Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What needs to be done to win btanks?
I know that technically you just have to destroy the two laser towers in front of the main building and then destroy the building. However, people's behavior on battlenet seems to say that there's some unwritten rule that says you're supposed to destroy all of the opponents' buildings in order to win.

For example, the opposing team never seems driven to take out the main building and end the game. They'll go through and destroy my team's buildings one by one. Sometimes it seems like they don't want to end the game at all but just want to punish us by destroying our tanks and not ending the game.

Last night, my team's base was looking pretty bad, but I was able to focus fire on the two laser towers and main building and "win" the game. Right after that, one of the opponents says, "So, you guys got yourself a tie".

If someone could please explain this to me, I'd really appreciate it. It's confused me for quite a while now.

Thanks!
Do you worry when people argue because you are winning?
No.
People always complain when they lose. If you don't cheat, there is no problem.Wink
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Thats right.

Most of the time, ppl will just try to take out all buildings for other reasons, not to "punish you" or anything like that. Destroying only the enemies base is only possible when the enemy is really weak, so weak that even when they stand in front of their facotry/base all together, they dont have a chance. Only when that is not the case, ppl will tend to destroy the rest of you base first. Some of the reasons for that are:

- destroying your base factorys makes you loose most of the force gold you get and adds to the forcegold they get for themselves. Also there will be no creeps getting in the way anymore.

- destroying side lasers/towers will make it possible for their creeps to get all the way up to your main base caste, that way they can appraoch easier without exposing themselves too much.

Thanks for the reassurance. That's the answer I was hoping for, but I just wanted to make sure. I couldn't believe it when that guy said it was a tie. I started to type, "I thought 'Light Force is victorious!' meant that we won", but the game ended before I got the chance.

Anyways, my end-of-the-game strategy has worked well the last couple of games I've played. I get an infernal robot loaded up with upgraded poison magic and upgraded speed. Then I run into their base, teleport right on the vehicle factory, start infernal rain, and do as much damage as I can before I die. Going all the way into the corner helps to focus my fire power on the vehicle factory and helps me survive a few extra seconds. I also use chaos wave (or whatever it's called) if my mana recharges enough before I die.
Ok but your tech really sucks. Inferno is overpowered.... No fun playing that way...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks for Dota 2 ! Steve 12 10,559 2016-11-11, 15:31:39
Last Post:
  BTanks Hosts Status?? mafrom2 2 3,304 2016-03-19, 14:33:48
Last Post: mafrom2
  BTanks dead? Coke 1 2,565 2012-01-25, 14:04:18
Last Post: Velocity2k
  btanks missile 1 2,997 2011-02-17, 03:49:59
Last Post: Saiyuki
  Btanks Ranking 8 6,224 2010-01-21, 20:15:14
Last Post: Guest