Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Balance Thread
Factories are commonly used by Trader, Tinker and Exploder, giving them even more money!
But other Tanks can use them as well and benefit greatly from it.

Negative Facts
  • Factory uses Food Cap for Tinker towers.
    Only 3 factories can be bought, even if team factories are destroyed.
    If a fourth factory is bought by someone, he cannot use it!
    Units from player factory give less money and less exp (?).

Positive Facts
  • Factory heals itself.
    Factory gives money (Troops kill Troops for you).
    Factory heals you.
    Earned factory money can be spent on upgrades, making units even stronger.
    Units devide enemy fire power.
    You can move the factory where ever you want to.
    Units focus Mortar Team first and then others.
    Your spawned units give less money.
    You can FOCUS ENEMY TANKS!!!

Possible Balancing:
1) Give spawned units more bounty.
Change the Creep-Spawn-Item to other units with low bounty.
2) Make spawned units belong to creep force.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Maybe increase bounty of this creaps to +25% from current bounty. Or healing -15%

And additionaly make this creapes "2" times weaker, by using Updates, so if the Force Update is 10, your creapes will be 5 times Updated.
Maybe 4k fab :?
I played a game recently with enemy trader. I killed that trader very often so he had 2:11
and I even 39:18. The problem was my mates dont understand what I wanted. The weakest should build 3 factories to counter (without upgrades).

Well, he sold a weapon and bought demon , what was a fault. The problem was, he couldnt kill anything with weak weapons against the masses of updated troops. (I stopped the trader with teleport and radar really efficiently, but the troops gave enough money for updates)

Well in a public game with not too good players in your team you have nochance of counter troop tactics, because it really need teamplay and good itembuild.

I think making the factory costs up to 4k won´t change anything, because if the factory is build it "produces" gold over the time with very big support and you cannot stop it with good enemys watching your movement.

In this point Im totally with morkadar, that the money you get for these troops is nearly nothing. If there come 7 marines (1 force and 6 playercreeps) the 1 force creep give the SAME Bounty as the 6 Playercreeps, but the playercreeps even can be controlled.

The problem in this tactic is (e.g. in most publics):
- easy to use
- extremely difficult to counter

But I even remember a good game with enemy trader, where we won, but needed 2:15 hours of playing against that masses. But I dont got noobs, who just buy something without reacting to the enemy troops.

(y, now come these people and ask me, why I didnt use anti creep weapons. - answer is I used Flamer and short range weapons to be able of fast killing troops and can kill the enemy (medium/good, but not ultrapro - skilled), too.
If the "best" "no troops team" player (in this game), who hunts the trader should destroy the factories and the enemy factories, kill hords of troops and strike enemy tanks/air tanks back is not possible, even with 1 teammate who can play.

When the noobs left I wasnt able to set up my own factories, because they are killed by the enemy team, which already stand infront of the base.

To make the player troops killing more useful and give a chance to counter I even suppose +50% money for player controlled troops, because it annoying to see 3 and 6 Gold kills, when I get 20 and 40 Gold for usual troops (because the +% gold are not enough for +1 gold for player troopsWink )
Another point is, that I think the Bomb cost too much, so you cannot use it good to blow up enemy factories, that are a bit split. And if you fail you lost 4.000 Gold in a game, where the troops are sieging the whole force.

--> EDIT:
I forgot the most important point: Anti Creep weapons got less effective, maybe because of scout balancing - dont know, but that improved the factory strategy. I would vote for a short Range anti creep weapon with only 750 or 800 Range :/ , because this 6060 Frst cannon is not so good, because you cannot kill the creeps effective with 999Range if you have to face masses of them, cause of low damage/cost formula-value for the long range.

Implement a 6000 Gold AC (anti creep) 750 Range weapon with quite fast firing rate and I really would buy it :mrgreen: , but not that frost :/
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Maybe that frost creep weapon could have less range. 888? or 777?
replace plasma fragments with a normal attack AC wep to match creeps armor (they get hurt less from magic).
just an fyi... my favorite factory counters are the orbital control + mortar teams or mines + Mortar. Mines do full damage to buildings so if you save your tank's aoe you can sneak in there and place some mines. If the enemy team doesn't tele to defend and set off the mines then you drop some mortar teams down and protect them. 3 mortar teams should take down the factories quick enough.

As mentioned before... if they're tightly packed then the bomb is the best.
Bomb is a total loss for you... what is the cost 4k?
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!
Factories being an issue??? Come on... Factories are just fine...

Ways to destroy factories:
1- Have factories on your side too,
2- Have more damage then the other team (since you have 10.5k more gold) and just push the other team back,
3- If you have a massive short range unit with teleport, TP by the factory when the other team isn't there, in 1 or 2 tp, you'll have blown it up.
4. - Siege pack +Mortar reinforcements are your friendSmile
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
5. Bombs if the factories are badly placed.
I've got another suggestion for you, since I feel that most of the ideas here won't solve TKF's problem with the "troop spam", which seems to be the reason why this thread exists in the first place.

One solution could be, to increase the food costs of the summoned units. I already tried it and set the costs for Commander, Artillery and Zeppelin to 2 (from 1 each).
I placed 3 factories at the mid entrance of my base, when pushing until the mid of the map, it was nearly the same as before. But when they proceeded further to the enemy base, there were less spawns. The first spawn was a complete wave, the second only a part of it (50 - 70% of the maximum) and in the third spawn, there was only one creep (out of 15). After that it repeated again, because the first wave had been killed by the base towers.

This should give you a chance to push the enemy back to his factories. In case you want to use the full potential of three factories, at least two players have to buy and place them.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
But this makes it nearly impossible to build towers as tinker when just having 1 or 2 facs. Personally i think there is no reason to change anything about the facs/troops. It is for sure not imbalanced and it's more a question of personal dislike from tkf and others against unit based strategys.
What if you change the 5 tower limit by the tinker towers, and so they won't consume food. Just put a tinker tower counter variable which says stop if you try to build your 6th tower? Instead of making them cost 8 food.
Prog Wrote:It is for sure not imbalanced and it's more a question of personal dislike from tkf and others against unit based strategys.

In my opinion, unit flood is something I really hate. I suggest a few solutions:
-nf mode (if there is -notinker, -notrader and -noexploder, even -noupgrades, why not add this??)
-increasing spawning numbers from cps
-setting max facs to 1 or 2 but 3 (or even 4!) if base destroyed
-increasing player-creep bounty... 10%??? that's ridiculous!
Well, its not just a litte thing a few people hate. It is really annoying, if you fight a good team which defends the factories effective and even more annoying if not the whole team attacks the factories from the side lanes. But even there is a big danger to loose the middle lane, because the enemy troops face no resistance, because the enemy tanks are on the lanes.

The only counter was building own factories. I think exo´s idea is a first good step to a solution, to counter mass troops from factories far behind the lines. But the problem with the tinker tower food stays. But this is then just a forbidden combination to make tower wars like gaming ^^, sending creeps and kill the enemy ones :mrgreen: .
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
hmm... Maybe try Exodus suggestion about troop food cost increase??? Also if he's going to implement that, he should remove the food limit for the towers and implement triggered 5 tower limit to not cripple the tinker if they should also use factories...

What about it?

If it turns out to be like hell and many people complain about the change, it can always be rolled back I guess... :|
I think we could bias it in a way that factories aid more defenders than attackers. Setting max to 2 and then allow more if you lose some in base would be ok I think. Disallows attackers to push all three sides also.
Its also possible to reduce the food cost of the towers to 7, this way he can still only build 5 towers, but has 5 more food to spare for units.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Quote:...Disallows attackers to push all three sides also.

what do you mean by this?
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,047 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Factory limit Max 4 3,417 2014-01-23, 13:02:29
Last Post: eSVau
  Further balance suggestions RaptorXI 9 7,122 2013-08-14, 01:59:20
Last Post: Exodus
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 8,638 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 31,156 2012-04-26, 21:13:45