Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demolisher hotkey
The hotkey for the demolishers ultimate ® does not work !
There are other hotkeys too that won't work. The reason is, that I'm working with an german copy of Warcraft and in that version the key R is already the default hotkey of the skill. When you are using another version of Warcraft, the default of that version will be used as the hotkey for the skill.

Unfortunatly, I can't do anything about it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
If you're playing a English version of warcraft, You have to press B to use demolisher's ultimate and press F to use infernal's ultimate.
Ok thanks!
Ah, thanks, I knew of the unfixable problem between the two versions, but I had no idea that there are different hotkeys for the English version.
Well the infernals ultimate is cloned from starfall, which in english version have F hotkey as default, but cuz the same ability in german uses R as default, the different languages versions of warcraft has it's unique hotkey for default abilities. And if Exo would have changed the warcraft to english, german warcraft users (german copy of warcraft) will then instead have faced this annoying problem instead of those with an english copy of warcraft like me.
isnt it possible to change the hotkeys in english version once and then dont change them again in german wc3-version??
No Support via PM!!
TKF Wrote:Well the infernals ultimate is cloned from starfall, which in english version have F hotkey as default, but cuz the same ability in german uses R as default, the different languages versions of warcraft has it's unique hotkey for default abilities. And if Exo would have changed the warcraft to english, german warcraft users (german copy of warcraft) will then instead have faced this annoying problem instead of those with an english copy of warcraft like me.
Situation looks like very stupid for me.
The problem is that W3 editor understands R as default button and there is no way to change it to absolute value. I see about three solutions on this issue.
1. Use English version of w3editor to save map. So assignment to R would not assume as default in any version.
2. Use a default button for hotkey or not is defined inside a .w3x-file. So, there must be a boolean-like property(probably boolean-length property) probably interpreted as one-bit character that you must change to achieve wanted result. There are some ways to solve this problem, one of them is to search for off-the-shelf solution as an already written program for such purpose.
3. Simply use another base spell that has 'non-critical' default hotkey assignment. Or even add your own. I guess war3 editor is capable for such minor thing, yes?
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
you cant create an ability withou a "base skill", so the third solution is impossible.... the 2nd solution is VERY much work because you first have to understand the sourcecode, which none of us does currently, and the first: where do i get an english version? the easiest solution would be to change the ability "slot", you know, there are 4 abilities, QWER, and if 2 were switched the artillery shot probably had a working hotkey... but thats impossible for the infernal, because its the ultimate ability and that has to be on R.. and theres also no other "base skill" acting like starfall... we could only change the infernal's ultimate completely to do area damage instead of area single-target damage if you understand me... like no single target effects but one big area effect, but well, for me and for the most players it works, and the change would be much work...^^
well, i think at least for those who now know the right hotkey it shouldnt be a big problem, and infernal isnt used that much... perhaps we can change the artillery shot slot, but that will confuse some of the demolisher-users as they are used to be the same hotkey for that ability since the version it was implemented
Demolisher burning oil hotkey: B in english version
Infernal Fire-rain hotkey: F in english version

I don't like "star fall" cuz it often have 1 less wave. Setting 5 waves, will often give only 4. Setting 2 waves will often only give 1.

The unstable thing with infernal ultimate, is that the second wave often never comes, making infernal ultimate weaker than frost-robots ice rain. The infernal meteor rock animation always come from the sky, right? like starfall? So, is it possible to clone fan like ability and sort of make it look the same? (the other "wave" is casted by a dummy with 1 sec casting time) Also the hotkey could be "fixed" and you would always get 2 hitsSmile
yes, starfall isnt the best^^
i thought of meteors randomly coming down and dealing damage in an area, for about 10 seconds, and the spell cant be interrupted...
to clone starfall and make it work correctly you could use fan of knives, yes
changelogs 8.29 Wrote:Recoded Infernal Fire Rain (Infernal Robot)

I guess it's hotkey R does work now, right; using another ability? Or is it the same starfall ability?
completely scripted, based on "channel" now

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demolisher buggy ICE2607 1 3,449 2012-12-27, 02:25:05
Last Post: ICE2607
  [8.74] Demolisher ulti bug archer-war 5 5,052 2012-06-06, 20:41:33
Last Post: Prog
  872c demolisher never use burning oil if target moves anal trooper 3 4,021 2011-03-10, 15:47:25
Last Post: anal trooper
  [8.72c] Tower Modules hotkey (Tinker) RaptorXI 2 2,902 2010-12-16, 22:46:14
Last Post: TKF
  [8.70] Demolisher Artillery Shot ssl 9 7,043 2010-07-06, 10:23:05
Last Post: TKF