Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapons difference (shot per second)
i want to know whats the difference between some weapons... why does some suck ? why does some rock?

here an example:
tornado summoner (2.222) - rox
machine gun (2.500) - sucks

is it the range(700 vs 888) or the shots per second? also it seems like the machine gun is not creeping well. you damage some creeps close to death while other players or creeps get them with weapons with a slower shot but more damage.

is it right that every weapon with many shots per second suck?
also in mid games i prefer poison magic instead of flamer not becouse its cheaper... or less range... i buy it becouse of the shots per second.

poison:
If you port to an enemy the first shot takes lets say 15% damage.
flamer
If you port to an enemy the first shot takes around 2% damage.
so you start with a small advatage in a even fight (same HP skills no creep and so on)

i know there are some other cases but imho weapons with many shots per second suck.
(2011-10-28, 17:53:04)gozo1985 Wrote: i want to know whats the difference between some weapons... why does some suck ? why does some rock?

here an example:
tornado summoner (2.222) - rox
machine gun (2.500) - sucks

is it the range(700 vs 888) or the shots per second? also it seems like the machine gun is not creeping well. you damage some creeps close to death while other players or creeps get them with weapons with a slower shot but more damage.

is it right that every weapon with many shots per second suck?
also in mid games i prefer poison magic instead of flamer not becouse its cheaper... or less range... i buy it becouse of the shots per second.

poison:
If you port to an enemy the first shot takes lets say 15% damage.
flamer
If you port to an enemy the first shot takes around 2% damage.
so you start with a small advatage in a even fight (same HP skills no creep and so on)

i know there are some other cases but imho weapons with many shots per second suck.

You say that tornado (slow cd) is good compared to fast weapon, but this isnt always the case.

At the start of a game for example creeps are important, your tornado will just hit creep and now you must wait a long time before it refires, but my fire ball may have hit a creep then hit you in same time.

Also getting the final shot with fast weapon, like fan of blades getting last shot and killing you, your weapon not having enough time to reload and therefore does not hit me and opponent says lucker blah blah.

For creeping on average high cd weapon will probably get more creeps because when it fires you are almost guranteed to kill a creep, however if a fast cd weapons' range is utilized correctly, aiming for low hp creeps you can keep up with the creeps or get more.

Also a point with tornado is that its animation is instant (pretty stupid I think) no time to react realy. With creeps; the weapon aims at a creep, sometimes a weapon projectile takes a while before it hits, resulting in the creep already being dead before it reaches it.

You talk about posion doing more damage straight away you port, this is not right, the weapon may be still on cooldown (I think cooldown only reduces while still in range of said weapon?) therefore after you have tp'ed you would still have to wait until the weapon actually fires.

A good thing I can think of about long cd weps is that they are good for anti-camping (less time for enemy to restore hp since high damage hits all at once rather then multiple shots) and also I see torpedo ks'ing alot due to high damage. Plus again the enemy may have no time to react to the sudden hit of high damage and e.g. not be able to teleport away in time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapons not used (often) gozo1985 37 28,829 2013-07-04, 13:28:05
Last Post: 091846
  wow btank(need more weapons ) 091846 5 4,812 2010-09-21, 01:46:33
Last Post: Althend
  Do you like the new triple shot? TKF 21 8,517 2009-10-24, 18:04:21
Last Post: griffin1987
  how many idiots will complain about new weapons? qweqqweq 2 2,466 2009-04-10, 14:59:01
Last Post: Exodus
  Teleporter + Low Range Weapons horselance 16 8,662 2008-07-25, 20:39:45
Last Post: italyrools