Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About BT for SC2 development
Hello everybody,

there is something strange about developing BT for SC2: every person who started developing or took part disappeared.

I, for myself, was thinking about helping, but i dislike SC2 - in my point of view it was my biggest mispurchase in the last years. Custom Game System of SC2 sucks hard, its editor is rather complicated and awfully localized and it's hard for quick testing due battle.net 2 restrictions. There also has been much changes from blizzard concerning map developing which requires to throw away much work and redo it. I could bitch around more 'bout battle.net2, sc2, etc....

I know there are people out there who like SC2, the setting itself suits for battle tanks. Graphic is beautiful (compared too wc3), with real widescreen support and the editor would offer new options and possibilities. A good Battle Tanks map and i would reinstall SC2 to play it Smile

But to get to the point, we do not longer have anyone developing a BT version for SC2. We are sorry that we kept you waiting for so long. There is a german proverb "Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt" (lit. hope is the last to die; hope springs eternal), so we waited and hoped the situation of slow to no progress will change and there will be an sc2 version of BT. But that's not the caseSad

We do have some stuff, see screenshot posts:
If you're interested you may apply for development (even tho' i think the next guy will also disappearWink).

best regards

BT Staff
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I really appreciate this step. A great opportunity for all those who offered help in the past to step in and save the project.

(Don't take this as an application. I don't have the knowledge for making such a map. ^^ Just wanted to say my hope just got resurrected. :>)
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
Hmm, I expected this.

I even told my clan I didn't expect delivery for a long time if ever on a totally new BT Map on SC2. It didn't matter, many players just jumped the gun.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
Really sad that our jokes come true about a release of Btanks in SC2.
Thanks for your informations.

The spains also know the truth:
Quote:Wer von der Hoffnung lebt, stirbt an Enttäuschung.

Propably some day well get Btanks in SC2-

Glück auf!
(2011-09-16, 21:02:23)eSVau Wrote: But to get to the point, we do not longer have anyone developing a BT version for SC2.

If the BT SC2 version is not currently under active development, maybe we should change the name of the board from "Pre-Release Information & Discussion" to "Development & Discussion". As there is no release in the near future, there is no sense to say pre-release.

Also it might be good to remove the banner "We're currently working on a StarCraft II version of Battle Tanks, visit our Forum for more Information" from the BT homepage.

These are minor things and just my opinion. Probably not many people would care about it if those words are still there.

(2011-10-07, 13:59:42)olivercamel Wrote:
(2011-09-16, 21:02:23)eSVau Wrote: But to get to the point, we do not longer have anyone developing a BT version for SC2.

If the BT SC2 version is not currently under active development, maybe we should change the name of the board from "Pre-Release Information & Discussion" to "Development & Discussion". As there is no release in the near future, there is no sense to say pre-release.

Also it might be good to remove the banner "We're currently working on a StarCraft II version of Battle Tanks, visit our Forum for more Information" from the BT homepage.
True that - thx for the adviceBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
:(SadSad
I suggest you to create an account paypal and tell people they can support btanks this way and send all the money to me. I will pretend to make bt2 and then disapearsBig Grin

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I have had my eyes open for signs of development which led me here. I think many people that used to play battletanks over the years may have forgot and possibly a "bad" or "prototype" version to be released would be a step in the right direction. It doesn't have to be perfect but, cascade some ideas of other who try it online. I have noticed this with other SC2 maps and much of SC and WC3 custom maps. You see an original map then a bit later you see a better version and so on. More or less I'm trying to say this game just needs a spark in the SC2 community, and im sure people will expand their own versions or at least become more interested.
Like me and many btank fans gone out and purchase a copy of sc2 as soon the developers said they goin to make btank for sc2. Its really sad tho, i havent touch my sc2 after the 1st month i got the game, collecting dust. But i havent given up on btank team. I will continue to check the forum time to time. I really believe btank will resurrect and we all will get a awesome surprise.

I BELIEVE IN YOU!!
I guess warcraft 4 will be released earlier before some beta btanks for sc2 will appear ^^
But most important thing to me is that there are no more multiacc in sc2Big Grin FUCK YEAH
Multiacc will get u better Teammates maybe, but u still unskilled as before. !!
True Story
Hm, I guess I'm a really bad person for necroing this over a year old thread....

Anyway, with the release of HotS there seem to be more people actively playing SC2 again. Plus, not too many maps for HotS have been released and there should be some more useful content by way of models, effects, etc.

Now to my point: I think if BT for SC2 is ever going to be picked up and developed again, it is to a key time like an add-on release. I have no clue about the editor whatsoever, but it's not like you couldn't learn stuff (and then there's help forums as well, like sc2mapster etc.)

If we get a crew of maybe 3-4 people, things might start rolling again. I am by no means going to be a main/lead developer, I simply lack the in-depth knowledge of the editor, but I would gladly help out with some more basic (and repetetive) unit, item and trigger creation.

There is a spin-off map on the arcade, Desert Tankballte Beta which is being updated frequently, but IMHO differs too greatly from the original BT.

So, if anyone still cares and thinks he/she has time to devote to this map, I would gladly join a dev team. I will not even consider starting to work on this on my own, I know I'd never even get close to a releaseable pre-alpha state alone, but with three or more people involved (each specializing in one aspect maybe, so we don't get into each others' way) BT might finally make it into SC2.
I am writing this because I found the arcade has some really intresting maps around, like complete remakes of Dungeon Keeper and stuff, but (in my eyes) no map that really hooked me or had a lot of replay value (compared to wc3 BT). I was about to work out a map idea and thought, why not give a BT clone a shot, and why not take a look at the official forums first. If no one cares or wants to join after all that time, I'll just play around with some other stuff in the editor.
Smile 
Hi !!!

Is this project still in development?

(us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/12701118/blizzard-arcade-rock-the-cabinet-contest-1-30-2014)

Smile