Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanently Stuck - Teleport Breaker Abuse
The Teleport breaker can be placed in such a way that any non-flying tank is teleported into a spot where they cannot move and are permanently trapped.

Replay is attached

In my case I was a heavy tank with lvl 5 heavy armour and the game had only been going 34 mins, so allies could not kill me fast enough with hired troops, and i was stuck until the enemy team was kind enough to kill me (after they had turned the game around).

I suggest than an unstuck command be added to Battletanks in the next version, that would teleport you back to base if you had been immobile for an extended period, say 30 or 60 seconds.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.rar   LastReplay.rar (Size: 885.77 KB / Downloads: 62)
Well after 40-50 seconds you can use you teleporting ability to get away from the stuck place, but you probably get killed before that happens, since you normally have a teleporter item or ability in order to activate the trap. But putting breaker at a stuck position by enemy air tanks is quite evil, especially to stuck ground tanks. I don't have another solution than to plumb the open holes. Maybe Bob666 and Exodus should have a look on this matter...
well, yes, we have to prevent that the breaker can be placed anywhere on the map...

did you get stuck in a position where your tank fit in, or was the space just to small for the tank "normally"... if it was too small, then i would try to use the same system as what i use for the jump-ability, thats quite safe already... nevertheless there are some positions where you could get stuck...
for example next to the dark force CP on the right lane

another solution would be to just make the hyperspace breaker not affect CP-teleporters
Nope, that last suggestion isnt so good imho, because that is one of the two main things the breaker is used for. Lets just try and find all bad spots and fix them in some wayWink
Bob666 Wrote:another solution would be to just make the hyperspace breaker not affect CP-teleporters
They do affect CP teleport skill to tp to the factories? I didn't know that.

Also perhaps make the hyperspace breakers collision size as big as the tanks perhaps. There is less holes on the map to put it in then. If air tanks attempt to do that, the probability is greater to relocate the ward outside the forest or whatever location. But the disadvantage is that wards becomes fat and bumby in terms of collision sizes.
TKF Wrote:
Bob666 Wrote:another solution would be to just make the hyperspace breaker not affect CP-teleporters
They do affect CP teleport skill to tp to the factories? I didn't know that.

Also perhaps make the hyperspace breakers collision size as big as the tanks perhaps. There is less holes on the map to put it in then. If air tanks attempt to do that, the probability is greater to relocate the ward outside the forest or whatever location. But the disadvantage is that wards becomes fat and bumby in terms of collision sizes.

you can set a flag that other units can walk over them, so it wont be a problem... but somehow you can create wards at locations where the ward cannot be placed normally... like you also can get stuck with tanks inside a cliff or in trees, the rest is no problem
But if you can create wards at locations where the ward cannot be placed normally, it is a problem. But if you remove the Teleporters ability to affect CPT ability, you can teleport your way out of there later with teleporter item or skill.

Isn't there a way to detect non-walkable terrain condition in editor? Just simply add this condition when attempting to drop ward. (Boolescher Vergleich -> Enviroment)
TKF Wrote:Isn't there a way to detect non-walkable terrain condition in editor? Just simply add this condition when attempting to drop ward. (Boolescher Vergleich -> Enviroment)

that only detects if the terrain itself is pathable (cliffs perhaps), but not if theres a unit standing there...
its more complicated than this
Quote: TFK Wrote
Well after 40-50 seconds you can use you teleporting ability to get away from the stuck place

If you actually looked at the replay you would see that the breaker has been placed out of the range of the normal teleport ability that every tank posseses and such, that is not an option.

Quote: Bob666 Wrote
did you get stuck in a position where your tank fit in,

Again, if you looked at the replay you would see that there is easily enough space for the tank to fit, I just couldn't get out.

There needs to be some way for a tank to move itself out of a place where it has been stuck that does not involve shops. Fixing every spot on the map would likely be much more difficuilt to achieve than using some command or ability

The file is Zipped using a program called WinRar, which can be easily downloaded from a freeware site.
GooglyBoogly Wrote:Again, if you looked at the replay you would see that there is easily enough space for the tank to fit, I just couldn't get out.

i just didnt watch it, ok?
and i wont watch it, unless theres something inside it you couldnt tell me

make screenshots instead please, or describe it.. well, in this case: so you are really sure it fitted? i dont know that theres a place where the tank fits in and cant move... most times you stand inside a tree or something like that... those "free places" have to be fixed anyways, and for the other thing, perhaps a higher collision size is enough, even if i dont think so.. then i will have to use my own function for placing the war, like i do for the nuclear bomb
I do not know where to upload an image to, so instead i am just posting the image file as an attachment, zipped since your forum wont allow .bmp. Hopefully it wont be too much effort for you to take a look. The place I was trapped was within a tree, but there was enough space for an anti-grav ally tank to jump in next to me.

Attempting to fix the points in the map will require fixing every point in the map, as the deployable factories can also be tp'd to in the same manner as i did.

Attached Files
.zip   BtanksStuck.zip (Size: 292.68 KB / Downloads: 159)
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
ok, that point isnt pathable... thanks for the screenshot

now, in warcraft III some things can be placed at unpathable locations, when theres no pathable location nearby... so i will have to create a script for that one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.77c] Tinker with explosives ignore breaker AeroniumX 2 4,489 2013-01-18, 10:15:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Tanks get stuck in the Architect portal Dr.xD 1 3,744 2012-12-12, 00:11:03
  [All versions] CP TP and Teleport Beacon ssl 9 10,964 2012-10-28, 22:46:07
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Not able to teleport at some locations ssl 4 4,929 2012-08-26, 15:50:07
Last Post: Crag_Hack
  Raider ulti breaker BENNIE.FM 2 3,241 2012-07-13, 19:54:00