Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot power supply
:!: EMERGENCY :!:

This computer I have now is 6 years old. When I today played, it did suddenly did shutdown by itself! I restarted and went inside BIOS, but cpu was only 169 degrees. Then I immediately touched the box, and it was EXTREMELY HOT! I popped up the computer box and discovered the power supply was very hot! This is first time I've encountered this. Does anybody knows the reason and what you would recommend me to do before meltdown occurs? :|
Quote:but cpu was only 169 degrees
ONLY ??? 169 degrees is waaaaaaaaaay to much!! Just by a new power supply or something, maybe even a new processor.

Will cost some money, but on the bright side: you will be able to react even faster in btanks gamesTongue
sry I meant Fahrenheit. It's compared to about 60 degrees Celsius. I don't think that's critical.

It's is the power supply that is very very hot. So your recommendations is to buy a new one?
Yes, 60°C isnt that bad, in summer mine runs at 70°C or more(old machine as well, not interested in buying new fan/cooling system).

But yes, it may be best to buy a new one, althoug i am not an expert in hardware. But it seems logical, and there are a lot of cheap supplys out there if you dont want to spend to much on an old machine...
btw my pc did shutdown when we was in the same game, Batto. It took a while before my pc was up and running.

I also think I should buy a new power supply. Just wanna hear if someone else have a better solution than buying a new power supply. (Like having the knowlegde of fixing it)