Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTT2010 - The End
Sorry that we didn't announce the final game result right after the game, because we were waiting for the decision from Old Sluts that whether or not they want a rmk with Dream Team. But it turned out there will be no rmk, so the waiting was not needed.

So now, BTT2010 is officially finished.
Summary:

The BTT2010 is the 1st official btanks tournament. It wasn't started easy. But with many helps from the btanks community, it went successful till the end. It lasted 7 months since the idea started on March 2010 (http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...115#p35575), and all games ended in October.

15 teams from all over the world (US, Korea, Australia, and EU ofc) registered in BTT and 23 high level games were made. Those replays will become a great memory and wealth, not only for the involved teams, but for all btanks players as well.

The game match table is finalized at this link: http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...847#p38847

And the replays are listed in this thread: http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...550#p38948

The final rank is as below. Congratulations to those teams!!
1st: Sake-AA
2nd: Old Sluts
3rd: Dream Team
4th: Korea #1

Acknowledgement

First of all, I want to thank Indeterminismus(prog). He was the first one who firmly supported the BTT idea, and helped to convince other people to make it happen. Without Inde's support, I doubt the BTT2010 could really become true. Inde also helped for a lot of referee's work, to make the games going well.

I want to thank Orthodox, who was the first one voluntarily offered all kinds of helps to BTT2010. And indeed he gave lots of helps to BTT2010, started from contacting team for confirmation, providing team speak server, maintaining the game match table, and being referee for many games.

When I had trouble with looking for a referee for a game, Gummyman was always there. He was the only one always standing by 24/7 during the weekend to make sure the BTT games had enough referees. He saved many games that was supposed to be delayed. More than that, he was really just willing to do referee's work when needed, but gave up the hot games between strong teams to other referees who want to watch it live. Besides, chatting with Gummy in game makes the watching more interesting. I respect Gummy's help and wish him all the best both in games and in real life.

On top of all, I want to thank all Btanks mappers: Exodus, Paladon, Velocity2k, and previously Bob666, as well as all dev team members. Because of your great contribution, we have an interesting map to play, have a good reason the consume the boring hours and can hanging with friends, and we form a community to get to know more new friends. Wish the btanks keeps going well, and more successful in SC2, maybe even become the best custom map of Blizzard one day.

At the end, I want to thank all the teams/players that joined BTT2010 (and especially thanks to those who thanked me in the other postSmile). You are also a great part of the BTT and practically helped to make the BTT happen. You always come on time for the games, even the game time was not optimum for you. You spent your own time for the game, but share the outstanding matches with all btanks players. Thank you all.

Prize

About the winner prize of the BTT, I will start another thread, please check here:
http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=...66&start=0

Last Words and the Future

Overall, I would say all BTT-Staff did the best as we can with limited resources: people, time, bot etc. The BTT2010, although still has room to improve, was a successful one.

We learned some lessons about handling disconnections, about max game arrangement in a weekend. Those we will keep in mind and try to improve the BTT rules in the next one.

We had suspicion that whether or not it is a good idea to involve money as prize with the BTT. And it seems that we had some bad moments that teams were too much result-oriented. But, I believe, a good tournament requires good organization and a little stimuli, without the prize I doubt the BTT2010 could be as successful as it is now.

Finally, the BTT2010 comes to an end. But I hope there will be a BTT2011 !!! even both war3 and sc2 versions :lol:. If we can still collect as much teams/referees as we are having now, the BTT will become true again.
Hum so that is the reason there was no announce ^__^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
SILENCE!!!

iiiiiiiii KILL Yoooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Congrats to Sake to do the 1st place at BTT!
And also congrats to Old Sluts for doing 2nd place!
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
thx for the congrats
What is the final decision now? Would be nice if we get some new infos.

greetz
alex
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
LIoOoOoIL Wrote:thx for the congrats
What is the final decision now? Would be nice if we get some new infos.

greetz
alex

BTT summary updated.