Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest League Ranked Games
These are the longest ranked games I've ever played in league. I just figured I would post them if anybody wanted to see. If you have anything longer or of equal length I would love to see that if you have the replay.

The 2:58 one is very interesting actually, I didn't have a lot of fun playing it but it is certainly fun to watch. It features a dysfunctional team of 3 tinkers at the start. I then proceed to get gang killed over 30 times by the most ruthless ganking team I've ever played against. Then all of the enemy factories die to bombs. Then after 2 hours and 40 minutes the enemy team makes a comeback (predicted) and win for a total of 3 hours.

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=26372

Attached Files
.w3g   2h 58m btanks.w3g (Size: 5.59 MB / Downloads: 340)
.w3g   2h 46m Btanks game.w3g (Size: 4.38 MB / Downloads: 326)
I just had another 2h 38m game directly after that 2h 58m one, it seems like supercells dominate in titan wars.

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=26389

Attached Files
.w3g   2h 38m btanks.w3g (Size: 4.89 MB / Downloads: 302)
This is the longest game I've had since the ver got changed to 8.79, it actually reveals several problems with the current late game which I would like to address as well. (along with having more money than I could spend lol)

Simply put I don't think there is any build that is superior to Titan - 4x supercell - speed pack - negator. The game kinda turns into a contest of using your skills effectively, but weapons other than super cell are less viable because the dps becomes much less important than range, all that matters is that people die before they have a chance to react or die (almost) instantly after titan ulti is over, and in that regard 4 supercells can accomplish the same thing as 4 swarms, while at the same time costing less and having more range.

As I recall titan was reworked so the late game would be "more diversified," but at the end of the day people are still switching from infernal/sky fortress -->> titan, at around 1:30 mark, because dps becomes so high that titan ulti is the only real way to survive. I think the main problem is that lategame offense is scaled badly compared to defense. A tank can viably hold up to 4 42,000 weapons for a total 168,000 gold in weapons, but only (speed pack (6,000) + negator (~9000) + titan (20000)) about 35,000 in defense. So the only real viable defense against such overwhelming dps is stuff that provides invincibility like titan ulti and negator pack.

Attached Files
.w3g   2h 37m game.w3g (Size: 5.76 MB / Downloads: 319)
You probably mean ultimate pack I presume? Otherwise I'd be the first to be happy to show you that smoke + 3 cells would win against your combinationWink

Also, there's still a lot of other things you can do with money, but I would also welcome more diversity towards the end, though my suggestion is different:

Add a 20k armor level 18 needed air tank. Because currently end game is ground only. And give it the ability to make a tank "hover", so it could use flak for example and push a tank into the air for the same amount of time as a net can ground a tank. Another good ability would be charge damage - the moment you click it, you could do like -50% damage to enemy tanks, but the full damage would go towards a counter, which would be released automatically towards the nearest tank going out of invul (with a sensible time out, so it wouldn't be possible to hold damage forever). Some anti-obelisk would also be funny - a small building like the obelisk which would push everything out of it's circle. Anyway, adding an air tank on par with titan should imho spice up end game
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2013-10-06, 22:24:36)griffin1987 Wrote: You probably mean ultimate pack I presume? Otherwise I'd be the first to be happy to show you that smoke + 3 cells would win against your combinationWink

Also, there's still a lot of other things you can do with money, but I would also welcome more diversity towards the end, though my suggestion is different:

I forgot about smoke machine as you said, but you're right in the fact that ulti pack still trumps it so whatever.

(2013-10-06, 22:24:36)griffin1987 Wrote: Add a 20k armor level 18 needed air tank. Because currently end game is ground only. And give it the ability to make a tank "hover", so it could use flak for example and push a tank into the air for the same amount of time as a net can ground a tank. Another good ability would be charge damage - the moment you click it, you could do like -50% damage to enemy tanks, but the full damage would go towards a counter, which would be released automatically towards the nearest tank going out of invul (with a sensible time out, so it wouldn't be possible to hold damage forever). Some anti-obelisk would also be funny - a small building like the obelisk which would push everything out of it's circle. Anyway, adding an air tank on par with titan should imho spice up end game

If it doesn't have an ability that provides partial or total invulnerability then it will be a completely irrelevant tank. The point of making titan cheaper was to make inf/sky fort/goliath viable in the endgame, but they still aren't, so it's a moot point, even the addition of a tank like this will change nothing. The point I was trying to make was the money spent on weapons at the late-late game (after everyone has sold their axes for supercells/frost lasers/swarms), doesn't scale well with the amount of money spent on other things, so if tanks don't have anything that can block damage then they die before they have a chance of being "unstunned" or reacting after titan ulti is over. Swarm doesn't have an edge over supercell in this regard because supercell is still enough to accomplish this task with an additional 400 range. The only time swarm is good is if you are REALLY fed in an inf or sf and the game hasn't entered the late-late phase yet. Even the example of smoke machine is a partial invulnerability so it still doesn't apply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [All versions] Replays/summarys of good league games RaptorXI 88 76,978 2015-01-26, 23:56:39
Last Post: Max
  non-boring ~ 2h games stibi- 1 3,826 2014-07-26, 20:36:40
Last Post: Prog
  BTA private games UnifiedDoom 8 8,638 2012-11-05, 00:15:33
Last Post: UnifiedDoom
  ranked game elo points 8k+ LIoOoOoIL 3 5,615 2012-04-09, 04:19:17
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  Some games seem impossible to win. Tynkywinky 0 1,982 2011-02-08, 15:52:47
Last Post: Tynkywinky