Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar and Advanced Troops
We need to change the range of the radar.... 600 range is still to short Undecided
If someone got invis + mid or long range, its hard to handle him,because he only have to hold range, that sucks.... you cant do anything against him, maybe place 1 million detectors on whole map Huh
i think 1000 range should be ok

btw: i got an idea: maybe we could do something like an Radar Aura,..... imagine you pay 1000-1500 gold and you get a Radar Aura, so you dont waste a slot, i think this should be possible Smile

And we have to change something about Advanced Troops! Huh
Just Troops are ok but Advanced Troops is too overpowered!
Cooldown of Advanced Troops is too short, you have no chance to kill all creeps with your ulti everytime, because your ulti cooldown is too long.
+ I think Advanced Troops are even better than a gold hull >> Advanced Troops are like a fighting hull Exclamation
If the enemy got 2 Ghosts + Advanced Troops its very hard to fight vs them!
Sometimes there are games with too much Advanced Troops and that sucks because it feels like you just fight against creeps.....
We should change the cooldown of Advanced Troops to 45-60 sec or we should allow just 2 Advanced Troops for each Force!

Thats for sure: We have to change something about the Radar and the Advanced Troops Undecided

tez

For radar, maybe the fact that using smoke will now slow the tank by 20% of his speed would change in some way the problem of radar, isn't it? Smoke is hard to fight, that's why now it will slow the tank, but if you change also the radar range, smoke will be unplayable because too weak. Or maybe make radar range about 700, but 1000 should be too much, i guess.
For troops, why not?Tongue
Next version smoke gets -20% speed and there is a scan avaible in the troop command center. Should be enough. Increasing the radar range would just remove smoke from the game again, which is a bad idea in my opinion.

Advanced troops are fine, just use aoe spells well and they are no problem.
Range of radar is way to short, it's currently almost useless. I would make it something 'bout 900 range and shorten the time till it ranges extends.

I haven't seen tcc radar sweep function (beta) in action, so i dunno if just a nice gimmick or notBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
radar is waste of slot. it works bad and it's range is 2short. making it 900 range would make playing with radar more demanding.
I mean radar guy with 950-1050 range would have to keep 901-1050 range to make dmg and not get seen in same time. now radar is just "on -> tp -> (multi)kill" no skill needed. ofc there are guys who play with radar rly well, but that doesn't change the fact that this item is to easy to use concidering it's killing potential.

And i personally think that ghost is OP.
I've noticed that there are some guys who specialized with playing ghost.
With any other tank they suck hard, feed and making 1500+ elo is impossible to them. When they get ghost they can reach even 1600 elo, and that's beacouse great most of average players can't counter ghost.
I have just played Ghosttank with advanced troop commands and I disagree what you are talking about the Ghost/troops.
Earlier the Ghosttank ulti had only 2sec cooldown...now something like 6sec. So actually Ghosttank is not that OP anymore with his troops.
And fight against Advanced Troops is so easy as Prog/Indeter said already (aoe on the troops or thunder)
So imo the advanced troops are fucking weak and totally not op! The advanced troops are fine if they would get 30seconds cooldown. Or they should get some sustain!
How about reducing weppon range when using smoke.
Lets say to 50%: 1300 -> 650; 1000 -> 500 ...
against massiv troops u still can buy orbtial, to have a second AOE possibility.
max. increase the cooldown of advanced troops a bit, for 5-10 secs.

Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
(2012-02-05, 15:29:11)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: against massiv troops u still can buy orbtial, to have a second AOE possibility.

It's fucking bad if the cooldown will be on 40seconds because ur AOE spells are then ready aswell: The troops are freegold.

As I said, the troops should get 30seconds cooldown!!!

But OK... u can increase the cooldown from the troops but you will see...it will be such a fail and the troops will be useless like hell.
To handle 1 Advanced Troops is easy,but its hard to fight vs 2 or even more Advanced Troops, especially all attack same cp.
I think the cooldown is fine, if just 2 Advanced Troops for each team are allowed

But thats for sure, we still have to change something Smile

For long time ago, you didn't need to stand still using radar. I suggest setting it permantly to 800 or 900 range. Remove the stand still bs,....

Also enemy using troop command to destroy the base with mortar is a tactic which sometimes is bothersome. Takes some of the fun away.
You just need to understand that permanent range of 800+ implies that smoke is 100% useless again.
(2012-02-22, 22:14:48)Prog Wrote: You just need to understand that permanent range of 800+ implies that smoke is 100% useless again.

I dare to disagree. Most efficient use of smoke is still beyond enemies - capturing cps for example or destroying the enemy base with troops. You can use smoke, tp somewhere, and then you still have nearly 7 seconds to fly around. With all that you can cross half the map.

I think smoke is a nice tactical element to the game, but just like trader it's nearly impossible to balance it well unfortunatelySad
(2012-02-05, 16:23:30)FirePhoenix Wrote:
(2012-02-05, 15:29:11)LIoOoOoIL Wrote: against massiv troops u still can buy orbtial, to have a second AOE possibility.

It's fucking bad if the cooldown will be on 40seconds because ur AOE spells are then ready aswell: The troops are freegold.

As I said, the troops should get 30seconds cooldown!!!

But OK... u can increase the cooldown from the troops but you will see...it will be such a fail and the troops will be useless like hell.

Even then, there's still a) ghost tank, which can increase creep hp, so they survive ulti b) possibility of you having enough ups so they survive anyways c) your enemy needs to use his ulti, which means, it's cooling down afterwards as well (while you still have your ulti) d) the time between spawning creeps, and them dying, where they do damage and take damage (reducing the damage you take)

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
It's just that its a big problem to stand still for 2 sec in battletanks. The smoke user knows this and runs out of range. When he's invisible again all projectiles misses before first one hits. Sometimes it feels than the invisible isn't broken when taken damage, or is it just me. Also the low cooldown of 25 seconds makes it a valuable choice. like griffin says you can also run across half the map before the enemy knows where to pursue you. Ulti pack sucks as much as radar.

Casting faerie fire would help... well just one problem you don't have that abilityConfused

I have a suggestion. Maybe a detector kit would help. Assembling some useless items from start.

iron hull (upgraded) + steel hull (upgraded) + radar = Track scanner. Same abilties as radar. Also gives it the ability to cast a faerie fire like ability on the smoke user which also reveals invisble units near the affected unit (500 range), can also show enemy mines. If enemy sells smoke or ability is useless you still get bonus hp.

hmm no, let me guess. It makes the smoke useless... Anyways I think a cooldown of 25 sec is a bit to low imo.
i think one of the problems of radar is its waste of a slot... and not for only 1 player then for at least 2-3 becouse nt only one will need to play with it without getting farmed.

is there a way to use the radar as an ability (like batteries)? like said earlier to create some receipes. becouse the only way to combine radar is gold(up) + repairkit(up) + radar makes damn much money early. most players getting ulti pack if they got skyfort or higher with already speed+porter and a nice wep equip. and a smoker using its smoke earlier in the game... so the waste of a slot does really hurt much more then its "only" 1k cost.

maybe an idea could be to add the radar to you hull. as most players have a hull iron,steel or gold it would be nice to combine them. like "add radar to your hull" dont has to be an own receipe with some other bullshit.
Next version there is the scan in the troop command center which needs no inventory slot at all (but more multitasking).
i totally agree if we need to "turn on the scan" if we think or know theres a smoke guy around but therefor it needs no slot. i like
At the moment the scan ability is almost aswell useless since it's relied on the range of the troop command centre.
Edit: Except for defending the base maybe.
It should have unlimited range. With the tcc range it is useless, i agree.
Troop command center isn't used in everygame.

I have an idea:
What if the defuser kit can in addition to sweep mines add fearie fire like condition for 8-10 sec on nearby enemy tanks in the area where you use the item, regardless if it was smoked or not.

It could be interesting adding that to the defuser/defuse kit. Then you could "defuse" the smoke users, from sneaking up on you and kill you slowly (or very fast), as smoke does.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,311 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Troops, Siege and Troopcommand Wupti 27 20,427 2012-11-01, 22:35:32
Last Post: Perfektionist
  Block Troops LivingFR 8 4,562 2010-03-24, 10:51:30
Last Post: Andibert
  Advanced CV Andibert 1 1,368 2010-03-24, 10:37:01
Last Post: Andibert
  Bob's SupCom Advanced Projectile System TKF 8 5,016 2009-08-17, 16:03:06
Last Post: qweqqweq