Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remake / Balance invis mechanic
-> Longer cooldown for smoke
-> shorter duration for smoke
-> larger range for radar, and not dependant on movement (why should it be?)
-> make wards cost more

Another possibility would be
-> reduce movement speed in invis
---> this way it would still be good for conquering / defending, but not so much on the open field
-> longer cooldown

There's 4 fundamental problems with smoke at the moment I think:
1. cooldown is way to low (should be the same as porter at least)
2. duration is way to long (short range equipped smoke user can easily do up to triple kill with one smoke charge)
3. radar still just sucks. It's range isn't even as much as longrange weapons, and it's reduced when you move.
4. for one guy having smoke you need 5 players to buy radar

P.S.: Please also answer when you think this suggestion is good.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
i'm agreeing with you it's usually used by low skilled players and it gives somehow a small advantage to them.
Also i would say it should cost about 50% more. This isn't normal to take few kills in a row just because this person used invisibility.
What is the problem with uncloaking the opponent with an aoe spell? Granted, the cooldown of smoke might be lower, but usually you don't have to engage when your spells are in cooldown.

Do you have any replays in which we can see the alleged overpowerdness?
I like the idea of speed reduction while cloaked.

And a radar feels kinda useless right nowUndecided
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2011-10-30, 13:41:38)Prog Wrote: Do you have any replays in which we can see the alleged overpowerdness?

I think a player concensus is more powerful than any single replay but I will save smoke machine/radar demonstrations in the future.

As for me I just feel an alternate pack with just speedpack and radar should be made (yes I know about trader-hunter pack but lack of permanent turbo speed makes it basically an air only mid game option). The 6100 we pay right now to save a slot to get speedpack+radar (radar (1000)+ repair robots (4000) + blueprint (1100)) which is ridiculous. 2100 gold is a more than justified counter to a 3000 gold item especially if multible members of the team have to get it and the countered item does not become completely useless.

As for radar itself I do agree that the 1000 permanent range is to good and too easy a counter to smoke machine with(at least the way it is now). The speed penalty to smoke machine is a very good suggestion the way I see it. The cooldown I feel is ridiculously short, it should be doubled at least being able to cloak on and off that frequently allows you to walk around behind enemy lines unopposed.

I don't think we should give too much weight on "player consensus" alone if it is based on a very very small samplesize of players posting here. I am not yet fully convinced of the alleged balance problems with invisibility.
(2011-11-01, 15:20:54)Prog Wrote: I don't think we should give too much weight on "player consensus" alone if it is based on a very very small samplesize of players posting here. I am not yet fully convinced of the alleged balance problems with invisibility.

Might not be the best example, but attached you have the replay of my last game. And if you argue, that I wouldv've done ALL of those kills with spending those 3k on something else, then please tell me what I couldve bought for 3k with the same effect. Btw. also watch the enemy team wasting detectors - as far as I watched it they bought 3 packs of em and they were rather useless, as I knew about them and was able to test if they were still in place by going invis near them.

btw:
http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2900

and there are many more - so the invis mechanics have been problematic for quite some time, and there are many people out there who think so.

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 2.02 MB / Downloads: 152)
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2011-10-30, 01:08:42)griffin1987 Wrote: -> Longer cooldown for smoke
-> shorter duration for smoke
-> larger range for radar, and not dependant on movement (why should it be?)
-> make wards cost more

It really sucks you cant do anything vs smoke+longrange, Radar is useless because of the range and you cant buy 200 detectors for the whole map. Its not possible to make an aoe effect with more then 1300 range.

Maybe change the speed if you use smoke to 50%.

radar is worthless shit, i agree. Buing detectors also when game is dynamic. Good smoker will always find place for himself (killing towers, middle of lanes etc) I think radar should be permanent 1050 range.
yeah also an important fact is that the smoking guy is on the button and searching for his spot to attack... so if one or 2 buying radar there are still 3 other guys he can hunt.. or in a big battle killing the radar guys and then use it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Alter Game Mechanic DarkRavenBest 0 2,101 2016-05-17, 13:35:56
Last Post: DarkRavenBest
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,139 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Further balance suggestions RaptorXI 9 7,257 2013-08-14, 01:59:20
Last Post: Exodus
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 8,814 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 31,508 2012-04-26, 21:13:45
Last Post: RaptorXI