Poll: Should we disregard K-D and make extra game for Seig-GeiL, OldSchool, Oldscotch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, using K-D as a factor is bad. We should fix it now to make rematch. Otherwise it is unfair for Oldschotch.
47.22%
17 47.22%
No, maybe K-D is bad, but the tournament has started. We should stick to the existing rules and accept the fact Oldscotch is ranked 3rd.
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch?
(2012-03-05, 16:33:19)gozo1985 Wrote:
(2012-03-05, 16:12:32)eSVau Wrote: How about considering playing time instead of k/d. I haven't thought much about it, but the idea is that a good team will win faster than a bad even (or a bad loser will lose faster than a good loser which can hold it longer)

just another 2 centsWink

i also thought about that... problem is close to same with k/d... if you have a default win you have gametime 0Wink

theres no perfect solution.

Have to agree with that. I also thought about using gametime, but there's too many factors in there as well. Also, it would lead to pretty aggressive use of advanced troop command pack, which is already being discussed at the moment.

I'm in on having rematches, and there's another solution which I'd like to propose: Having rematches not between the teams that already played, but between the teams in the different groups. Sieg-Geil vs Bug for example. This should circumvent getting to the same situation again (pairing would be up to you to decide ofc and this is only an example), as well as provide for games which didn't happen already.

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? - by griffin1987 - 2012-03-05, 16:39:20

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,292 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg