Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old classic wacraft maps
I mention some maps that are probably greatly forgotten as few or none plays it those on b.net today.

I remembered some of the old warcraft maps from 2-3 years ago. I remember Tank Wars (the first battle tanks like map I played) where you where forced to view at 3rd person. Todays it's a crappy map ^^. I think I tried one of german version of battle tanks (I don't remember which) but I didn't like it cuz everything was on deutsch and I didn't understand it.

About 3 years ago I remember that the jungle troll tribes breakthrough, where you as troll had to survive outside in the wilds, and there was such things as keeping yourself warm, getting food to ont starve yourself, making items made of different materials, using the bones and skins from the animals you hunted, ect. I remember how great that map was. I don't know if any of you have tried it.

Also there is several other maps, you can mention the maps classic maps you remember, like archery tactics for example...
TKF Wrote:About 3 years ago I remember that the jungle troll tribes breakthrough, where you as troll had to survive outside in the wilds, and there was such things as keeping yourself warm, getting food to ont starve yourself, making items made of different materials, using the bones and skins from the animals you hunted, ect. I remember how great that map was. I don't know if any of you have tried it.

Do you mean Shamanism? It really sounds like that!
I don't know what Shamanism is, but I played a map called jungle troll tribes v??. I don't remember the version. Today it's v6.x. Also there was a rival version called Ice troll tribes, but I didn't like it. Today you have island troll tribes, but I haven't tried it.

Also I can recall an ancient roc map called "guardian heroes", I remember it was one of the first warcraft custom maps I played. There was no such thing as gameplay constants you could edit that time, so the mapper replaced the lv 10 hero into a so called "lv 11" hero, which started as level 1Smile. I think not you could even edit the abilities, but even with these restrictions I don't know how the mapper did make a great map even with this extremely limited roc editor. (I remember how limited this editor was).

Also the weakest link is a bit old map and a good classic, I even sometimes see that someone hosts it today.
i think hero wars was one of the best maps, earlier
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
i played "ice troll tribes", "tree tag enting", "preschool showdown" and "bundesrepublik td" back then mostly... ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I remember when there was about only 1 version of battleships before. The original was best. Now there is several confusing versions, and I don't like them. Battleships phsycho is just unrealistic and has destroyed the fun battleships gameplay. Seems like no one is hosting the normal version battle ships anymoreSad
TKF Wrote:Also I can recall an ancient roc map called "guardian heroes", I remember it was one of the first warcraft custom maps I played. There was no such thing as gameplay constants you could edit that time, so the mapper replaced the lv 10 hero into a so called "lv 11" hero, which started as level 1Smile. I think not you could even edit the abilities, but even with these restrictions I don't know how the mapper did make a great map even with this extremely limited roc editor. (I remember how limited this editor was).
I remember that map! Yeah! It was one of UMS-maps in WC I ever played. I was owned by that map:)) Respect.
Btw, it called Guardian heroes legend, it had 6 heroes to choose and each of them was replaced at lvl10 with a new hero. Just how long ago it was...

I also remember 3 CorridorsSmile - Onda Omar Edition(hello, dota:)). That was the first corridor-like map I played and it was really great. After where only D-Day/J-Day maps, but they are not so old to mention I think.

There was also one corridor-like single player map called 'Blood and Steel'. It was a chellenging corridors where you had to strike enemy's castle and enemy also had his own heroes that where much stronger than you.

And... I don't think there are any other maps that I could mention. All other links go to Starcraft itself with it's original UMS maps:). But that is a bit another story to tell...
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
i miss the old cat and mouse maps the consept came from starcraft my old computer has some of them maps but you know when you build a new computer you half to re dl all the maps. i miss cat n miceBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retirement of Callex Space Maps WC3 (so boring so boring) TKF 4 14,974 2013-04-20, 22:23:10
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Starcraft 2 - Custom maps Ger-Dyers-Eve 9 9,050 2010-09-30, 16:48:03
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  Horselance's Maps horselance 15 9,406 2008-10-08, 23:15:45
Last Post: horselance
  Some of my old maps Bob666 6 4,987 2008-03-01, 00:34:58
Last Post: TKF