Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Bug?
Hi,

i think i found a new bug.

We played a custom game with 30k at the beginning. I took an Infernal and darkness cannon. Yellow took a sky tank and frost magic. The he flew to the store in the middle and bought bombs. Then the bombs attackt his own team. He had two bombs when he got killed. Then after resurection of both of us at the same time these bombs attacked me in my own base! Yellow didn't do anything in the first minute.

This is a bug, isn't it? !

Regards
Gorya
hmm that sounds kinda weird. you didnt save they replay, did you..?

is it right that you are talking about the weapon bombs, which only attacky ground player vehicles from air tanks? not the single bombs which can be planted anywhere?
Wow, i think a replay would really be nice for that !
Moved to the Bug-Forum.

What you describe there sounds ... weird ...
Just like every weapon, the skill for bombs is a hardcoded one of Wc3, so there shouldn't be any problems with triggers. But if the weapon itself were buggy I think people would have noticed this a long time ago (since we didn't change anything on the weapons lately), thats what makes this even more strange.

As already said before, a replay would be nice. Or even better, a way to reproduce that bug.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Sure I have a replay :wink:

btw: my own team member killed me in this match!!
Teamkill is possible with explosives, nothing wrong with that.

Can you upload the replay too?Wink
He killed me with bombs from the middle store, not with explosives Confusedhock:
I'll send the replay only to the developers of this map. Sorry for all others, because there is something like privacy protection :!:
/spam on

lol

/spam off
privacy protection? it sounds like a delicate conversation between you and your mate or something like this... :>
Well, I've got the replay (but didn't watch it yet), so it doesn't matter which reasons he has to not post it in here. So no further discussion about this privacy topic is necessary.
I'll try to find out what this bug is all about.

EDIT: ok, the bug is fixed now. It has nothing to do with the bombs, they are ok.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Hi,

I just wanted to mention that the moving back and forth behaviour of the AI now occurs inside the entrance of the enemy base. It's minor thing though, as at this stage of the game the score is most certainly settled :wink:
We had only 2 crashes since using v8.32 so far, and other than the AI getting much more money than it should it's really fun again Big Grin
By the way, does anybody else besides me think that the bomber tank is just a little too overpowered? Killing even frosties en masse in the late game seems a bit imbalanced. But then, the bomber tank wouldn't be of much use otherwise...

Rakhu
i think i wont fix the stuck positions for the AI, as i would have to edit the terrain again then... or it would be a very complicated fix inside the AI

the AI gets more gold? you mean that is a bug? normally the AI should gain gold normally except for the insane AI, which gets 50% more gold per second (not killing, just that gold per second)

bomber tank, you mean the sky tank? well, i dont think its too strong... many players use it, i personally do not, and i dont think its too strong
I wish the frost robot would get hit with the nerf bat, actually. it's way overpowered for the cost. Speed upgrades are useless when it can slow you for 100 years.

ps - thanks for the info about the insane ai, bob. friends and i play btanks vs ai a lot and we were always frustrated by insane ai and the fact that no matter how bad we smash them they always had more dps/better tanks in the mid/late game.
smelly Wrote:ps - thanks for the info about the insane ai, bob. friends and i play btanks vs ai a lot and we were always frustrated by insane ai and the fact that no matter how bad we smash them they always had more dps/better tanks in the mid/late game.

its just that i would never make the AI weaker on my ownTongue
btw, in the next version the AI will be improved a bit, too.. i found some bugs in the script, and for example they paid 6000 gold for a heavy tank instead of 5500... they also did not defend control points like it was intended... they will now teleport earlier, i dont know if that is good, but its what they do^^
I meant the Exploder (one of the special tanks), not the sky tank. Using explosives from the Trader shop (Arthas in the base) that little guy is able to deal insane amounts of damage - enough to devastate AI every game, even scoring mega kills in the late game when AI is held in one place.
Of course it is very difficult to use against human players, and it really takes just one hit to kill it - but against AI it is THE ONE tank to make huge amounts of money without the risk of giving too much money to the enemy (items are comparatively cheap, so the enemies don't really get a lot of money for him).
Fun to play after rounds of being overrun by insane AI thoughWink
lol vs AI there are so much "imba" tactics. BT should be balanced for games with living players ^^
DerSatan is right, if you know how the AI basically works, you can find many strategies against them... they wont think of buying a mine remote fuse for example^^

but well, it already was enough work to create such an AI, i wont go on improving it to beat human players in every tactic (but afaik they are already better than public game players... at least there were sometimes, but the average public bt player is better now^^)
The AI is only good with brutal force and pure fighting only. They have no intelligence (nice work on anti gravs AI with the jump anyway :wink: ) they retreat when half dead. They are very adept at chasing traders to the worlds ends I noticed, also they seem to follow you even if you're invisible and even demolisher uses shockwave even you are invisible I think.

I think you should implement speed item at least as random item for the AI. It won't hurt. It's a passive item. Perhaps repair robots could also be nice.
TKF Wrote:I think you should implement speed item at least as random item for the AI. It won't hurt. It's a passive item. Perhaps repair robots could also be nice.

then i would have to order the AI to the building to buy it... thats quite annoying to do for only one item...
first bugs, then some ideas from the german forum, then perhaps this one... + pauses between
BT is a multiplayer game, no single player