Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a Referee - Feedback
Hello. It was my first time I was referee in one game today even if this feature has existed for some time, I've never being in the observer slot before in battle tanks. It was quite interesting. I noticed some bugs and features while being a referee/observer.

Feedback
  • You get annoying "your forces are under attack" and "allied town is under attack" messages every half minutes. This might be possible to disable to make it more pleasant to watch games is is quite often to hear it, also it's annoying too, especially when you spectate.
  • You are unable to use -zoom command. It's a bit close to get the overview while watching.
  • Allied colors is a bit weird when you observe. Force is bluelike, players are orange and red. When the orange is being attacked they turn into red which is a bit annoying. I'm not sure if this is a feature or an unfixable wc3 bug releated to observer players.
  • You can tell everyone how many gold one player has via chat, potential providing vital information since the other team don't know how much gold each enemy player exactly has. Providing this information is abusing the observer role

However there was some nice features, like clicking on tanks you get their names where the No upkeep text used to be, also getting player like info on every player as a referee. You can also talk to the players ingame, kinda like being a bystander which can talk to players in the game while slacking off and watching the match is kinda more fun than watching a replay.

But it's most fun to play ofc.
TKF Wrote:[*]You can tell everyone how many gold one player has via chat, potential providing vital information since the other team don't know how much gold each enemy player exactly has. Providing this information is abusing the observer role[/list]

your a refereeTongue
referees should be fair anywayWink
and even if the other team know about the gold so what?
they cant do anything against itTongue
I don't know if I can do something about the first point, but the other ones are pretty much a given.
  • You can't use any chat command as a observer, dunno why, but the triggers won't register the chat event, even when you tell them to.
  • Yeah, the colors are kinda fucked up, but there is nothing I can do about it. It just happens, because the forces are controlled by neutral players, instead of player 11 and 12 and Wc3 won't change the color of those neutral players.
  • Well yeah, like Argoli said, it just happens to be this way, nothing we can do about it ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
There is a difference between a observer and a referee. Referees for example can whisper during a game, observers can't. I also think observers can't chat with the players.
You can set the type (observer/referee) in the mapconfig for example.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simple feedback BENNIE.FM 3 3,803 2013-03-19, 17:46:15
Last Post: eSVau
  Ability Adjustment Feedback TKF 18 10,544 2010-09-08, 16:00:01
Last Post: TKF
  Feedback on the terrain changes (8.56) Khristophoros 3 3,482 2008-12-22, 13:20:21
Last Post: Khristophoros
  BT 8.53b Feedback Exodus 11 6,909 2008-10-15, 02:51:04
Last Post: italyrools
  Feedback 8.4x Exodus 23 18,691 2008-08-15, 19:09:18
Last Post: Exodus