Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trader Item Sharing
Guys, there is a little thing that is bothering me. And thats: Trader Item Sharing (When the host activates Item Sharing and a friend of his starts trading, and selling/giving all his gold/items to the Host). Is there anyway/strategy of countering this type of (well i find it cheating) abuse?

Oke, as always just hunt the trader or resort to the same startegy, but that last one is kind of hard in a PUGame and I don't want to do that.

If there is not any other way of countering this, is there any way of getting a warning signel/statement, thats states that there is possible game abuse, when item sharing is on and someone choses a Trader aswell.

Well i guess i should have paiyed more attention when the game specifics are being chosen at the start and react accordingly by mentioning what i find abuse and then leaving the game. (but i hate to leave a game, without a very very good reason.)

So I hope someone has a better strategy for me instead of this last one.
Actually, no. This mode is optional, and thus if a host is regurarely using his friends to boost him up (or any other team members), there is indeed very little you can do appart from copying the strategy.

There is a very good reason, this one, that item/gold sharing is OFF by default. Most Btanks games are "normal" (default) with this mode off.

About one minute after game starts, or when he chooses to (custom mode), there is a message saying that "X mode is enabled/disabled". That's your cue.

Personnaly, I ALWAYS ask which mode any host plans to play. When he says custom, big red ligths start to flash...
Personnaly, I host often and always normal mode (with conquest from time to time). Seek me out :-)
Ill do the that, thought already there was little i could do apart from letting those bells ring and bail.

Thx
Depending on how good the trader is or how the teammates are... I'd go antigrav and short range + EMP you should be able to jump stun and kill / pk and farm either the trader, their other allies, or both. Usually if a host needs to resort to these tactics they're not very good either. There's no way you can learn if you give yourself an edge / advantage.

Mines are also very effective vs. traders and combined with the antigrav. Particularly at lvl 10. If you have a large mine the trader will always be a 1 hit kill. Start off by mining the trade master then the nodes. Then mine the routes if the trader adjusts. Keep in mind to use the terrain and hide the mines in trees or under rocks.

Vs. players and in particular midsized tanks you can phase shift them then place the mine at their feet then get out of there. It should kill most of them due to the 25% loss of hp. I read in another post where phaseshift + huge mine could take out a frost infernal. Large mines should be easy on a heavy tank.

Also don't just jump on them... in some spots it'll be better for you to jump through them since you keep firing as you pass them. 2 poison magics or greater will kill them before they can get their shadow walk off. It'll severely wound them before the barrier goes off. Also nets work well since it teles them to you if they are over impassable ground terrain.
Kitty, have you ever seen a game where one players has twice (or more) the gold from it's second nearest competitor? It creates a monster no single tank can hope to match. It's like saying that in a game of 3v5 one in the "3" team has 9k gold and everyone in the "5" team has 3k. Just so everyone understands, it means that 2 players from the "3" team gave all their cash to a single one.

There is absolutely nothing that team can do if that player has any skills backing him up. Trust me, there is a limit to teamplay and skills when faced with such odds. I've seen it happen, tried to counter it with a superb team, even tried it myself. No can do.

This is a game breaker tactic, plain and simple. Trader is just icing on the cake. By the time someone get the equipment you are refering to, the monster will probably have farmed so shamelesly on weaker tanks he will probably have even more powerful equipment.
True but your scenario is different from the one described... your scenario is from the start one player is pooled gold vs. the described where the trader is the crux and trades still need to happen. The first 5 minutes should be about 8~9 trades or an additional 1k for the person being pooled... hardly game breaking. Now I don't know about you but when I see people do crap like this I wouldn't call them skilled players. A well coordinated team playing zone on the trader should inhibit them enough. Also they should be down a tank so you should be able to grab territory making things even more difficult for the trader.

And still... I have been in a game where someone joined with 2 chars. Shared gold and dropped 1 at the start of the game and ran amuck with a goblin shredder + machinegun when everyone else had LTs and Helis. It was brutal... but the person that did that was on light with me and was not the host. That was game breaking.

A side story is I joined a game with a couple of friends where I was the trader and the host kept custom kicking the best player on our team. When it came down to me I let him know it was a big mistake cause he + the 4 players he had couldn't beat me. I picked up an infernal, flamers and a speed pack and took back all the CPs. And ridiculed the host till he tried custom kicking his team so he could get more gold and hopefully catch me. He didn't have a prayer cause when I was pooled we had most of the CPs and my trade gold was also pooled to me. After about 30 minutes of cussing at me he finally dropped with a thunder tank gold hull and 2 soulstones. I had added a frost laser and upgraded to an ultimate pack on my infernal. Unfair I know ... but he was the one being an arse hole.

edit: Coincidentally I tried the itemsharing as the trader and pooled one person before... it didn't turn out so well. Our teammates fed and ended up loosing. Every time I've pooled it just ended up being a mess since I couldn't defend myself, the creeps couldn't push for me and the guy I fed had marginal gains over the other team whacking the crap out our teammates. But meh...
These situations are technically not abuses, in the sense that redistribution is not made at 100% when a person quits. There many other ways to "feed" a teammate (letting him get last hit on players, selling him items for 75% of the price, leaving voluntarily are a few I can think of), but these situations usually require a good deal of teamwork, grit and knowledge about the game. Gold sharing and dumping is not, as it requires no skill whatsoever and can skew a situation to this from the first 10 seconds of play.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is trader adjusted in high bounty games? benben10 2 2,856 2008-10-04, 21:13:19
Last Post: Exodus
  Goblin Trader TKF 1 3,565 2007-11-22, 22:48:17
Last Post: [BW]Mutley