Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.48] load screen
qweqqweq Wrote:4. just for the record, dota is a huge file size and it's played about 100 million times more often than battle tanks right now. i think battle tank's file size is currently somewhere around 500kb and dota's is around 3500kb! (i think) or mb, i don't care, my point is: even though dota's about 7 times the size people don't mind taking the time to go the http://www.getdota.com and downloading the map. i wonder, is there some other reason why the map makers of battle tanks need to keep the file size so small? perhaps thier hard drives are full and that's all they can fit? i'm guessing it's got something to do with the size of files they can allow poeple to download off their websight. that's just a guess. i don't know.
Well the battle tanks are much less popular than dota, and dlers are much more common when hosting Battle tanks games than dota games. Mappers have a low size policy, which gives faster online dl. The mapper of dota expect everyone to download dota from the homepage, and popularity of dota is so high that he can afford much stuff into the map since almost everyone who joins a dota game already had downloaded the map.

That's not the case with battle tanks. It's also meant to be dl'ed fast online.
so wait a minute here, lol, lemme see if i got this right... lol, dota fans don't mind the map size of the dota map because they dl it from the http://www.getdota.com sight? LMFAO AGAIN! is that really the only reason battle tanks is such a small file size? well, i can understand that reasoning but i'm also going to have to call shinanigans on that policy too my friend.
Big Grin

first of all, have u seen how people try to dl the dota map on bnet? every time a new dota version comes out people start to dl it from their buddies all the time and no one cares. i've randomly popped in for a dota game myself, not realized the new version was out and just dl from the host quite a few times. it's not an issue at all with dota fans! i just like to go to http://www.getdota.com to view the changelog so i'll now what the hell changed! and the reason you aren't allowed to dl the map by hosts usually is cause icefrog asked everyone to only dl from http://www.getdota.com to stop people from playing hacked maps or maps made from the dota template.

2nd of all, why would people who can't spare a few minutes every now and again to let some one dl the map go to all the trouble of opening up their browser and goint to a websight to dl the map? if convenience was the reason than don't u think those lazy mofo's would NOT want to get it from the websight?

i'll say it one more time for u... if the map is high quality that's what's most important. if you want want battle tanks to make it to the next level in popularity then you're just going to have to make a custom load screen for it in my opinion. it's as simple as that.

let's just say for the sake of argument that you guys are right about dota fans not minding the dl time because they can dl it from the websight then still i have this question for u again... why is the http://www.btanks.net sight not on the load screen now? all the info that needs to be on the current load screen doesn't fit on it! it's crappy, it's boring. and it's ugly! there i said it...sorry
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
@qweq: im sry for that this is your sight of it, but:

did you ever see a funmap, that has a popularity of dota, so that BLIZZARD itself made a bugfix in the WC3 just for some sounds of dota, which didnt work on Mac systems - if you didnt noticed it, then pls look up the changelog of version 1.22. ...

I have never seen before WC3 updates for funmaps - and I dont think they will do it for Battletanks, if necessaryWink

So - if Battletanks shall become more popular - more people need to dl the map and have the chance to found the great concept inside.

Or would you tell me, that if Dota has 1/6 of its size and no own Picture in the load screen you wouldnt play it ???Wink
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I took this topic back from the solved section, cuz this isn't fixed yet.

This is in 8.50, and this issue is still here. If I don't remember wrong, the site is supposed to be on bottom.

[attachment=0]Fusing "tank pilots" to 1 word, (pilots or tanks) should fix this loading screen issue and make the BT webpage visible for all users.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Isn't it that it was just pushed off by the rest of the text?
"Only seeing part of load screen..."
Which Flatscreen you got (or old screen, dont know how called) 17" , 19" , 22" or whatever.
When you got a flat screen normally there is a button which auto-config your resolution, if its 1024x768 or 1280x1024 or 800x600 and so on...
And install a new graphic driver...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.72b]afk-time screen-bug? Ger-Dyers-Eve 3 2,860 2010-11-12, 12:02:46
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  [8.53b] Loading Screen bug TKF 7 3,908 2008-09-19, 19:31:05
Last Post: Gammagulp