Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sky Fortress is too much/rigged...
Something needs to be changed concerning the sky fortress's system overload ability. Especially in long games, when people are getting frosts there is absolutely no way to counter it besides getting the same tank and trying to use it first. I was using a titan recently and had several frosts and was getting owned by a guy with a couple frosts and sky fortress. Even if youre with a team, all the other team needs to do is pick out which person to stun and they can own much stronger opponents easily. Even using "keep on fighting" doesnt help, as you drop to 5k hp before you can move. In my opinion the ability should be replaced or modified to some kind of stun, perhaps one that drains mana/hp but doesnt keep you from firing. Or maybe "keep on fighting" could make you immune to any abilities. Any other suggestions? Also, I've noticed that titan's can still die from bombs or mines when theyre supposed to be invincible...bug/glitch? Truly, BANG
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
In my opinion it's a fair spell. It doesnt even do damage. I do agree that the fact it keeps you from firing sucks, Maybe it should just reduce the speed or damage of your weapons, and keep you from moving or casting spells?
I wrote that problem before in feedback "skyfortress overpowered"

If you have 3 Frostlaser (without update) you deal 6300 damage - maybe + Tankcanon 6600dps

Teleport near to the titan if there are no creeps; 3k damage pefore something happens (reaction timeWink )
use bombs instantly and use ultimate

5 bombs with ca. 1.5k damage =7.5 k
4.9sec * 6.600 dps/sec

=3k+7.5k+ca.32.3k = .... about 42.000 Damage - dead

even if the titan has 5 frostlaser he couldnt own you, beacause he dont know exactly when you port, and its dificult to plant that area stun dircectly, as you usally dont hold the mouse on your own tank.

For now I only play sky Fortress, because i get bored of laying behind with Infernal or titan.
The Infernal has got the problem, that its only stun is a teleport with 0.5seconds delay and need about 1 second for the animation of the teleport or so. - to long to be effective against a Sky fortress.

The next anti Tank maybe would be a frost robot, which is much to weak :?

I even play with Skyfortress teammates, so if we attack Cp´s with 2 enemies we just take out the others with ulti and before they can react are often maybe 50-75% dead in earlier game status.
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
What about a new ultimate? I dislike the current ultimate.
Sky fortress has the only ability in the game to disable a players autofire attacks. That to me just screams op but I think a fair way for that ult to be changed is to make it do damage instead where it is more like the rhasta net in dota where it holds u and does damage a second but would not disable the weapons. Disables abilities like all the other stuns but not the frost lasers/all other weapons.
I like that idea a lot.
I agree with shadow_warrior. That type of ability would seem much more fair. Perhaps to compensate for this change the range and duration of the hold could be increased, or other apects of the tank, such as speed, could be improved.
Share the love in the unknown. Only way to understand (understatement) (wink). -Bang Bang in Blindingly Brilliant Bliss because of benevolent beneficiary being belonging 'bove, always, love...
y I like it too.

Would be nice to use a net like now, but let the enemy fire its weapons and therefore deal a quiet good amount of damage - maybe 1000/sec

Would be 4900 at lvl 5 with 4.9 seconds stun/hold
Random Player
I would absolutely love to have a speed increase on the sky fortress... it's painfully slow, even with engines.
I dont agree. If your abilities arent stopped, you can throw a rocket-like ability, break hold and just go away. Is this a ultimate fitting a 16k tank you think? I only think that duration must be lowered and no other nerf needed.
Level 1: 1.6 sec
Level 2: 2.0 sec
Level 3: 2.4 sec
Level 4: 2.8 sec
Level 5: 3.2 seconds.
Trolololo
Hmm i agree with horse the duration of the spell should be shorter and should take more mana ....ow but increase the damage of the turbo booost
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
[quote="horselance"]I dont agree. If your abilities arent stopped, you can throw a rocket-like ability, break hold and just go away. Is this a ultimate fitting a 16k tank you think? I only think that duration must be lowered and no other nerf needed.
quote]
It's not the fact that it stop abilities, it's that it stops you from using any weapons, which no other ability does. 1v1 sky fort beats any other tank in the game, including 18k and 25k titan. This makes no sense. A shorter duration would be nice, but especially late in the game three seconds of frost lasers would destroy any titan pretty quickly. If the titan ability made it invincible(as the hold basically does), instead of just not allowing you to die, then that might balance it out.
What if the sky tank instead get a mega shot as ultimate, 3000 + 1000 dmg pr level, 1 sec stun xD :lol:

just kidding
^^Big Grin I'd take a 10,000 mega shot over what it is now....
Well maybe I was misunderstood - i meant if possible to take that "engerynet" - the holding, which disables the target like a stun, so that it can fire back, but therefore deal a quiet good ammount of extra damage, maybe 500-1000/second. I dont know if it is possible to implement something like that with that ability. In that case, if the enemy can fire back the duration needn´t to be lowered.

@horselance
do you think 1.6 seconds holding is a good ultimate for a 16k Tank if you only have weapons for maybe 5000 Gold and deal about 750 dps. If there are enemy creeps arraound you maybe only deal 700 damage at the enemy tank while holding it - the ability needs quiet long time to be effective. That changing could make it realy weak at the beginning, but it keeps strong in the very end. :mrgreen:
Random Player
Well it is 1.6 at level 1. But after 2 sec it is powerful enough. And 3.2 is very very enough and deadly. And you dont deal only damage but also got protected same time. 5 sec is toooo much. Even it dont deal damage and only hold position, 5 sec is too much.
Trolololo
Another way to do it (which I don't think has been suggested yet) would be to make it like the Antigrav's ultimate, except removing a larger portion of the enemies HP, something like 40-50%. I think this plus the ability to move while your opponent is disabled would make up for the fact that it makes them invulnerable. I don't think this will be accepted, though; I know you guys like the ultimates to be unique.

In any case, I agree with Shadow_Warrior's suggestion to have the ability disable movement and abilities and deal about 1000 damage per second while still allowing the other tank to fire and leaving the length of the cast alone.
You may notice that some of my posts are somewhat disconnected in their ideas and don't really flow that well. That's because my mind drifts around like a jellyfish in a strong ocean current. You just lost the game.
This is not a shameless bump, maybe just a little :roll: . But I was wondering as the developers nerfed the scout, perhaps a little too much, are the considering the SF as well. The scout tower is kind of a pain to place as are the factories. Guess I'll get used to it but was it the new wc update that caused the change? Anyway, besides the point. I've heard a lot of good suggestions on this and another similar thread, such as dealing damage per sec with stun only, or some kind of poison damage over time, which i don't believe any other tank has. Maybe something like a venom/poisonous sting, deadly strike/daze (different labels for same concept) that would deal 1500 or so damage per sec over time plus an initial and slow the tank. Maybe a drunken stupor that makes it difficult to navigate the tank and blurs the screen?(if thats possible) and deals damage. Would also be neat if it made it a ground unit during this drunkeness. The SF kind of looks like a bee/waspish so some type of sting would compliment the tank. Also, though it would kind of be a rip off of the MG btanks mod, if the ult transformed the tank into something like a sheep/miniature SF/whatever so it couldnt use any abilities and was slowed for quite a while but could still fire. These all seem like pretty original ideas in the this map. Are any developers working on changing the tank? Would LOVE to hear the inside gossip Big Grin . _BANGBANG
So just figured out a couple of counters for the sky fortress ultimate. I was in an infernal vs. a gobby tank with psycho lasers and a sky tank with a regular laser. So if the sky tank's ultimate got me with the gobby tank around I was dead if caught alone. So I stood by a destroyed tower close to their main and both tele'd and the sky fort used it's ultimate on me. I bought the barricade from the destroyed tower to block damage and ended up killing both. You can do the same with a factory and just drop it as soon as you see the tele.

I had a tinkerer team mate and his pocket factory and towers did the same thing throughout the game. Also with the same strategy a tele breaker would have helped immensely.
Hmmm, guess that isnt a b ad tactic to use. You aren't able to place is or buy once youre stunned though right? Usually when buying towers you have to wait a second or two to be able to buy it (they remain unhighlighted). Still, to always have to be next to a tower is kind of nuts Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sky fortress DerSatan 37 20,949 2008-05-17, 20:56:50
Last Post: ancientsurvivor