Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.72] Terrible Lag (memory leak?)
Just played a game where everyone started lagging horribly bad about 45 minutes into the game.

I verified that you get the same thing when trying to watch the replay. It starts around 0:47:00 and is basically unplayable by 0:52:00.

This is definitely some sort of problem with the map, because WC3 as a whole was lagging (mouse movement, map scrolling, typing, clicking, F10 menu, etc).
Thanks for the report.
I already tried to fix everything in the beta, but it seems that for some reason this problem still occurs. I also can confirm the lag in the replay. I'm working on it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
does the same problem eventually cause permanent lags which look like 5 fps ingame?
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Yesterday I also had a league game with terrible lag.

The early game was as normal. But from mid game, the lag began and kept increasing. At the end, my screen was like jumping pictures. Cannot do anything. When I tried to -giveup, after pressed ENTER, the command line window pop up like half min later.

I didn't check my replay, but i can do it today, and upload it if needed.

p.s. all other players in the league also had more or less lag as well. And 1 of the player mentioned he had this case since 8.72 for many time, when the game goes till late stage.
I also had a game yesterday in which one player had bad lag, he said he cannot play anymore. I guess he had an old computer. Mine is quite decent and even my game started feel strange later on. Like 10-20 fps.
FIX UR SERVERSSSSSSSSSSS omg. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ich hatte gerade ein spiel,da hat jemand(http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=3599) über 5minuten alle 10sek für 4sek gelaggt.dann ist er raus,und das spiel war nicht mehr spielbar.solche leute gehören nicht nur gebannt,sondern ersc......
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
Seems to be a bit laggy, quite noticeable on my laptop as playing with 10-15 fps is really a pain. I'm not sure if it was the bot which was cause of this.
I don't think a laggy bot can reduce your fps. Your fps drop when your pc isn't able to render enough frames in time. So i guess it's the map.
This fucking lag!
I played with the account Kentai_ some minutes ago and had to leave after 1:28 h, because i had 5 sec. lag.
I couldnt move!!! We hat five Controlpoints and i had infernal, but as i had to leave, we had only one cp.
It is terrible. We lost because of lag! And i get bad statistic, because i had to leave!!!
Unplayable version.
This was the third time with big lag.
My average fps is around 15 on the older versions of btanks. The new version lowers it to .5. I am sure it goes lower, but I usually quit at this point to prevent torturing my teammates.
This issue will be address and fixed as soon the mapper find out what is causing this to happen.
8.72b seems stable, we played over 1:40h and the fps were normal, good job pplBig Grin

godspeed,
M

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crashing - Memory Error xenocide85 1 1,283 2008-07-11, 17:00:03
Last Post: xenocide85
  [8.44] Annother AI Guard Leak Dinah 4 2,333 2008-05-07, 19:04:49
Last Post: Dinah