Poll: What additional ability should the hyperspace breaker have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Repel enemies 1500 range from the hyperspace breaker (Push them away from the ward)
55.56%
5 55.56%
Relocate the teleporting enemies to the hyperspace breaker (Move them to ward)
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crapness of hyperspacebreaker
The hyperspace breaker does cause some stun and reduce enemy current with with 25%.

But the things it doesn't do is:

-Doesn't stop the units which use Teleport from getting there.
-Doesn't prevent a CP being captured by Teleporting enemies while our team is dead. Only stun and 25% hp reduction doesn't stop that.
-Doesn't stop a terrorist at all, only stuns him. Doesn't stop suicide bombers.
-Also it sucks against teamworked teleported assault.

What I think it should do it:

2 sec stun
25% hp reduction
+ instant relocation of teleported enemy to 1500 range from the closest hyperspace breaker. Angle is from the closest hyperspacebreaker to where the enemy teleported, so 1500 range away from hyperspace breaker.

That is what I would call hyperspace breaker, which prevent enemies from getting to their destination. Especially this would provide tp safezone against enemies which use teleporter. The Exploder gets surprised when he's relocated.

What about it?

Edit_

Poll added:
Why shouldn't the unit be teleported to the point where the breaker is? This way you'll know where they will land after their teleport, I think its more handy this way.

Overall, I'm supporting the idea.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
When I place a hyperspace breaker on a CP, I don't expect that they will be relocated where the hyperspacebreaker is. I think players who use that expect that the hyperspacebreaker repels enemies, not attract them. Anyway perhaps make a poll of these 2 suggestion and we see what the majority thinks what it should do. Although I suggested 1500, it was purely plumb suggestion.

Repel enemies 1500 range from the hyperspace breaker.

OR

Relocate the teleporting enemies to the hyperspace breaker
At the same time, let's keep the value of blink items in mind. A Hyperspace Breaker I'd imagine is very easily accessed at its price by the time a player could seriously consider using a blink item. Against ability Teleports like that of the Tinker's/Exploder's I could see some sense in. But a 400g item consumable or not, should not be nearly as strong enough to make the use of a 3,000g+ item a complete disadvantage.
As the hyper space breaker (300-400 gold - 1 charge) limits effective teleport use for 3 min in designated area limits 3000 gold teleport item.

A sentryward (300 gold - 2 charges) does the same for 3 min against smokescreen which also cost 3000 gold. Also more for the money buying sentry wards which also have 2 charges.
More votes please.
i think its a good idea to push them away.. force them to the breaker could be a problem if it is in the CP-conquering area (then if helps the enemies to conquer the cp)
No Support via PM!!
Well, it would be stupid to place the breaker right next to the CP when you know that he draws the enemies towards him. On another note, teleporting them to the breaker is easier to code ^^ Also, this will most likely cause less bugs (like teleporting the enemy on top of a cliff or somewhere else where he's unable to move). When you exactly know where he'd be teleported to, you can make a bigger usage out of the stun and attack him longer. When he's teleported to a random position he may escape before you can reach him.

1500 is a pretty big range, more than enough to cover a CP-area without placing the breaker into it.
Exodus Wrote:(...teleporting the enemy on top of a cliff or somewhere else where he's unable to move)
That could happen, but at least that unit have the ability to get away from the stuck place with teleport, but the long cooldownSad. Also more stuck places would be revealed.

If the hyperspace breaker forces the enemy to be relocated to the ward, also it becomes more deadly cuz team knows where they come. Also the name Hyperspace Trap suits better if this pull solution is used.

Hyperspace Breaker: Repels teleporting enemies from the ward

Hyperspace Trap: Pull teleporting enemies to the ward
I like the trap idea better, but it should cost enough, because you limit ppl having bought teleporter alot with this like kenny said.
maybe make two items?
one that prevents teleporting to the item (1500 rage, 1000gold?!) - so the enemy get the msg "you cant teleport" if he tries.
and one that teleports the enemy to the item (TKF's Hyperspace Trap - 300Gold)
No Support via PM!!
I think the trap should cost more then the breaker, because you know exactly where he is going to land... and indeed, at least 1000 gold or so...?
Don't forget that they only lasts 3 minutes! 1000 gold is much for an 1 shot item that only lasts 3 minutes. Perhaps 400-500 gold for the breaker, or 500-600 gold for the trap. In addition it keep the 25% hp/2sec stun effect.

Hyperspace breaker sounds so star trak, so Teleport Breaker/Teleport Trap sounds much better.
3 seconds or 3 minutes?
of course minutes...
It will be the Teleport Trap I guess
i would like to change the "lasts 3 minuts" into lasts until its used. so the breaker/trap would disappear after the first enemy tank got trapped/breaked.

keeping a breaker/trap at for example 3 cp's all the time means that you had to buy one trap/breaker per minute. :roll:

maybe make him more expensive, but like the mine logic. stays until triggered
Tight race, and a few votes. Hmmm... Have to wait for 5 more days, then this polls runs out and a conclusion is hopefully made.
in this version they already move to the hyperspace breaker... probably left that out in the changelog...

because:
- easier to script, because when there are multiple hyperspace breakers the attacker has to be repelled out of range of all those breakers
- you know where you can expect the enemy
- you can place mines etc at a hyperspace breaker, build traps
It's no longer a hyperspace breaker, but hyperspace trap.