Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 vs 5 --- 4 Player team imbalanced?
Is it just me, or is it that in a 4 vs 5 the 4 Team wins with 99% certainty.

In the last dozen games I observerd so many teams who were even or far behind.As soon as a leaver left their team (or mine) the team with 4 players always won.
It has become such a frequent issue that it cant be explained with leavergold alone.
I guess 4 players kill more creeps than 5 BUT it is strange that even 4p teams win that have been so far behind?
Has anybody else noticed this? Or am I alone?

Suggestion: The 1/5 additional creep the 4p team gets adds up. Maybe the creepbounty for the 4p team should be cut by that (1/5).
In my opinion it's unfair to rip of the poor 5p teams who has done nothing wrong.

PS: I wounder if the league statistics actually proof my observation. Is it possible to get the information in how many cases the 4p team has won?
Du irritierst mich nicht, du widerst mich an!
It depends on the time and how both teams reacts.

leaver before tier2 tanks:
The 4p team may have an advantage for some time (maybe 20min) due instant leaver gold and therefore a better tank or new weapon but you still have use that advantage. The 5p team should play more defensivly and have to avoid feeding the enemy. With teamwork and time the 5p team will regain their own advatange due powerplay in sum more hp and dps than the 4p team. Those 20min will decide the game.
The 4p team have to use their short advantage to increase their power and keep the others small. The need to push and continue killing tanks and creeps - time will make them weaker and the should not lose a side cp or regain lost ones because they can't afford to attend for a single player killing your base all the time.
A pain in the ass will be a single player always running away from danger (read: not killable) but keeping up sieging your base, since the 4p team is shorthanded.

after tier2/tier3 tanks:
Biggest danger will be a change to infernal/sky fortress and players who can't handle them.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Well, the team with less players usually have disadvantage when they does not overpower the enemy over time. The longer the game lasts, the greater the chance the team with less players will lose. With only 1 leaver the team with 4 players isn't at so much disadvantage and they might have a chance of winning the game if they play well and use the creeping income advantage, but they will lose to a better teamwork.

However you greatly notice of being outnumber when it's 3v5, it's more rare that the team with only 3 players will win cuz lack of angles and being 2 less.

Also the force gold greatly rewards the team with most players, as the team with less player get a little more gold, but with some loss. In 4v5 that isn't so much gold loss.

I would say being less players is usually an disadvantage.
Yeah, that 4 players have an disadvantage would be common sense. But as I said: I'm under the impression that it isn't.
So, how about some statistics.

Would be awsome to see some statistics on what Tier1-tanks / weapon combinations are used too. Just a thought. :roll:
Du irritierst mich nicht, du widerst mich an!
The fifth players j0sut have to focus on base with mortar to win...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
If the team feeder leaves early, the team gets advantage to win.
But for most cases, 4 player teams lose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  add -votekick player Slaktaren 14 10,836 2015-02-11, 22:19:09
Last Post: hiver
  Player Creeps/Buildings Gold gozo1985 2 3,213 2013-05-24, 20:07:55
Last Post: gozo1985
  BT is a team game! BloodraiN 0 1,942 2012-07-21, 22:40:42
Last Post: BloodraiN
  Double Mech Still Imbalanced griffin1987 0 1,541 2011-11-19, 22:57:36
Last Post: griffin1987
  Team Stil Kicking Players psycodiver 3 3,529 2011-05-14, 16:42:44
Last Post: psycodiver