Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More hostbots, different modes.
I would like to see some more hostbots here on Btanks.net.

Right now its only two with league-modes, one qualify och one ranked.

What about a "Conquest Victory"-hostbot? I love that mode, but i can never play it. If i host a btank self, no body joins at all. (I have open portWink)

And maybe a hostbot with the noob-modes, like royal flush or/and 5k start.
(2012-02-28, 19:42:47)hrafn Wrote: I would like to see some more hostbots here on Btanks.net.

Right now its only two with league-modes, one qualify och one ranked.

What about a "Conquest Victory"-hostbot? I love that mode, but i can never play it. If i host a btank self, no body joins at all. (I have open portWink)

And maybe a hostbot with the noob-modes, like royal flush or/and 5k start.

Then you'll just get more bots and less games. I'm in on the idea of hosting more modes, but the problem right now is, that WC3, and the BTanks map especially, aren't played as much as they used to be anymore, and thus it wouldn't do any good to have more bots where people need to wait even longer to get a game started. About hosting yourself: Problem with that is the refresh. Your game won't show up in the list anymore after the first time, if you don't close all remaining slots and reopen one over and over again. This way your WC3 sends announce messages again to bnet, which a hosting bot does automatically every N seconds (don't actually know how often it is right now, as this has been adjusted a couple of times already).

Best Regards
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I think we could see more variety from the community if the BTT bot had it's mode "unlocked" from league ranked for casual use.

Also I would actually like to suggest a new mode that I don't think is in the game already. "same random tank," this is like tinker only, but can be applied to all tanks. Basically at the beginning of the game all players in the game are given the same random tank with 3k gold (or more depending on mode) and are locked to that tank for the rest of the game. I think games, especially pro ones where people try a variety of different builds on the same tank are very entertaining. Bships has a mode like this and I would like to see it for btanks as well.
axe thrower or flak ftw.... sorry noWink if there are no more servers (whch means active players) extra modes are just a waste of BTmappers time imho
There is a free mode bot hosting all the time (average 0.0x games per day).
The Problem would be solved, if the Beta would be counting as league qualify....Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blizzard forbids Hostbots(?) Prog 15 9,417 2009-03-21, 18:00:51
Last Post: qweqqweq
  +++ hostBOTS LIST +++ Dr.McNinja 3 3,239 2009-02-12, 03:25:12
Last Post: Morkardar