Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sucking energy torpedos
i played bt a lot and i note that the energy torpedos is the most unjust weapon.
the reasons:
-the weapon has a range of 1300 whitch makes it easy to stay away from the battle
-the cost because it's nearly buyable in the beginnning
-and the most important: it hast the longest cooldown in game i guess and therefore a very high damage

the problem is the combination of these aspects. you can kill an enemy with 2 shots in the beginning (scout, light tank, helicopter) and if you had 2 of them, it's only 1! You don't need to come to close to an enemy. Moreover because of the range you can attack ... hide and wait the cooldown ... and attack without beeing attacked too often!

in my opinion the cooldown should be decreased and the damage accordingly increased
i also think that the damage upgrade is unjust too and a range upgrade (from 1000 to 1300) would be much better

i know that energie torpedo's are one main strategys of many battletanks players but it's very important to make the game as just as possible
A Friend is someone who likes you although he knows you.^^

Kindergarten TD!
Increadible: 15000 Downloads on Epicwar!!
Download the latest version here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/5813/
I can't confirm what you have written. In my opinion energy torpedos are one of the weakest weapons at the start (and most useless later on, in private games noone plays this weapon, becouse its so bad). You creep really bad and against thinking players you will nearly never make a kill, becouse they drive back to heal early enough. Nothing to change here from my point of view.
i didn't write this whithout a reason.
i also played bt a lot on lan games and everyone who buyed energy torpedos was called a noob or a cheater because this weapon nearly always imba
of course you creep very bad but u can kill an enemy so very fast (2 or 1 shot!!) that he is not able to flee.
i also think that in ur games energy torpedos were not so damn good because u didn't specialize on 1300 range weapons (yes i know: no buildings)

Kindergarten TD!
They are not imba, they rather suck, as Prog has explained. It is not hard to deal with them, especially in mid, as their rate of fire is, as you have recognized, very low. Of course you might be unlucky a couple of times and receive the hit that finishes you off if you already were low on hp, but that does not make the weapon imba, the same can happen with Bombarding Rockets. You can indeed flee, because if you did not screw up yourself, you will have some of your own creeps around you, and there's a good chance that they are hit and you get away, and the low rate of fire of course helps the retreating player as well. The fact that the weapon has such a high damage is easily made up for by the disadvantage in creeping, you are much worse off than your opponent with a standard weapon. You might have a slight advantage during the early stage of the game, but as soon as the enemy (I'm referring to a 1on1 on the lanes) gets a hull plus a second weapon or a tank with more hp, it's pretty much over for the player with long range weapons. In conclusion, I agree: there's absolutely nothing to change.
Prog Wrote:I can't confirm what you have written. In my opinion energy torpedos are one of the weakest weapons at the start (and most useless later on, in private games noone plays this weapon, becouse its so bad). You creep really bad and against thinking players you will nearly never make a kill, becouse they drive back to heal early enough. Nothing to change here from my point of view.

+1

Energy torpedo is weak.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Althend Wrote:
Prog Wrote:I can't confirm what you have written. In my opinion energy torpedos are one of the weakest weapons at the start (and most useless later on, in private games noone plays this weapon, becouse its so bad). You creep really bad and against thinking players you will nearly never make a kill, becouse they drive back to heal early enough. Nothing to change here from my point of view.

+1

Energy torpedo is weak.

+2

1300 ranged weapons just dont offer enough damage to be useful after 10-15 minutes.
I always preffer Bombarding rocket if I play long range. Because it has more chance to hit an opponent.

Another problem of Energy Torpedo is: Its price is 2800 which means you cant buy it unless a player is missing in your team or you should buy a tinker. That makes you one shot kill in any means.
If you get second Torpedo means enemy will buy a tank at that time of game, or you wont have a hull or tank. And 2 non-upgrade Torpedo wont even kill a lvl2 helli.

But it is true that it is good for killing noobs from a range. They mostly dont look around and get caught to a torpedo.
Trolololo
I agree the energy torps are a waste of your money unless you really know what you're doing, and even then it can backfire.

This guy's a noob playing with other noobs...

Unless the torp buyer finds a way to farm fast, he's asking for serious trouble down the road....

This is why i wrote this http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...844#p14844
Torpedoes can be deadly if you know how to use them.
Conversely, torpedoes can be statiscally ineffectives if you know how to counter them.

It all depends on situations. I've seen very good players being caugth off-guard by a couple of torpedoes, and I've seen players with only this weapon (4+) being totally incapable of defending himself in certain situations.

I'm a Darwinist to the core in Btanks: Adapt or die!

PS: My personal view? Energy torpedoes are fine at the begining for a few lucky shots, then have way too many shortcomings past 15 minutes. You cant rely on chance past a certain point and a low firing rate is decidedly very "do ya feel lucky" behavior.
another thing: it seems to me like you have to be within range of a target for each weapons cooldown time before it shoots the first time.

example: a gobbo ports to another tank, no creeps around. gobbo's flamers seem to start firing instantly, but the other tanks (torpedos?) only start firing after an certain amount of time.
hmm ... i thought about it and i guess that i recognized the weapon was too strong because i played agains computer players
the ai is very easy to kill with enegy torpedo's

Kindergarten TD!
correct me if Im wrong, but an energy torpedo cost 2800Gold - a stell hull only 2500. If you dont like E-Torpedo buy a iron hull or even a steel hull and dont be killed within 3 or more shots.

@AI: i played with Bombarding and heli against AI a year ago or so, I recognized the AI dont understand the situation and retreat too late - maybe at orange/red HP Bar. with 1300Range you can kill them, while they retreat very easy :/
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
DerSatan Wrote:another thing: it seems to me like you have to be within range of a target for each weapons cooldown time before it shoots the first time.

example: a gobbo ports to another tank, no creeps around. gobbo's flamers seem to start firing instantly, but the other tanks (torpedos?) only start firing after an certain amount of time.
Maybe btw half of cooldown time but though it is very annoying. This is first and last reason why I never use etorps.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
I've sometimes used energy torpedoes. They are cool, but long cooldown and average low dps is it's weakness.

Well, if energy torpedoes has been hero only weapon even with 75% damage, it would be a fearful weapon at start, even kinda useful later since it would ignore creeps.

That would definitely change gameplay.
Energy Torpedos dont ignore creeps TKF
That's exactly what he's saying VanHelsing. Read his post more carefully.

A tank only weapon at start would be way too powerful, since HP is a big problem early on. Any weapon which garantee a few hits when tanks are at 700-1500 HP would be too deadly.
My sentence could be misunderstood, so I filled in the word "would". I edited my statement after he posted!

But you're perhaps right RedNova. Such a cheap tank only weapon at start would be quite lethal, maybe to lethal.
Didn't see the edit quote. My apologies to VanHelsing.
Energy Torpedo rly good vs. noobies, but not vs. pro. So I think there are no reasons to balance it.
Make me happy by the ze.
Wow I'm not reading all that but how worthless... it's such a bad gun. Also, if this wasn't said already, in order to buy it early, your tank has to have shit HP, which just means you can be sniped by tank abilities even easier than noobs die to the ET.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,573 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985