Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading
Trading

[attachment=0]

I've traded a lot in Battle Tanks. I started to play battle tanks at version 8.04, where the central trade posts gave as much as 2 wood. But that ended in 8.10, where the trader rewards was reworked and rebalanced so it was less imba. I figured out how to trade quite fast, and did find it funny and exciting to trade, as well as giving your team members 50% of the trader rewards done by delivering trade goods at the trade master. When I was trade noob, the only thing I did was buying speed and only saving gold, so after 50 min, I retired as trader and joined as a strong tank, but later I discover that our team won much faster if I upgraded the troops instead. Also functioning as a troop commander with troop command did greatly assist our team. Sometimes I bought mines to suprise the enemy. In the latest versions I sometimes buy factory which spawns 5 troops every 20 seconds...

Now I know which sides give most profit. When you are the dark force, you should trade at right lane which gives most profit and wood. For light force you should trade at left lane which gives most gold and lumber for the goods. That's is because the dark force trade master is farther away form trade posts at right lane cuz he's positioned at bit left at center mid. And vice versa. So the dark force priority when they have a trader is to defend the right lane. Light Force priority when they have a trader is to defend the left lane. Losing these important trade lanes for each force will slow the trade and give the other team greater advantage.

So dark force teammates should prioritize protecting RIGHT LANE when they have a trader on their team and Light Force should prioritize protecting LEFT LANE when they have a trader.

Trading is very important for your team as you provide them some additional gold. They may not notice it, but trading gives your teammates a small advantage due to slightly increased income.

Basic Trade Steps - If you don't know how to trade

1. At start player who wants to trade should type "I trade", so there won't be any misunderstanding. A team don't need 2 traders. You should skill teleport. Use control point teleporter to mid.

2. Begin to run immediate upon your arrival to the trade master. Be careful and not get killed by these 2 first spawn marines. Use teleport to get there a bit faster. At trade master you can become trader for 2500 gold. Buy it!

3. Now you have changes into a trader. Skill Shadow Walk. Notice all the gold mines on the minimap. Those are trade posts where you can get trade goods. At first go to one of the closest "gold mines". When you arrive, press A. Now you have collected a trade good. After you picked the trade good you should immediately return to your trade master.

4. As you may have noticed, you started with 10 wood. Now you have 11 wood after you deliver the first trade good. Every trade good costs 10 wood, but when you deliver the trade good back to the trade master, you get 11 wood. Trade goods further away gives 12 and 13 wood. When you reach 20 wood, you can carry 2 goods at once before you have to return to the trade master. Now you again go and collect more trade goods...

5. Also traders are high priority targets for the enemy, so you should try to avoid enemy tanks at maximum rate. As you deliver more and more goods, you will increase in levels, and your top priority skill should be invisible skill. When you get 1500 gold, you should return to the blacksmith at your base and buy turbo speed. Speed is the most important to trader, as it allows faster trading and increases the chance of outrunning enemy tanks.

6. Now as you have turbo speed, trading goes better and faster... rest you can figure out by yourself...

[Image: map.jpg]

What should a trader buy

Different traders has different ways of spending their money, but most of them do buy speed after 5-6 minutes of gameplay.

All options is made after you have bought speed

__

Here are some possible item priorities options that a trader can choose to buy in a game. Remember that trader cannot buy or carry weapons or hulls of any kind.

1. Upgrade you speed. Then upgrade attack and armor for your force rest of the game.

2. Buy Troop Command. Then upgrade your speed. Upgrade troops rest of the game.

3. Buy Factories and sometimes upgrading your troops. Upgrade your speed when you feel for it.

4. Buy 1 troop Command. Buy 1 Orbital Control. Now the trader has a lethal weapon which may support his allies with. Upgrade speed. Upgrade his troops for the rest of the game. This is my favorite strategy.

You get most of the items from the blacksmith. Special items such at the orbital control can be bought from the goblin trader which stands near the blacksmit at your main base. He does also sell mines. Other items is being sold by the "arthas" trader guy.

My record with this is 29:3 against unskilled players. Orbital Control gave me plenty of kills.

__

Also there is plenty of combinations a trader can do in a game... Fell free to submit your trading habits here. Big Grin

__

Edit_
replaced trade zeppelin picture and added minor info

Attached Files Image(s)

our clan got a perfect trader tactic, but there are no cwsSad
BILLY TALENT SUCKS LIVE; SO DON`T THINK I LIKE THEM ANYMORETongue
Man sollte die Metaller meiden, es sei denn man ist jung, hübsch, weiblich und willig... ...Oder man hat (Frei)Bier
Great Trader tutorial.

so let me just add one.

if the right side is safe u should trade the four points:
Goldmine->Marked->Fountain->Lumbermill

whith turbospeed u get a nearly optimized tradecircle.
If u leave the goldmine out of the circle you have to wait at the Tradepoints.
Nice tradecircle ^^ I never used that trade circle in later versions. (only in 8.04 I used metal and gold mine in addition)

The reason I only use Market->Fountain->Lumbermill (as dark force trader) is that I often then have turbospeed, troop command and orbital control in inventory as only got space for 3 different goods...

But including gold mine into the trade circle is not a bad idea.

Edit_

Trading is quite simple.

When you change to trader, you change into trade zeppelin. Also you notice you have 10 wood. Each trade good cost 10 wood. Then you go to these "gold mines" on the minimap, which is trade posts. Then you use your trade skill to pick up the trade good, you lumber amount reduces -10 wood. Now you returns back to the trade master and use your trade skill to deliver the good. Now you increase the lumber amount to 11 (or 12-13 if you went far away)... when you do this many times back and fourth, your wood amount will reach 20 wood, which means you can pick up 2 trade goods before you must return back to the trader with your cargo.

If you die, don't worry, you get back your previous lumber amount.
when u monopoly market+lumber+fountain u have no waiting time and this will get u maxium gain
u can get up to 10k worth in late game

i like speedpack...the teleports saved me many times and is helpful while trading too

for the tactics...factorys are a must when u do the upgrades...additional 15 troops + 5 from troop command and a mortar team --> sure winTongue
but i like the savemoney+infernal+shortlaser quadruple kill tactics tooBig Grin

btw: when some player focus on hunting u down or they are guarding the trade master with towers+invis detect and stuff....what im sayin, when u cant trade anymore...get an exploder and some additional explosives and try to help ur team in important fights
When a trade monopoly was added I've noticed that a trader became a bit imba;-)

It is nothing without team help, but if all is done correctly...

1. In the beginning all team pushes right side.
Usually it is easy because I don't think other team will get all their forces on defend all the time.

2. Then taking monopoly over some shops makes no sense in 'trade triangles' anymore.
Fountain and Lumber mill is the only choice for trader since it takes exactly 30 seconds between trades.
You can even make a sequenced move(using Shift button) to visit both shops exactly need number of times automatically without your interference. And send trader to trade master also could be included in sequence. Tip: point a little behind the shop when making a sentence. If you point to a shop itself you'll have 0.5-1 second time to wait the shop and so your sentence will break.

3. With all things going good you'll have enough money for the Satellite on 15-18th minute. Here you can buy teleporter(to combine into speed pack, Satellite on 25th min) or an armor upgrade and make one trade trip until force upgrades armor(Satellite on 20th min).
However trader is quite bad without Satellite ;-)

4. Once you have needed equipment and set up your trader on a sequence, all you need is to keep an eye on whole map and watch what's going on to have a possibility suddenly kill someone:) or to defend/capture CP.
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Sattelite? What is that?
5 Ion CannonsSmile
I don't remember the name, I think it is 'Satellite Control'.
Oh, I've remembered!
It is Orbital Control!Smile

On Russian we usually call it a word which exact translation to English is 'Satellite'.
Ok, there i was, thinking that after playing so much btanks i still hadnt found all weaponsBig Grin
with speedpack u can monopoly black market too with teleport....i have to test out if ur strat is more efficient but i guess trading 3 with ~2sec delay per trade is better then trading 3 with no delay. its the thing that range from black market to fountain is like 1/3 of fountain-lumbermill
Is there something u aren't measure chilledkroete?

Satelite would be sputnik I think ^^....

Since I'm nearly allways playing light force (even if they are called =P in the games I'm in ^^) - I donT won't to break your circles of enlightment about trding at right lane. But I think that a speepack is quite an invesment... at all if the enemy has more then one HT. Regarding the decision of whether 2 or 3 goods, I like to go for 3 (CHEEEEEEESE ^^, the Researchresults and... ALe I think ... long time not traded anymore ... should do this more often). With a +150 speed you are still fast enough on this lane to have all with delay if I remember correctly so theres no need to go for 2 goods only.
The factory and troopcommand is kind of an investment... but still oyu have to decide whether you are more likely for the sputnik (^^) or the troopcommand - because with both and SP you will have 3 slots filled - and going for 3 goods is a little bit complicated like this.

:edit:
coorected some grammatical faults... . u can keep the rest if u still find some ^^
This is a signature .... believe it! -or not (that's your problem)

"Ich denke also Spinn ich!" (Spiderman, nach William Shakespear)

Rechtschreibefehler sind gewollt und enthalten iene geheime Formel um Wasser in Bier zu verwandeln. AdÜ
ancientsurvivor Wrote:Satelite would be sputnik I think ^^....
:) yes, absolutely right:)
ancientsurvivor Wrote:Since I'm nearly allways playing light force (even if they are called =P in the games I'm in ^^) - I donT won't to break your circles of enlightment about trding at right lane. But I think that a speepack is quite an invesment... at all if the enemy has more then one HT. Regarding the decision of whether 2 or 3 goods, I like to go for 3 (CHEEEEEEESE ^^, the Researchresults and... ALe I think ... long time not traded anymore ... should do this more often). With a +150 speed you are still fast enough on this lane to have all with delay if I remember correctly so theres no need to go for 2 goods only.
Third trade good is much cheaper than other two. It is noticeably profitable to trade with two most expensive goods than adding third cheaper one. 1-2 seconds delay do not make any weather hereSmile
ancientsurvivor Wrote:The factory and troopcommand is kind of an investment... but still oyu have to decide whether you are more likely for the sputnik (^^) or the troopcommand - because with both and SP you will have 3 slots filled - and going for 3 goods is a little bit complicated like this.
3 slots for 3 goods - I don't see any problem actually;-) But buying troop command is rather critical measure than profitable investment.If you're able to avoid death in early game - do not buy it - save for Orbital Control! Because you'll have to sell Troop Command when you place some factories.

The shortest strat: Trader -> UpgradeSpeed -> ArmorUpgrade -> Orbital Control -> SpeedPack / 3 factories -> ArmorUpgrades until 25 -> Titan.
Actually, I never reached Titan in this scheme))
Yay... itse me ancient (not Mario, Mario suxx - Luigi ftw xD) I would go like this.

Trader->Speed->grade Speed-> get either a first Rax or Tele and do Speedpack->second and third rax->Troop Command Center and Troop command... Change for either guard with hull or Ghost tank with hull and siegepack, troopcommand
allways uppgrade armor inbetween ... is more effective then weapons imo

Explanation:
Well i never reached the Troop Command Center (either was bored of Trader or my team ran in the enemy towers together with the oversupply of units)... You can pass the teleporter to get more gold if your team is good enough to keep you some annyoing helis/goblinaircrafts/skytanks of your way... The rax are really self explanatory, the Guard or GT are imo the better alternative since they dont need so much money, u get an additional aura, and u can get even MORE units... think about this 3Rax+SiegePack+TroopCommand+Ghosts/urm... trees (forgot name..)
Think of it if u have to fight this... how the hell u want to beat up the rooted guard next to his factory if he has a medium ranged weapon ? theres no freaking way ... except of a rush with all team members .... and something like this is rare.

hope my english isnt so bad =/
This is a signature .... believe it! -or not (that's your problem)

"Ich denke also Spinn ich!" (Spiderman, nach William Shakespear)

Rechtschreibefehler sind gewollt und enthalten iene geheime Formel um Wasser in Bier zu verwandeln. AdÜ
that was a great help for me THX!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanced Trading (WARNING! INCOMING WALL OF TEXT!) Taedrin 13 11,686 2010-12-09, 05:43:29
Last Post: MyStique
  Battle Tanks TRADING CARD GAME Dr.McNinja 8 7,588 2009-04-19, 15:06:05
Last Post: Dr.McNinja