Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.73] beacon teleporting
....i have no replay atm.....

but the last days more and more problems with the teleporting, one build it the whole team trys to teleport but only one gets in and both die... and much flaming why the others dont come. i read in the feedback section that u add a 4sec delay in the next version but it seems that it is in this version and nobody knows...
The 4sec delay has already been added in the last version (8.73b). The current version is 8.73c.
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=49
ah k thx it explain some missing goldBig Grin never look at the price since the beta
I think there is a real bug, not just 4 second delay. Multiple times my tank doesn't teleport to our team beacon on enemy CP, and I get message something like "Can only teleport to friendly Control Point" or something like that. But my screen is on the CP we are attacking, and the beacon is not yet destroyed. I think maybe my tank too far from my CP, but I look and it's right. Since then it happens when my tank is in my base too.

I don't save replays because I'm lazy. For now I just say this out loud so that maybe others will pay attention. Maybe it is not my mistake. I will pay closer attention and write down game time next time this happens and save the replay. It seems to happen with specific players' beacons... So in some game I cannot teleport to Green's beacons, but I can teleport to Orange's beacons.

Or maybe I drink too much. Anyone else see this issue?
I have a replay where teleporting to a becon doesnt work multiple times.
The best example is about 23:15. Three tanks begin to teleport at the same time, but only one really teleported...

The replay is already uploaded in the ban request section, so i dont need to upload it againWink

http://btanks.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=1036

or

http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...8#pid28978
@toyboatt: It's unlikely, that the problem has to do with specfic players. But a replay would be really helpful for finding the problem.

@stachus: That's the way it's supposed to work. The cooldown, introduced in 8.73b, prevents multiple players from teleporting to the same Beacon at the same time. Only the first one gets there, the second player has to wait for the 4 seconds until he is able to teleport.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2011-04-16, 12:35:54)Exodus Wrote: @toyboatt: It's unlikely, that the problem has to do with specfic players. But a replay would be really helpful for finding the problem.

@stachus: That's the way it's supposed to work. The cooldown, introduced in 8.73b, prevents multiple players from teleporting to the same Beacon at the same time. Only the first one gets there, the second player has to wait for the 4 seconds until he is able to teleport.

This new "feature" is not well known and has caused alot of flaming. The change is so significant it almost needs to be on the loading screen so people know about it.
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
As I've already posted in another thread, it seems the beacon cooldown is accounting for enemy player fac-porting as well, that is, only if they port close enough to the beacon.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-06-03, 01:03:28)griffin1987 Wrote: only if they port close enough to the beacon.

Which is another issue with the teleport beacon. When building one at a CP, there are two port ranges which are slightly overlapping. If you port to the range where ONLY the beacon is in range, you have to pay 75g, which is not intended. When porting to the area where both ranges overlap, is works as intended, but also when porting to the area where only the CP range is, you also have to pay 75g.
Suggestion: Move the porting-range from the tele beacon to exactly match the CP range.

This brings some new questions regarding beacon cooldown: when to people port to an allied CP with tele beacon, the first one should have a free port and the second one should have to pay 75g without having to reorder the teleport.

Some other CP-teleport related things which come in my mind:
When casting CP-TP, your tank should be frozen in place! some times you click port but then, within 2,5sec you give some move-order and you accidentally move out of teleport range. this is VERY annoying.
When casting CP-TP to a CP which is captured right now, and you are too late, the CP-TP cooldown should not get triggered!
(2011-06-03, 11:53:31)ssl Wrote: Which is another issue with the teleport beacon. When building one at a CP, there are two port ranges which are slightly overlapping. If you port to the range where ONLY the beacon is in range, you have to pay 75g, which is not intended.

If i remember right the tooltip says:
if you build a beacon near an allied cp you may be able to teleport for free (not the same but close to it)
this includes the possibility to be out of its range where it's possible to port 4 free.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
I think beacon is still bugged. I have tried to tp to allied beacon a few times this week, and my teleport was cancelled with message that it's not a control point or whatever. I know at some point you fixed enemy teleports cancelling allied beacon teleports.. but have you looked at when allies self-cancel their own teleports? What if 3 of us all try to go to beacon, and the first person presses "S" to stop there teleport.. could that cancel all our teleports?

Thx
roargasm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [All versions] CP TP and Teleport Beacon ssl 9 10,968 2012-10-28, 22:46:07
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Shreder teleporting from base :) bot365 0 1,937 2011-09-02, 02:34:40
Last Post: bot365
  Beacon Still Bugged toyboatt 2 3,317 2011-06-03, 01:02:04
Last Post: Exodus
  still problems with beacon/barri at cps Helge_F. 5 5,243 2011-04-01, 19:05:48
Last Post: TKF