Poll: Should we disregard K-D and make extra game for Seig-GeiL, OldSchool, Oldscotch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, using K-D as a factor is bad. We should fix it now to make rematch. Otherwise it is unfair for Oldschotch.
47.22%
17 47.22%
No, maybe K-D is bad, but the tournament has started. We should stick to the existing rules and accept the fact Oldscotch is ranked 3rd.
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch?
(2012-03-05, 16:57:00)griffin1987 Wrote: btw.: What I didn't think about (and maybe neither did you): If we have rematches, it would postpone the matches of the rest of btt, which could mean that some people might be on vacation etc in the later games. That would be pretty unfair to them then, which would mean, if we were to have rematches, we would have to have them before the next round (quarter-finals) start, which looks pretty impossible to me, considering we only had 1 game per week till now :/

I think we can use the next weekend only for the rematch. The other games can be delayed for 1 week. That's no big deal.

(2012-03-05, 17:42:08)progg Wrote: I think the most logical is to count the k-d excluding matches vs BeerTanks since one of the teams didn't have chance to play against them.
It's a bit bitchy solution, but most logical imo.

Yes, this is more logical to me. But it is not in the rule.

If we change the rule like this, it would be unfair to OldSchool.

I think the most fair way is to have rematch.

(2012-03-05, 18:15:39)eSVau Wrote: Thats my point - a better team should win in shorter time than a not so well playing team. Shorter time are better than longer timesWink

But then there are default wins. In that case the game time is 0.

It doesn't mean 1 team is super greater to win a game in such short time, it simply means the other team didn't show up.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? - by olivercamel - 2012-03-05, 18:19:13

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,293 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg