Poll: Do you think the stay requirement (last 20 games) should be raised to 85%?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
79.17%
19 79.17%
No
20.83%
5 20.83%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
League stay requirement (last 20 games)
I would like to increase the stay-requirement (last 20 games) to 85%.

But i also know not everybody thinks this is a good idea. For example the number of potential players will decrease, people with disconnects will have even more problems ....

What do you think? Is is a good idea?
I like.
The thing is: People with a high rate of dc's are not bad people. They have just bad luck with their connection and in most cases, they cannot do anything against this shit. BUT: If they have so much problems, they should REALLY ask themselfs, if they wanna play league - or (for example) bug pro, where you can disconnect and it won't affect you that hard as in the league.
dont raise it up...
i sometimes habe problems and it just sucks, because im normaly not the leaver type :b
ArGoLi Wrote:dont raise it up...
i sometimes habe problems and it just sucks, because im normaly not the leaver type :b
Just had a look at ALL logs. You did never have 80%-84%. So you wouldn't have had any problems with 85% in the past.
85%+league resett would be nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
additionally kick all players with less than 50% stay.. they proofed that they aren't able to do continous gameplay. dc's can't cause this rates.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
AGGInator Wrote:additionally kick all players with less than 50% stay.. they proofed that they aren't able to do continous gameplay. dc's can't cause this rates.
This would only apply for the qualify games and there you can always easily create a new account and play again. So there is no sense in kicking <= 50%Wink.
for me it would be annoying to create some new accounts.
and i hate those guys with 30% stay where u know: he will leave and ruin thise games like most times before.
just a psychal thing^^

Velocity2k Wrote:For example the number of potential players will decrease, people with disconnects will have even more problems ....

Can you simply make a script to search the database, so you know how many players in total at this moment are with 80%~84% stay. If we know the propotion of the players at this area, we are sure that we won't lose as much as these amount of players at maximum.

I suggestion for people who disconnects a lot: just fix it. No one can blame the people who dc. But the fact is, 9 other players have a ruined game because your dc.
olivercamel Wrote:I suggestion for people who disconnects a lot: just fix it. No one can blame the people who dc. But the fact is, 9 other players have a ruined game because your dc.

tell me how to fix my provider!
or just how to get rid of him! he got a monopol for 10 years because of new infrastructures he made to enable us the use of internet.. -.-

olivercamel Wrote:Can you simply make a script to search the database, so you know how many players in total at this moment are with 80%~84% stay. If we know the propotion of the players at this area, we are sure that we won't lose as much as these amount of players at maximum.
I made something not that accurate today. I had a look at the logs of the bot and at the joining players. It's not 100% accurate because players are counted multiple times when they join a lobby, leave and join again. But it should be very close to a database query:
10690 players joined a league game with 80%-84% stay last 20 games.
78472 players joined a league game with 85%-100% stay last 20 games.

EDIT:
AGGInator Wrote:tell me how to fix my provider!
Via the logs: 1 time you had 80%-84%, 49 times 85%-100%Wink.
i have no problem with the stay limitations.
i only HATE such statements:
-simple solution: fix your connection
or
-simple solution: just don't leave..
makes me angry!

i never left intentionally, never!

Made a little mistake. I did also count players with less than 10 games. Here are the correct values of players with at least 10 games:
9593 players with 80-84% average stay last 20 games
70948 players with 85-100% average stay last 20 games
Well I'm not sure about time, but give it a go.
AGGInator Wrote:
olivercamel Wrote:I suggestion for people who disconnects a lot: just fix it. No one can blame the people who dc. But the fact is, 9 other players have a ruined game because your dc.

tell me how to fix my provider!
or just how to get rid of him! he got a monopol for 10 years because of new infrastructures he made to enable us the use of internet.. -.-

When I say "just fix it", I thought people usually have multiple choices of internet suppliers. So if the supplier is not stable, just go to another one. But I didn't know there is only 1 option in your case .... feel weird.

I know many places can choose to have direct cable (new buildings), ADSL over TV cable or telephone line, or via 3G mobile networks. Maybe just try to check if there are other possibilities for you?
Velocity2k Wrote:Made a little mistake. I did also count players with less than 10 games. Here are the correct values of players with at least 10 games:
9593 players with 80-84% average stay last 20 games
70948 players with 85-100% average stay last 20 games

So now we have in total 9593+70948 players qualified for the league game. If we change to 85%+ we might lose 9593 players maximum, which is about 11.9%.

If you can also count in database how many games were started per hour in average, or how long it takes to wait for a game to start, we can estimate under 85%+, how much more time people will have to wait for the game to start. If it is below 5min in the peak hours, i feel it would be ok.
olivercamel Wrote:So now we have in total 9593+70948 players qualified for the league game. If we change to 85%+ we might lose 9593 players maximum, which is about 11.9%.
We don't have that much players. We only had that much joins in the last 3 months. That means most players are counted multiple times.
I only posted the numbers to get a guess for the ratio (80-84% vs. 85-100%).

And maybe we don't lose this amount of players because they might improve ther stay rate to join the league games again.

I'll ask for some SQL querys because SQL is not my first language :-P.
Velocity2k Wrote:I'll ask for some SQL querys because SQL is not my first language :-P.

It seems i have to hide somewhereConfusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
olivercamel Wrote:direct cable (new buildings), ADSL over TV cable or telephone line, or via 3G mobile networks.

i live in a village... so i've to say to all other options: NO, not possible.. -.-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qualifying games jojoy 9 7,423 2017-04-14, 21:26:54
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 2,983 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  Can't join Ranked Games... DaFR34K 5 4,121 2015-10-21, 23:18:11
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Advanced Database request (games over 3 hours) RAF_Fenix 5 5,889 2015-04-05, 21:16:42
Last Post: RaptorXI
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 5,603 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI