Poll: Should we disregard K-D and make extra game for Seig-GeiL, OldSchool, Oldscotch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, using K-D as a factor is bad. We should fix it now to make rematch. Otherwise it is unfair for Oldschotch.
47.22%
17 47.22%
No, maybe K-D is bad, but the tournament has started. We should stick to the existing rules and accept the fact Oldscotch is ranked 3rd.
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch?
(2012-03-05, 23:01:45)olivercamel Wrote:
(2012-03-05, 20:55:04)El_Polacco Wrote: the new revoltek imo shouldnt have so easy way for next round cause their organisation has failed hard

I support El_Polacco on this point.

@Znajder and curryking1

Allowing team revoltek to re-group wasn't strictly follow the BTT rule, because we shouldn't allow any team change after the registration deadline. If we followed the rules, revoltek will have 3 default loses because you cannot have 4 players for all games.

We did our best to save this team and some good players, so that you can enjoy the tournament and present some good games to everyone. To be a part of the tournament, I think you should be a little bit thankful. But not taking it as granted. Also, please think again why you against to change the rule. Without adapt the BTT rule you won't be in this tournament.

But anyway, team revoltek shouldn't be discussed in this topic. Let's focus on the K-D discussion.

I want to repeat some of my points again:

1. Delaying the game for a better K-D is NOT a normal BT behavior. Just think about the game you played before, those league/priv games, when you can destroy the base and end the game, did you ever delay the game for a better K-D? I doubt about it. This is a common sense of the BT game. Also it is a default assumption when I designed the BTT rule.

2. In my opinion, killing a weak team again and again to get a better K-D is against the spirit of the sport. It is like in the boxing game when your opponent is on the ground and you are still beating him. Even if the rule allows this, it wouldn't be a nice thing to do. Yes, Beertanks is a weak team. We know it and they know it too. All they want is try to play as long as they can. So they were already happy when the game went for 1hour, they think that's the new record. I like the Beertanks spirit: when you know basically you cannot win, but still never give up, and have fun. On the other hand, OldSchool just make me feel cruel. Just thinking as if you are Beertanks, if some other people kill you again and again, would you like it? Btw, to team OldSchool, this is only my personal idea. Please don't take it as official. Different people may have different perspective and standard. Here I just want to tell you how do I feel. And I respect what you think too.

3. The reason OldSchool is ranked higher, is because their an abnormal behavior. Without the +70 K-D earned from Beertanks, they cannot ranked at 1st. But when designed the BTT rules, I was based on the common sense of BT. I assumed all games should happen with normal behaviors, i.e. no one tries to get a better K-D on purpose. So this is my problem when making the BTT rules.

4. I knew we might have to change the BTT rule from the very beginning. The BTT tournament is more like a 1-time thing. It doesn't happen every month. Actually this is the 2nd time of the human history. So we don't have a lot of experience, plus we are trying the new FIFA-like system for the 1st time. I already spend a lot of time on the BTT rules to make it working well. But my time is limited, and I am also not smart enough to foresee everything. So the BTT rule was never meant to be perfect. This is why we had Rule 17. Just in case something goes wrong, we can correct it at any moment.

5. Making extra games is the most fair way. In the old BTT rule, we had 3 factors for ranking. (a) team points, (b) win-lose relationship, ( c ) K-D. If all 3 factors fail, the old rule says we need to make extra games to decide the rank. Now I am only asking to remove the 3rd ranking factor, which is the minimum change to the existing BTT rule. In this case, it won't be unfair to the other teams. And because the rank of the 3 teams in Group C cannot be decided by factor 1 and 2. We shall make extra games as the old rule said. Only the 3rd factor is now removed.

6. Why do you dislike extra games? In my opinion, the good part of join BTT is to have some real games, where all players are seriously playing it. So I wouldn't mind to have more games. It is also a good chance for team training. If my team deserves the 1st of tournament, I wouldn't be afraid of 1-2 extra games. If my team don't deserve it, we could lose anyway in the next round.

Oliver i will say it again.
Sieg Geil is qualified no matter if u take k-d including or excluding matches with BeerTanks.
Therefore i think the most fair solution is (i will reapet it):

1. Game betweens Oldschool and Oldscotch to find out who fails to advance to cup stage.
2. Game between sieg geil and winner of game 1 to find out who takes 1st place in group C.
3. Game between Bug and Boozers to find out who takes 2nd place in their group.

I wouldn't include into this discussion the Revoltek case.
About this team it's already decided and the topic was closed. Let's not reopen it again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? - by progg - 2012-03-06, 00:01:06

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,292 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg