Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending Gold
For some reason I am unable to send gold to other players, is there some sort of gamemode that needs to be enabled for it?

Any help apreciated, thanks.
yes , if you want to send money to other players the red player (very often the host) has to type "-share" within the first 2 minutes.
[Image: wwwshadowvk9.png]
Der einzige Anti-Grav user in den weiten des B-net
Additionally, in this mode its possible to pick up items of your team mates (but still not the ones of your enemies).
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
So my teammate can pickup and "steal" my weapon while I upgrade for the force? ...So share does that to! I didn't know...

What if a tinker has a Energy Torpedo inside a tower that get destroyed? Then if the one of my teammates find it and don't wanna give it back? :evil: Grrrr....
Well since my question is gold related...

Now, when weapons and armor upgrade are purchased you don't get extra gold as your allied force kills enemy units. I would like to ask why ? This was a great strategy for many, including me and it was my favourite -when playing Tinker for towers, Exploder, Trader...

Am I confused or the upgrades do not give you more gold, and if that is the case - why did you make it so ?
Well, this system was abused by some players. They only camped in the base, bought upgrades, waited until they had money again, bought even more upgrades with the increased income, etc. ...

A lot of players thought that upgrades are lame and asked me to implement the noupgrade-mode ...
The original thought behind adding the goldbonus was to make the upgrades more attractive, because nearly no one used them back then and since we didn't have any better ideas we added the bonus. But now, with the requirement-system this is no longer needed and thatswhy that bonus was removed.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
But now the upgrades are nearly useless. The only time you will ever consider buying them is when focusing heavily on troops. But even then they may not provide good results. Once a tank gets freaky powerful no number of troops can stop it.

Thus you might want to add another bonus. Like every 6th upgrade releases an extra marine unit from every factory ( perhaps only your factories, not the allied ), every 10th an artillery and/or Zepeelin and every 12th a Firebat.
Well for starters, upgrading now costs less than what it used to: 1500 down from 2000. If you happen to sell the Reinforcements, you're only down by 1k gold...if you're golng to go for Orbitals or whatever else is part of the requirement system, this is a quick way to do it.

I'm glad they got rid of the "free gold" system because it was an investment that was way too much of a payoff. Case in point, I managed to survive an extra HOUR longer than I should have one game (basically my enemies were overall better than my allies) because I was able to gain enough gold for a Laser Tower every few minutes on upgrade-gold alone. It shouldn't be that awesome.
DPS > Range, 'nuff said.
Set-- Wrote:For some reason I am unable to send gold to other players, is there some sort of gamemode that needs to be enabled for it?

Any help apreciated, thanks.

u go to custom and pick it =)
Or the host can type "-share" before 2 min has passed so the players can send gold

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  alternative for leaver gold 2 2,268 2008-03-13, 10:52:26
Last Post: Guest