Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any interest for a 1on1 KotH?
I know I like to play bt 1on1s once in a while and probably some others like to as well, but find it a bit boring to stomp random public players. So i wondered if there is any interest in a just for fun battletanks 1on1 King of the Hill.

The idea basically is, that the winner of a 1on1 stays and plays the next competitor until he loses. Example:

Code:
1. Game: A wins B
2. Game: A wins C
3. Game: A wins D
4. Game: A loses E
5. Game: E wins F
6. Game: E plays G

The players would have probably ~1 week time to play their game (whenever they both have time to) in a best of 3 (first hosting by the challenger, then current king, then challenger again - both should/could use hostbots if avaible. The advantage for the challenger makes it harder for the current king to stay on top.). It should be way easier to find time to play for just the 2 players, no need for any referees etc, just uploading the replays after the game would be enough.

So anyone interested in doing something like that?
Ok for me. I will sit on ahill and set mines...Big Grin
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
the HUGE ones? xD lol althend...

nice idea..
but the only thing i see is that i will be raped all the time^^ so.. gl.. hf :mrgreen:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
1 on 1 doesn't make much sense to me. It will go like this: Player A does the first kill and gets more money than B. Then, the propability in A doing the next kill rises. After 3-5 kills the game is decided.

Nevertheless, I'm inWink
lol it isnt as easy as you say it is sslWink
i did first kills vs. Indeterminismus/Prog and i lost so hard at the end^^
So just ~4 ? :/

Should we do it regardless the low amount of players and hope for others to join later on?
y, i just want to win one time vs youWink if we make the tourn endless i think some others will join later one
are there any rules ingame??
maybe only one lane or set the lanes free after 15mins and so on..??

Nope, no rules.

I think it will be way more interesting to see different styles of playing 1on1 developed without such restrictions.
Yes, I also think it will be much more fun to see how players play. Mainly, I guess you will always try to be at the same lane as your opponent. A nice-to-have would be the setting for fog of warBig Grin That would make it even more interestingWink
ssl Wrote:Mainly, I guess you will always try to be at the same lane as your opponent.

Reminds me of an interesting strategy I saw warrior_cobra using. Every time he died he changed lane and tried to force the other player to use a cptp as well to get on the same lane as him.
sounds interesting 1vs1 is to hard for me with lag and bots are lagging more for me lately i cant control tech mechs either with lag screen freeze etc seems interesting.someone should contact scron2 from azeroth has he is exceptional and alot of pro knowledge i fear he will always stay king :/
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
contact him?
he's often here in the forum and already read this thread for sureSmile

im in then, too.
when u guys wanna start it?

edit: and what ruls will be set?

-peace-
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
Has already started^^

http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3672

http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=3676

Just post in the registration thread, all needed rules are there as well (I hope).
like the idea, here is your own forum. =)
No Support via PM!!
hey,

how would it be if we make a 2on2 Kings of the Hill Mirrortournament? :? :o
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
2on2 is a bit more difficult to organise, but in general: why not?

Nevertheless I think we should wait a bit to see how this goes on (especially if players keep being interested, play games in a reasonable time, etc), before expanding it to other modes of playing.
sure, will be funny 4 sure anyway^^
I also like the 2v2 koth idea. After all, btanks is a matter of team play (personal skill also important, but teamwork is the definitive factor to a win).

2v2 is harder to organize than 1v1, but still way easier compare to 5v5Smile And it presents a lot more variaties in the game.

If there will be 2v2 koth (or any other format of tournament), i would like to join that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2on2 KotH] Match ups LIoOoOoIL 36 32,348 2011-08-04, 12:52:08
Last Post: Althend
  [2on2 KotH] Registration LIoOoOoIL 11 11,075 2011-08-04, 12:20:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  Everything around the 2on2 KotH LIoOoOoIL 11 12,230 2011-06-06, 07:56:31
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  [1on1 KotH] Match Ups Prog 154 119,857 2011-03-23, 05:51:55
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  [1on1 KotH] Registration Prog 31 23,139 2011-01-26, 18:59:04
Last Post: Weissheit