Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healing Strategies and Tactics
Healing Strategies and Tactics: :!:

1: Camping

Well we all do know this simple strategy. Camp and stay as close to the factory as possible. Also less likely to die. The enemies have to overpower you in numbers and strength. Camping does have more benefit if you also possess long range weapons.

2: Tinker heals rapidly at the yellow flags

Tinker barely have above 200 hp without hull and is easily killed without hull. Also the strategic locations known the yellow flags gives 10 hp regen bonus. This will give the tinker full hp in a matter of few seconds. By dropping your hull while standing on these flags will give imba hp regen and pick up the hull when healed. Very useful and you don't need to go back to the factory to heal. You're also vulnerable while doing so and can easily get killed, it's very important that the enemy tanks is at safe distance.

3: Drop hull to heal faster

Cheaper tanks heals much faster than heavier and expensive tanks. Also it is very usual for lighter vehicles to have a hull. A helicopter is quite lethal with this advantage. So is the light tank, tinkers and demolishers too. More expensive tanks need more time to heal fully. Light and Heli's can drop the hull to turbo heal at the factories. Many players does this cuz it's save time, but that is not smart when a enemy player want to take the factory post at the same time you need healing and is badly damaged, cuz that will reduce your max hp. You may get easily get killed if you make the dumb decision to drop the hull. Try instead to keep maximum distance instead while healing to survive.

4: Repair skills fixes light vehicles fast

Tinker can also repair other vehicles. If the light tank, tinker or helis have much hp due to hull. Dropping it will boost healing. Thus this is risky when the enemy tanks are nearby. Also tech mech serve a deadly purpose cuz it has 100hp repair and can fix a tanks pretty fast, and even faster when droppping your hull while fixing. It's cheap and only cost 500. Could be lethal at start.

5: -Handicap 10 useful for tinkers

By typing -handicap 10 when you're a tinker while fixing a tower or have putted a repair module into it. This will finish the tower almost 10 times faster than normal, cuz the handicap command affects the players units, including your own fabs, towers and troops. So a tower with 4000 hp and a repair module, will finish faster when it's only have 400 hp at 10% handicap and the lv1 repair module gives 15 hp regen pr sec and finish this tower much faster, in about 15-20 seconds. Also this is quite cheat, but be careful of not doing this while enemy tanks are nearby. A tower is easily ripped if it's only has 10% of it's original hp. So be very careful with this command and it's only works when you got 100% life. Don't forget to type -handicap 100!!! when the enemy is close or the tower is finished :!:

6: Repair Robots (abuse?)

The Repair robots (2250) gives a 60 hp regen and is very good for survival. Especially is this useful for light vehicles combine this with a Hull. A heli with Repair Robots and gold hull (which I often use to do) can flee a small distance away from the enemy and drop the gold hull to heal rapidly to 100%. This is very useful when far away from a Factory you control. Also vunlerable too. A heavy tank and similar stronger tanks (Demon tank) can kill you with 1 shot, if you're not aware of this. Be careful with the timing and be at safe distance from enemy tanks. Upgrading Repair Robots to Nano-Repair Robots will give twice as fast hp regen.

7: Guard - A light mobile factory and healer

The Guard is difficult to use effectively, cuz it's a team tank

This tank is quite bad, and it will only be valuable when it's team up with other teammates. Roots skill does give a small healing aura and can be quite useful for nearby teammates. Also it possess the ability to heal others manually with a small amount of hp. (at level 5, 30% is quite a lot). It also does have a passive ability which gives additional 20 hp regen pr level. Guard should also have long range weapons, since it cannot move while it's rooted to have a better chance of survival.

8: Buy factories - Shortcut to healing

Buying factories and placing them on the field could be useful since they provide 2 marines every spawn. The only disadvantage is that the factories can easily be destroyed. This is very imba when almost won. Placing those in enemy base is almost cheating.

Buy fabs and leaving: (lame?)
I experienced this lame strategy 28 April, and decided to put it here since the players are limited to 3 fabs. When the player leaves, fabs ownership to that player switches to the force. That what happened when a boonhead left and put 3 fabs in front of our base; front of middle lane. It helped us with 6 marines every moment and postboned our defeat and a shortcut to healing (well really not, they were very close to our main base).
hehe i think its bug using , but you invented some really nice taktiks , good workWink
[Image: wwwshadowvk9.png]
Der einzige Anti-Grav user in den weiten des B-net
i dont understand this -handicap 10 healing trick .. how do he work ? i write this and got only 10% health.. repair and after this ?? -handicap 100 ?? or what ? plz can u introduce me ?
~=| LuVs |=~
If you put a repair module into a tower with 4000 hp and you type -handicap 10, the repair module gives 15 hp regen pr sec regardless of the towers hp. So a tower with 400 hp (after you typed -handicap 10), will finish much faster while you're fixing it or has putted a module in it. When the tower it finished, type -handicap 100 quickly, otherwise the tower could easily be destroyed.
ahhh ok .. u better write this in ur post cause when someone do it like u wrote and doesnt type handicap 100 his tower will get down easily..
~=| LuVs |=~
And the Repair-Ability of the Tinker works like this, too.

You type "-handicap 10" and repair your tower with "Repair" and when it has full hp you type "-handicap 100".

I tried this Tactic in a Game and I think its very funny. But you must take care that there is no Owner nearbyWink

Nice Tactics.
[Image: Totti_8sig1cb(mod2).gif]
hadicap 1 also work ?
~=| LuVs |=~
Actullay I think the limit is 10%
sorry I forgot the "0" after the "1"...
[Image: Totti_8sig1cb(mod2).gif]
factory leaving is old.... i ever use it when i need to goWink
NICHT mehr aktiv hier im Forum, seit Anfang 2008
Might be, but I only experience it once! Also, he left us with less than 100 gold and we lost that match cuz that was not the smartest spot to place those fabs in front of our main base. They were destroyed quickly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replays of different strategies Wupti 24 24,567 2014-01-22, 02:49:17
Last Post: Pusher
  Strategies for Website psycho_dmr 9 13,481 2012-02-05, 18:55:16
Last Post: aimc
  Tank start strategies. wolfheart 31 28,104 2011-06-18, 15:06:01
Last Post: AGGInator
  Architect tactics Shadowgear7 9 7,381 2011-03-29, 12:46:39
Last Post: Althend
  tactics 1 vs 2 MAD_CAT 0 2,240 2011-02-23, 18:46:21
Last Post: MAD_CAT