Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general imbalance? #2
buying tanks are about 3 times more profitable than buying items. thats why many people find the infernal overpowered, but it really isnt, or better: all tanks are.

if two equally worth tanks face each other, the one with the more expensive tank will win. saving for a tank is worth it everytime, while saving for an item is not most of the times. a popular strategy is to start with light tank with 2x basic magic, then buy a heavy teank, then eventually buy another cheap weapon or just got straight for infernal.

i know the map is called battle tanks, but what is a tank without the proper weapons/equipment? i dont really know why a tank for 15k gold and a weapon for 15k gold is not worth the same.

ok, its the same system for all players, so everyone can arrange with that, but i dont think its the way it used to be. 1 gold = 1 gold Tongue

unfotunately, this problem cant be solved (even is that is wanted) easily, but suggestions are welcome, as well as any other comments

both thready may sound like ciriticism, maybe, but dont think i dont like or enjoy battle tanks, as you all can imagine. its a great game, good work. just wanted to make this clear Smile
In my opinion this is no problem at all. It's true, that more expensive tanks are in comparison to a weaker tanks with more weapons stronger, but it's not that easy to save for a bigger tank, while your enemy got more weapons and/or hulls. As an example you mentioned light tanks with 2 basic magics saving for a heavy tank. If he fights enemys buying an early hull and starting pushing, it's quite hard for him to stay alive and not losing his control point. Especially in tough games, where at least 2 tanks aim their rockets correctly, it's really hard. So while hes saveing, he'll lack of getting money in comparison to the enemys who bought hull & weapons, becouse he needs to act extrem defensivly and might die fast. So it happens quite often, that someone who bought a hull gets the heavy tank as fast as someone who just saved money.

@Infernal: He was really imba, becouse he didn't need any weapons, due to his too strong abilitys, but now he's fixed.
I also noticed that the tanks gives much for the money. I earlier suggested a greater bounty increment for bigger tanks, but the others didn't like the idea.

Other solution could be to change the tank cost system, but that would probably mess up the current game balanceSad ....
what about cutting the bonus hitpoints of tanks which are depending on their level?

you have a level advantage anyway because of your skills, and the bonus hp an infernal gets for example is just incredible. if you think of what these hp were worth in hulls... furthermore, if all players first save for a tank (for example heavy tank), there will be almost no kills once they all got him, because their damage just isnt relationed to their hitpoints.

just for hitpoint increasement, a tank is still better than hulls. a hull gives 100 hp for 125 gold, a tank will bring 100 hitpoints for 100 gold, and additionally better skills.
You have an interesting point there about the bonus hp.

A level 25 infernal tank get 7500 bonus hp, that's more than a upgraded gold hull that is worth 7500 and it gives 6000 hp; and infernal gets it for free through leveling...

It would be funny if tank level would affect bounty. 2% more bounty bonus pr level (only for tank point value alone.) So a level 25 light tank, would then have effective 1500 point value in terms for bounty calculations, instead of 1000 for all levels.

DerSatan Wrote:buying tanks are about 3 times more profitable than buying items. thats why many people find the infernal overpowered, but it really isnt, or better: all tanks are.
Otherwise I find it weird, that the tanks are 3 times stronger cuz it's so strong with all abilities, hp and cheapness. It should no be more that 2 times I think....
Increasing Tank value more would even more imbalance the imbalance #1 mentioned in this Forum ^^.

I also see, that new tanks at beginning are better, than weapons and hull, but even a heavy tank with better skills cant creep with only 2 Basic magic, maybe after 14 min - at 15. min Lvl 3/3 creeps.
I know the ulties are quite good then, but u cant use ulti skills permantent to creep (pls dont say now sth. like ghost tank can or so... :roll: )

I just want to say, that 2 Weapons a 2000 Gold + Upgr. creep much better over a long time as a heavy tank, till he gets new weapons.

e.g.: I played a game with clan mates, where one goes
1. for Heavy
2. for Infernal --> just with start weapon

I got 2 Ice Cannon, Steel Hull, Orbital Control, Troop Command and Startweapon and bought Infernal 1 min later !!!!!!
So I could kill him 5 or 6 Times easiliy and he feeds me, cause he didnt upgrade his Heavy T. long Time.

My Opinion to this is, that if general imbalance #1 can be solved, maybe general imbalance #2 can be solved as well, cause killing Tanks didnt get too much gold, after you got a new strong Tank. :wink:

nevertheless buying Weapons for fighting is necessary if u want to fight someone really after some time. :mrgreen:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Imbalance due changed base towers (v8.67) Belshamaroth 13 7,325 2010-03-05, 16:55:36
Last Post: ArGoLi
  general imbalance? #1 DerSatan 15 6,899 2008-02-21, 22:18:49
Last Post: horselance