Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats better on Thundertank Lightning Arua or Thunderstorm?
We all know that anybody who goes thunder tank will get lightning bolt (the medium dmg 1.5sec stunner) and chain lightning (the high dmg ultimate) but what about your 3rd skill? Thunder tank has skill points after even if u get only lighting bolt, and which 3rd skill will serve u better lightning arua or thunderstorm? Thunder Tank is a relatively low used tank but im wondering for future battles which one is better? or maybe just even just get both? Im gonna list some pros and cons for both of the abilities.

Thunderstorm
Pros
Higher Dps than Arua
works well against towers
Works well against stationary targets
Stays in effect even after u die

Cons
Takes awhile to cast
Drains mp which can we used for other spells
The effect doesn't last to long
Enemies Can simply walk out

Thunder Arua
Pros
Stays in effect FOREVER
Good combo with speed
Does not drain mana which could be used to cast other spells
It is extremely hard to avoid
It also basicly disables hp regen at high lvls

Cons
Lower Dps than Thunderstorm
Does not effect after u die
Must be very close to the target in order to take effect
Does not effect buildings

This is my first post so please dont be to harsh on critisism Big Grin
I went for Thunder Tank to counter a Scout with a light hull and 2 upgraded Bombarding Rockets today, and I chose Thunder Storm and Lightning Bolt, I was lv 7 or 8 when I got the Thunder Tank, having an upgraded Fan of Knives. Of course the Thunder Aura would have been a good counter, but since the Thunder Tank lacks speed, it would not have helped much without a teleporter or a speed boost, at least not against a Scout with long range. Through Thunder Storm, I could creep an yet keep my distance, as his hp were too low to attack me while loosing hp due to Thunder Storm, and once I got more mana and lv 10, I could finish him on his cp, since his dps could not match mine and those from my skills.

So basically I'd say that Thunder Storm is best for mid- and long-range, while Thunder Aura is useful if you have a short-ranged weapon anyway, or face enemies that are slow and/or short-ranged-
what about tank cannon? oO

i always skill tank cannon as my second basic skill with the thunder tank, the skill point left over from level 5 i spend into the aura, since i dont level it to 2 before tanklevel 14, and i dont want to care for an active level 1 spell.
For me it depends on how aggressive I want to be. If I'm just tank hunting then I go with the aura since I usually will get the speed or the teleporter as well. If I just want to roll cps then I'll get the storm. Lately... I've been getting both and skipping the cannon. I'll use the storm much like a scout tower. I'll put it in a creep path before I leave an area to heal. I'll usually steal a few extra kills that way.

If I'm using short range + speed or a tele then I'll have more than enough firepower to make up for the loss of the tank cannon.
I like aura. I even think its imba in some way. But I havent played for tunder a lot. *escapes*
Make me happy by the ze.
I love aura.
With Thunder you are often the first guy with a better tank.
This aura kills alone nearly every small tank, even if he is sourrounded by creeps.
In addition its nice to creep, better then the Thunder Storm (forget the name^^),
Against scout with long range both skills storm and aura are weak i think, the casting time is much to longSad for storm to be a good scout counter.
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
is it just me, or does it seem like the aura gives like a little mini stun? or at least slows you for a second when u get hit by it? if it does maybe it's in the tooltip and i just missed it.

the problem with the active ability is that u gotta buy more mana to use it in cunjunction with it's other two active skills. it seems to me like it's still maybe a little better to get that since if you're going thunder tank you can't go with short ranged weapons and the thunder storm ability works better than the aura with longer range weapons becuase it can hit simultaneously. (the reason why u can't go short range weapons with it is that it's so lacking in hitpoints and and has no damage reduction). but maybe it's best to get at least one level of the aura though. just like with the heavy tank where u just wanna get a level 1 mortar dudes first but then focus on tank gun and armor after that.

i'm not a ttank expert though so i'm nowhere close to sure about this.
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
I would never play the thunder tank like i described in my last post. I was such a noob back then. Thunder tank owns short range with the aura upped all the way. The only time I would get the thunderstorm is if i was on ventrillo and we had a 5 player plan that involved that spell. I usually never get thunderstorm anymore. haha!
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Short answer: It depends
If in doubt go for the lightening aura - it requires less micro

I , myself always get level one aura just to scare off other tanks - then put the rest into storm
do not forget that you can purchase mana batteries for 400$ a pop for +10 mana capacity (this carries over into any other tanks)
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
i think the aura is much better, because u need too long to cast the fucking stormWink
i dont know any skilled player who uses the storm ...
AND : aura = much creepgold i think
If I play mid, I would use thunder lightning aura.
Really usefull against creep/tank since there is an high concetration, without taking any risk.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Tank cannon shot ftwSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Aura. Free creep cannon. Tank cannon. I too almost never get lightning storm unless i have thunder tank very early. Can be usefull when defending or sieging - mass creeps in small areas, entraces to bases for example.

You dont even need powerful weapons or skill with aura to farm, you just run in and bam.

When used very early, just run in. Whats the dps of it? i dont know it off the top of my head but it can help. Against no-hull weak tanks it rapes. Just walk or waddle in. In the situation Tribulation described, aura would have been instant pwnage rather than gameplay. hehe. I dont even think there is any way you can possibly use lightning storm to greater/er advantage than aura.

SINCE using bolt and chain lightning is mandatory, storm actually handicaps you by sapping your mana. Its DAMAGES you so aura wins 452 - 1.

@BENNIE.FM
TANK CANNON!!!

@GooglyBoogly
Scaring them off works much better (theoretically) with storm.. because it doesnt change with levels. Storm and they will avoid it most likely (early game). If they are noob, they will have no idea how much damage it does unless they step in. In hb i guess the 400g for using all skills at once is plausible... but then that only removes the disadvantage, without making it less crappy as i described. In hb mode the game would probably be too fast for this argument to even matter.

Honestly, storm fails as a hero killer later on so its a creep killer. Aura is uber creep killer. If storm doesnt get stronger against heroes then aura will always win. Against buildings it does as much damage as one billionth of half a tank cannon shot. haha.
๏̮๏
At the end lvl the aura does 175 dmg.
The Lightning storm does 225 dmg.

I prefer the permanent one because I am close range dude with this tank.
This is 175 AOE dmg without doing something.
Also I tend to keep lightning tank very long, if possible... past 14 he gets another dmg boost with the storm.
There is no sin except stupidity - Oscar Wilde

Clan B4E (Banlist 4 Europe) on Northrend! The official banlist.nl clan for Europe!