Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with BOT traffic
Hi Velocity2k,

It seems the bot is getting overloaded at certain times of the day when too many games are running at the same time.

Can you check out the incidence of remote closing of connections compared to number of games running simultaneously?

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
I had a look at the logs and found this:
Code:
[Fri Nov 11 08:24:26 2011] [GAME: BTanks League QUALIFY #69514] deleting player [GEN_Schwarzkopf]: has lost the connection (connection closed by remote host)

I did also search for xanatas last games. In none of the other last games a player got this error. So how can you know it's him drophacking you?

Didn't watch the replay yes as i'm not at home at the moment. Is it clearly visible in the replay that he is using a drophack tool on you?

If i've got a real proof a ban would be the logical consequence.
I think this poll is a bit misleading, of course drop hackers should be IP banned, but it's all about finding proof. Since you can't save dropped replay's, enless the victim is an admin there really isn't anything that can be done.
*poll deleted*
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
It may be there is an ongoing problem with the bot, as my connection has been closed alot lately. You can delete this thread and I'll start a new one with the packet analysis of traffic with the bot.

The bot has been dropping alot of packets and I think it may be overloaded. (People dropping when new games start.)

- Rob

The only times I have ever been dropped ( very few times ) was only my own net. I think you need to check your own connection.
The bot should never drop packets. The problem could be somewhere on the route. The routers in the internet can drop packets on overload for example.

And the bot also shows "connection closed by remote host". So it shouldn't be on the bots end.

You may ping the bot during games and check if/how many pings are dropped.
Hi Velocity2k,

I have been using wireshark to investigate the packet drop. I can see massive numbers of re-transmissions of packets constantly to the BOT, the BOT is not acknowleging (ACK) sent packets.

This only happens when the BOT is hosting many games.

- Rob

(2011-11-14, 04:01:48)GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote: I can see massive numbers of re-transmissions of packets constantly to the BOT, the BOT is not acknowleging (ACK) sent packets.

There is more than only black and white.

If the bot never receives your packet it will also never acknowledge them. And even the acknowledgement can be dropped on the way back to your pc.

And a retransmission can also happen if the RTT for a single packet is too big. If you are still using windows xp you may tweak your settings Wink. Newer versions got the new ip stack where such tweaks aren't necessary.

As it can be seen in the log in your other thread, 15 out of 31 drops happened to you... For me this looks like a problem on your side.