Poll: How to rebalance the Smoke Generator
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No change
37.50%
3 37.50%
Add a short invulnerability at the start of using it
0%
0 0%
Increase armor while used / damage reduction / evasion
12.50%
1 12.50%
Disable the Radar when the tank has less than 50% HP
0%
0 0%
Make the Radar be usable on an area
0%
0 0%
Make the Radar be activated for a short time, but still around the tank
37.50%
3 37.50%
The Radar has to target one tank which then cant be invisible for some time (25sec?)
12.50%
1 12.50%
Any other change
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reducing the Radar's range?
I find it's lacking one option (eeh my option ^^).

Smoke Gen
Give 50% temporary reduction from player weapons for a short period of time, as well as 50% evasion? 5 seconds?
Pls add the 'activate radar' option as a separate option instead of 'other change'. (and reset poll then)
ok done, but if you can avticate your radar for at least 5 seconds, then its about the same like permanent... only that you have to react and click your item, means a delay of about 1 second, thats not really usable
I think it is, hard to explain, but you would see in game. Reaction time is much lower then 1sec in most cases, because you have to notice someone going invis too ie. in large groups.
Batto Wrote:I think it is, hard to explain, but you would see in game. Reaction time is much lower then 1sec in most cases, because you have to notice someone going invis too ie. in large groups.
1 second is quite a long time imho... 1-2 seconds then
ok, without the target area this suggestion could be goodWink the radar would be much less effective against mines though (i personally like mines, so for me its ok^^)
but well, the mine remote fuse now displays how many mines are nearby... perhaps it could even show the location of the mines with a floating "!" at the position, that could be a good balancing

EDIT: hmm but it would be a reaction skill and depend on the internet connection much, so i dont know if thats fair
Only 5 votes, pls more votes.

So far it seems that the simple scan solution will be in favor in the vote. but it doesn't decide the outcome cuz...
Bob666 Wrote:the vote isnt deciding what will be changed, exo and me do, but that vote might make me decide it
Only makes exo and bob make up their mind what to do with the radar!

MORE VOTES!

___

What about ulti pack and trade hunter pack, those radar abilities will be activated or will they remain the same?
I think I would prefer a total removal of the Radar, and a reduced duration for smoke generators... about 50%

its easy to understand, its not imba, and noone wastes money... well it could be imba, but afaik it should not...

EDIT: your opinion is wanted!^^
Bob666 Wrote:EDIT: your opinion is wanted!^^

sry that statement says me 2 things:

Do you mean even more votes, or has this come to an outcome where the radar should have active ability scan?
Bob666 Wrote:I think I would prefer a total removal of the Radar, and a reduced duration for smoke generators... about 50%

its easy to understand, its not imba, and noone wastes money... well it could be imba, but afaik it should not...

thats a new idea... and i need opionions about that one
Bob666 Wrote:I think I would prefer a total removal of the Radar, and a reduced duration for smoke generators... about 50%

You get my opinion first. I don't like removing the ability to counter tactics. I'm against removing radar.

If your enemy goes smoke tactic, he got a lethal advantage of being invisible for a short time. Also if you want to spend money to counter smoke gen, you buy radar. Even though I find it a bit cheap way to counter smoke gen, giving radar an active ability that must be activated, could create a weakness for radar carrier, which allows smoke gen user to have a chance to attack while the radar has cooldown after scans effect is over... a window of opportunity.

___

For example the enemy goes multi guards tactic, 1 player must sacrifice in order to go exploder to effectively counter guard tactic, which again could be countered with tb'ers, which again could make the terrorist go heli, with smoke gen, which force guards to buy radar, but where is it when it's removed?? The 2.5 sec invisibility which might no be effectively countered, could own the guards... AAAHHH soannoyingway to counter AAAHHH....

Why removing the radar :? I did get it when it was talking about reducing the range of the radar, which is OK. But I don't like removing the radar. The part about making smoke gen lasts 2.5 sec, when the radar is gone, cannot so easily be countered (except wards, or expensive sensor equipment). It's still also short.

_________

/blablabla off

Don't remove radar pls. 50% idea I find weird. Other suggestions I partially can live with.

The three worst things I know of (about radar)

1. The death of the cheap radar
2. Make the Radar be usable on an area
3. Radar getting disabled when the tanks hp is less than 50%

I think my opinion is clear

Other opinions? :o
smoke gen 2,5 seconds,

remove rader

hmmm

sounds good Smile

maybe it has to be balanced after game experience, but i think its ok. theres no counter to speed upgrade or hulls either, whilst against smoke gen you still would have wards, tower modules and the trader hunter pack, if its not changed
If you decide anyways to remove the radar; the wards, radar modules, trade hunter pack and ulti pack should be good enough to counter Smoke Gen.

Also the wards are very cheap counter against smoke gen.

Trade hunter pack cost only 4500 gold, in addition it has teleporter with a speed boost ^^
other items, same problem: the mine remote (if it will be able to detect mines) will counter any mine strategy. not the demolisher's, because the demo player will most likely change his tank and the mines arent too strong.. but if you buy mines for 7500... hmmmm
DerSatan Wrote:other items, same problem: the mine remote (if it will be able to detect mines) will counter any mine strategy. not the demolisher's, because the demo player will most likely change his tank and the mines arent too strong.. but if you buy mines for 7500... hmmmm

it cannot defuse mines all the time, you can still lay them on control points, fight against other players, lay them near buildings, lay them behind trees, lay them near another tank while it is stunned, etc etc

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teleport out of range RikonVan 9 7,929 2013-09-06, 08:21:54
Last Post: RikonVan
  Long range limitation Icono 30 14,082 2008-12-31, 12:08:07
Last Post: horselance
  Speedy Tank with long range weapon Duke7 12 5,372 2008-10-15, 02:52:30
Last Post: italyrools
  Long range = grey world Mdk 43 16,207 2008-08-24, 05:05:41
Last Post: TKF
  Teleporter + Low Range Weapons horselance 16 7,664 2008-07-25, 20:39:45
Last Post: italyrools