArtilleryDelayLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 7)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint3)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
        Sound - Play GlueScreenMeteorLaunch2 <gen>
        Wait 1.20 seconds
        Sound - Play GlueScreenMeteorLaunch3 <gen>
        Wait 1.20 seconds
        Sound - Play GlueScreenMeteorLaunch1 <gen>
You see, I also did add artillery flying sounds, so the opponents kinda get a warning about a incoming artillery bombardment.

Code:
Artillery Impact
    Events
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike (Dummy Cast)
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike (Fast Cast)
    Actions
        Set TempPoint1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing 180.00 degrees
        Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Artillery Strike (250) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Warden - Fan Of Knives
        Unit - Add Artillery Strike (450) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Artillery Strike (450 Struc) to (Last created unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ArtilleryDelayLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Less than 0
            Then - Actions
                Set ArtilleryDelayLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (ArtilleryDelayLevel[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Skip remaining actions
        Set TempPoint3 = (Artillery_Point[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] offset by (Random real number between 55.00 and 588.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint2 facing (Angle from TempPoint2 to TempPoint1) degrees
        Unit - Add Crow Form to (Last created unit)
        Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 3500.00 at 0.00
        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Artillery Strike (Fast Cast) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Tinker - Cluster Rockets TempPoint3
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint3)

Code:
Artillery Effect
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Artillery Strike (250)
    Actions
        Set TempPoint1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at TempPoint1 using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Bomb for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (280.00%, 280.00%, 280.00%) of its original size
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s animation speed to 39.00% of its original speed
        Unit - Kill (Last created unit)

This is how I did it with the artillery item.

I'm quite sure you can make it better than I did. I got 1 point leak cuz I can't remove the target point of random strikes to be calculated from.

I use up to 12 arrays, cuz in my map mod, I have a artillery AI, so the force can cast the spell.
Bumb!

So maybe this is a good alternative for end game item? Maybe we could use som more expensive cooldown items which may match up with the strongest weapons?
wow, that is genuis, i love this idea!
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
hmm i for my point think that it should be a reloadable item, given to the player in a team who was killed less then the others in this team. With this he can attack tactically the control points of the enemy and command his team mates in a way(like a commander in BATTLEFIELD). It would be a special option to play with commander. Wouldn't that be nice? Only an idea to make the game more tacticalSmile
RikonVan Wrote:hmm i for my point think that it should be a reloadable item, given to the player in a team who was killed less then the others in this team. With this he can attack tactically the control points of the enemy and command his team mates in a way(like a commander in BATTLEFIELD). It would be a special option to play with commander. Wouldn't that be nice? Only an idea to make the game more tacticalSmile
I doubt think that would be the case in normal bt.

Most likely if exodus do as he says, it might be an option for the TCC. I think it would be a nice feature and not implement this as an item.
Was this dropped?
Well, I implemented the Bomb instead and atm there is no plan to add this suggestion.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Control Points BENNIE.FM 1 2,339 2014-04-14, 23:15:39
Last Post: Exodus
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,558 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,617 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,160 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX
  New Item Wupti 10 9,401 2012-09-03, 01:26:23
Last Post: Wupti