Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BT Tool (revived)
Velocity2k revived an old project of mine

BT Tool (0.9.4)

This tool retrieves current open BT games and let you copy those via hotkeys (or gui) into WC3. It also let you remap inventory keys (e.g. press [T] instead of [NumPad 7]).

We did also some new features like a game alarm (same heuristic like the one on our homepage) triggered as soon as a gamename is copied.

Additionally you have one hotkey to perform some commans (like "-zoom 4000" and "-rc"). With the "perform" option you can add multiple ingame commands to perform by only pressing one hotkey. The commands to be performed can be customized by you.

This simple executable was created with Autohotkey. It required Windows 2000/Xp or above (only tested with Windows 7).
To catch hotkey inputs it will install a global hook, but hotkeys will only work if WC3 is the active application.

There might be some anti virus software which will alert you about any Autohotkey or AutoIt application or compress programms which are often false positive. You might check out the virustotal report or check by yourself at https://www.virustotal.com
Don't use it, if you don't trust it

Download it from
http://btanks.net/wordpress/download/btt....4_opt.exe

previous versions:
Spoiler

.exe   BTTool_0.9.3_opt.exe (Size: 648 KB / Downloads: 1,178)
[attachment=1547]

.exe   BTTool_0.9.2_opt.exe (Size: 641.5 KB / Downloads: 579)

Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Here you can find an online virus analysis of our tool (0 of 43 anti virus tools detected something suspicious):
For BTTool_0.9.2.exe: https://www.virustotal.com/file/3ce3e263...328974221/

and BTTool_0.9.2_opt.exe: https://www.virustotal.com/file/f95e2d82...328974224/
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some infos about the tool:
When started the tool will extract some sound-files to the directory the .exe is in. So maybe create a new folder somewhere where you will put the tool in. Additionally it will create a BTTool.ini configuration file on the first startup. If you delete this file, the default settings will be restored on the next start of the tool.
When the tool is running you can always find it in the systray!

The hotkeys defined in the tool will only work, when WC3 is the active window!

And here you can find screenshots of the BT tool:

In the first tab you will see a list of games currently open on our servers. You can refresh the list with the button on the bottom of the tab. When refreshed the button will be disabled for 10 seconds until you can press it again (in order to prevent spamming of the update Wink). A doubleclick on an entry in the list will copy the gamename to your clipboard.

In the second tab you can define some hotkeys. With the "Copy RANKED/QUALIFY gamename" hotkeys, the current RANKED/QUALIFY gamename will be copied to your clipboard. When you have activated the option "paste gamename from clipboard" the gamename will additionally be pasted. For example if you go to the gamelist in wc3 and press the default hotkey "F5" with the paste option enabled, the gamename of the currently open RANKED game will be automatically inserted into the field, where you can type gamenames.
Additionally you can set the "alarm" options if you want to get an "alarm"-sound when the game has started.

On the inventory hotkey tab you can define hotkeys for the numpad keys. WC3 has hotkeys for the inventory items by default (which are num7,num8,num4,num5,num1,num2). With this option you can map other keys to these num-hotkeys (for example keys which are closer to the qwer hotkeys).
You can always enable/disable the hotkeys with the defined hotkey (default is "F8"). If you have the "suspend" option enabled, the hotkeys will be disabled when you press enter and be reenabled when pressing enter again (so your ingamechat will work fine Wink). "Esc" will also toggle the suspended status - so when you start a message with {enter} and cancel it with the "Esc" key, the inventory hotkeys will be reenabled.

In the miscellaneous tab you will find various other options. First of all you can choose on which actions a sound will be played. On the right side you can define a hotkey to suspend ALL hotkeys (you can still "unsuspend" with this hotkey Wink).
In the lower part you can define the "perform" actions. With the defined hotkey you can send ingame-bt-commands like -zoom 4000 and -rc. For example the default option "-zoom 4000;-rc" will send "{enter}-zoom 4000{enter}{enter}-rc{enter}".

It should also be possible to map mouse-buttons on the inventory hotkeys. Currently it looks like you have to define the buttons in the BTTool.ini configuration file by hand. We will add some more infos when we know more about it Smile.

If you have any questions/feature requests/bugs/feedback - let us know Wink.

nice.will test it on the weekendSmile
Wer aufhört, besser zu werden, hat aufgehört, gut zu sein.
I Heart my Denglisch
Updated and fixed a small bug with chat
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Awesome! But why are there two different versions?
Bug report: When deleting a inventory-hotkey with the delete key, startup will fail with an error message, but application is still active in system tray.
What is the option "paste gamename from clipboard" for?
The smaller one is just compressed. Nothing else changed.
(2012-02-07, 23:39:59)ssl Wrote: Awesome! But why are there two different versions?

Because we can do itBig Grin

There is some similarity how keylogger sometimes works, which might cause (in our case) false positive warning of anti virus software's stupid heuristics.
An even more stupid anti virus software cries about compressed and optimized executables, therefore we offer both version - so if one versions troubles security software you may try the other one or noone if you do not trust it at allWink

Very nice, THX !
is there a way to disable this sheep sound when i press enter?
(2012-02-11, 16:59:11)progg Wrote: is there a way to disable this sheep sound when i press enter?

As there was only one download of the new 0.9.2 i've updated the files in the first post.

Just redownload the tool and go to the misc settings tab and disable "on toggle hotkeys" and the sound will be disabled.
thank you.
are you able to autodisable hotkeys in chatboxes?
Pressing f8 each time is problematic. there are situations u need to act fast. I just died 2 times after i wrote sometihing and didn't have enought time to press f8 so i can tp out with hotkey.
pressing enter normally disable numpad hotkeys, pressing enter a second time will enable them again
Check if you have enabled the "Suspend inventory hotkeys on ingame chat" option.
Changelog with new version would be nice.
Only small bugfixes for example the hotkey sound and the default hotkey for perform changed to F4 because F9 is already taken. If we change more important things we will release a changelog Wink.
hm. i have anebled "suspedn..." and it's still this way.
also i disabled the "on toggle hotkeys" in "play sound" section but it still plays me the sheep sound while i use enter or any of "f" keys.
That's very strange, for me this works fine. Did you redownload the current 0.9.2 when i suggested to do so? And did you also try to save the settings after changing them?
ops. 0.9.1.
Remove game start sound if active window is Warcraft, please.