Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinker Installs 2x Modules @ same time (was 8.32)
I discovered this by accident trying to hit "e" (and targeting the tower) to manually repair a tower quickly after installing a Repair Module with "q".

After further testing, i determined it works with any 2 module types, just have to time the hotkeys proper.

Like hit, "T", "Q", (target the tower to receive it) then any other Module Hotkey <note you do not hit "T" again - just the final module choice hotkey> (target tower again) and whammo 2x modules installed on one cd - may be possible to do more at the same time, but didn't try personally.

Now as title notes, this was on v8.32, but as i didn't see anything regarding this in 8.33 changelog, i'm going to presume it's still there (my apologies if i am mistaken).

<edit> I'm not mistaken hehe this is possible to do in 8.33 also - just now tried it.

Also, sry if this is the wrong place/way to inform of this issue - didn't see any stickies in this sub-forum or anything, and it seemed like the logical choice.

Here's a replay IF needed..... but be advised it was near the 2 hour mark i stumbled upon this heh, and it should be easy enough to reproduce.Smile

http://files-upload.com/files/653927/Tinker Bug.w3g

Will have another replay with it illustrated near the beginning when this game finishes, if it would be of aid.Smile
I think my towers sometimes got the modules a bit quick, but was never particular aware of this. I never checked them. I believed the towers sometimes already got an attack module without putting one into them as barely I can remember. But I'm also rarely plays tinker, so I don't know much about this.

Opening the spell book again right before you put one module and choose another, might produce 2 modules, but I don't know how the script works with the newer tinker modules. Delay in spellbook casting might start the effect of 2 spells before normal cooldown occurs, if I'm not wrong.

I was thinking of mentioning this issue long time ago, but I totally forgot this matter since I considered this as a minor issue. Nice to have several minds and new people in forum which detects such bugs which mappers overlook. It has probably existed since the module spell was changed back in 8.14
I think you nailed it TKF - that description fits exactly imo.

Also edited my initial post for clarity and corrections.

Hehe i'm glad my rotting brain matter still qualifies as a "mind". /grin (just a random, likely overly feeble, attempt at humourBig Grin)
Thanks for the report, I'll look at it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
@Exodus: Tell us you have discovered the reason with the tinker module bug.

This is my post nr 1000!!! xD
i have fixed it... well, but i did not find the reason, i think its a warcraft3-bug, and not btanks-only... try it in other maps, tooWink
my fix is, that after the first cast of the ability the unit's mana is set to 0 for 0.00 seconds, now, if the second ability is also clicked (which only works if wc3 thinks they were clicked at the same time), then it wont have enough mana to work... after the 0.00 seconds the mana is resetted, the player does not see anything of thisSmile btw, there are other things which are invisible for the players, but are complicated nonetheless^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [8.77c] Tinker with explosives ignore breaker AeroniumX 2 4,485 2013-01-18, 10:15:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Try to join BTanks qualify 1 time playing warriok 12 15,932 2012-12-11, 21:14:36
Last Post: eSVau
  [8.76c] Minor Tinker skill bug ssl 2 3,600 2012-07-30, 16:19:43
Last Post: ssl
  Burst armor doesn't work for my tinker GAP 2 3,351 2012-05-21, 08:55:38
Last Post: GAP
  [8.72c] Tower Modules hotkey (Tinker) RaptorXI 2 2,902 2010-12-16, 22:46:14
Last Post: TKF