Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your most memorable battle?
Here's something I found in my replay archives. It's 8.15 so it's pretty old.
It was an average day at the office. All our CP's were taken. We were down to one building.

How did we win?

I'm the orange guy on light forces.
Purp and yellow are on the same IP so they work together.

Attached Files
.rar   2007-09-20 23_09_19 .rar (Size: 1.97 MB / Downloads: 166)
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
There was one battle, where i had an infernal 3 frost laser and 1 ai besides me. The enemy with 2 ai's and an infernal with 1 frost laser. i was beginning to overthrow them(had only artillery factory left in my base) and then, crittical error,(sob). DAMMIT.
The most memorable fight was a game with light vs dark 3:5. I was host so lightside red. We had 2 leavers at around 5 minutes so the money we got was worth nothing. They took all our cps and towers down withing a 20 minutes. We hang at the borders of the lightbase for like 1 hour (we noticed we all had ts and one known a server) untill we got enough gold to get better vehicles and weapons and outdated them from one minute to another. So we overthrown em (we rushed middle took down all towers and cps) and sieged there base for like 15 minutes then the wholr thing was done.
we were happy for the factory and the orbital control&bomb 8) 8) 8)
sadly ivelost the replay :cry: :cry: :cry:
This is a signature .... believe it! -or not (that's your problem)

"Ich denke also Spinn ich!" (Spiderman, nach William Shakespear)

Rechtschreibefehler sind gewollt und enthalten iene geheime Formel um Wasser in Bier zu verwandeln. AdÜ
[attachment=0]

I think short battles are memorable, cuz they are extremely rare in latest bt versions

This is a very short replay, cuz it's a replay of a 22 only minutes short battle, which proves games can be quickly played with -wc mode.

weak creeps mode really speeds up game and is the perfect game mode for the inpatient ones.

Also battles that completely turn the game around is quite rare and memorable, I only had 4-5 of these where I was on the "almost losing" side and completely turned around and won.

Attached Files
.rar   Fastest 8.42 game.rar (Size: 511.56 KB / Downloads: 116)
Yeah those battles are rly rare since the enemy must be extremly noolike at sieging or are noobs at all (then it is a miracle that they were able to push you back to your base) and/or the teamwork must work merely without words...in those cases you play either with a rly pro team (ytf have you been pushed back?) or Teamspeak ... cuz typing messages needs far to much time.

For the rly short battles - those battles only happen in my oppinion if one ofthe teams is far stronger regarding the skill of the players... or have a far better equipment (that can be passed with skill up to a certain difference). My shortest battle was around 35 mins... one on winningside one on loosing (maaaa we all have been noobs have we?)....

:arrow: Idea :!:

Gonna watch that replay as soon as I'm at home ágaîn.
This is a signature .... believe it! -or not (that's your problem)

"Ich denke also Spinn ich!" (Spiderman, nach William Shakespear)

Rechtschreibefehler sind gewollt und enthalten iene geheime Formel um Wasser in Bier zu verwandeln. AdÜ
the longest game i played, was over 4,5h
it was ver 7.5x
my team started to win, but their opponents got 1 good tinker, then second. when we were attacking their base, we started to feed. they got half of their base destroyed, but they started to push, and att our base. after a few hours ppl started to leave. i left after over 4,5h. btw, game started at midnight so it was 4:30 when i ended game :p
I had a really good game today, well personally it wasnt my best one, but our team performed really good in the second half of the game and I thought you might be interested to see how I playWink

As you will notice when watching the replay, the other team was playing together and even using teamspeak. It looked like we were losing for sure, but after we kicked our feeder the game turned around. We won after about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
And like everytime, I'm dying way too often :/ But well, in the end it didnt matter.

Of course, it was the latest version, 8.45, but unfortunately a map with _ in the name ...

For some reason I can't use the post attachment, so I'll upload it at MegaUpload:
click
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Here's a 2v2 game vs someone who used to nail me... I had an unfair advantage since I had an early leaver.[attachment=0]

Not really memorable but it was fun measuring progression.

Attached Files
.w3g   2v2 vin84.w3g (Size: 405.72 KB / Downloads: 209)
Today I had a fantastic battle!
This was definitely last game for today, all previous games we won nearly perfectly. And now I was tired and was a bit oppressed by too much games so I didn't want to play too much and was going to lose:). In addition we had two feeders at the beginning and one of them was extremely noob. We kicked him but it was already too late - he fed one guy so much that his advantage stayed intact throughout all the game. Also trying to deal with that overfed guy we allowed tinker to settle in the center so eventually he fed up insanely!
Sounds like all hopes lost, you say? May be. All 100 minutes we had a thought that we are going to lose. Sorry, not 100, but 99. Because this is what I want to show you - a blitzkrieg maneuver! It took nearly one minute(or two?) to take control over all map and destroy their base! Fastest turning point ever!
Don't miss!Smile

PS nearly forgotten:) THE LINK
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
I've had many, most of them with turning points. I seem to have an amazing amount of turning points lately - two on monday, out of two.

The most memorable is probably when we were besieged, I was a mid-long range Ghost Tank (1000). My allies were pretty terribad, but one of them switched to exploder at my behest, set up three factories outside of base while they were regrouping, and we managed to defend the factories while slightly feeding on them. We defended (I was using something something two lightning magics and later a psycho magic as weapons), and eventually with the exploder's help upgrading I got an infernal and we went on a rapid capture-spree. Then, eventually, took 'em out.

Another one that comes to mind was longer ago, when we started strong and besieged them early, going as far as setting up factories and slightly upgrading armor. However, after a bit, they were able to fight back and retook everything, and killed my beloved factories, at which point I just about said 'GG' (I did, actually. Probably. I always say that when I lose 3 facts). However, we persevered, and with the help of a tank-turned-exploder were defended for a while. I got a Titan while they were still Infernals (and with better weapons, too) and was able to drive 'em back, when we went on a short blitzkrieg (during which I racked up gold for better weapons) and eventually we were able to kill 'em.

And, yet another game, was essentially me and two AI's against a full team of five late-game (don't remember what happened so I had no allies). At any rate, I was able to take on many of them at once if I had some of the rather weak AI's near me, but once I maxed out (5 frosts, etc) and had enough money to build random laser towers at empty spots I and still couldn't break through I gave up. No where for me to go.
one of my replays
5v5 random public game
think its 1.22 game version, 8.57 map

ehh i just watched back a replay with (last patch, last mode) and its bugged, showing fake datas for tank stats
what did i mess ?

Attached Files
.w3g   1v5.w3g (Size: 722.02 KB / Downloads: 181)
it had to be clan bt's first league win against fido1 and clan 13t over a year ago now. it was a 2 v 2. me and nonja vs fido1 and some one else, i forget who. it took about 2.5 hours. they had the 2 middle cps and we had all the side cps. we'd resorted to some very strange and unique tactics like invisibility and bombs. the really funny thing was that we won right before we were about to loose. i'd just barely correctly (and luckily) calculated the win time to get it. the thing was, if u can believe it, i can't blame u if u don't, was that i suicided to do it. i had a situation where my partner was defending and i was attacking. i used a couple bombs to take out the side lazer towers of their base. i left their mid base towers in tact, then i went for the main buildings. i knew that my partner, nonja, could defend 1v1 but not 1v2. so what i did was let their defender kill me then he had the choice to cp tp into my base or not. the defender of theirs killed me and then because he didn't realize the mistake went in to kill our last defender and win it. however. i didn't let myself be killed before their base was halfway dead. by the time they killed nonja and were about to kill our base their base died from a trickle of side creeps that collected up and finished off the last half of hitpoints on their main base about 1 second before ours would have died. if he'd just bought a couple lazer towers before he cp tp'd to our base the game would have went on for much longer but as it was, we won about 1 second before we would have lost. our side creeps collected and surrounded their last builing and destroyed it just as it was completely surrounded it which was exactly what i was hoping and planning for. it was the most perfect and completely comprehensive last second win i could ever have imagined and i wish i'd been able to put it on youtube. if i just had the time... Sad

this was before the last building to kill was made into the artillery factory btw. Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
i just read my own post and even i can hardly believe i played like that. has anyone ever seen the kind of crazy way i play and can vouch that this sort of calculating is possible at even high level of play. perhaps horselance, bennie.fm, token, or frechheit can vouch that this sort of tactics can be pulled off? otherwise i think i'm going to seem like some sort of a crazy lying asshole. Smile
Why's the rothchild family crest and the illuminati symbol on my 1 dollar bill? Why do rich and powerful American "christian" leaders have gay sex and worship a giant 40 foot stone owl at Beach Grove every year? Why doesn't anyone care?
Hr mm quickie America is taking a toll over you move to NZ
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replays of Good Battle Tanks Battles TKF 14 10,636 2008-07-06, 15:39:25
Last Post: qweqqweq