Poll: Should we disregard K-D and make extra game for Seig-GeiL, OldSchool, Oldscotch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, using K-D as a factor is bad. We should fix it now to make rematch. Otherwise it is unfair for Oldschotch.
47.22%
17 47.22%
No, maybe K-D is bad, but the tournament has started. We should stick to the existing rules and accept the fact Oldscotch is ranked 3rd.
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch?
(2012-03-06, 04:46:40)progg Wrote: U know my proposition. I already wrote it 2 times. Anyway i'll repeat it.
1. Game betweens Oldschool and Oldscotch to find out who fails to advance to cup stage.
2. Game between sieg geil and winner of game 1 to find out who takes 1st place in group C.
3. Game between Bug and Boozers to find out who takes 2nd place in their group.

I saw you suggestion.

Now the thing is Seig-GeiL for sure doesn't want an extra match. Oldschool may be, but griffin needs to check with his team before give an official confirmation.

So it might be only an extra match between Oldschool/oldscotch.

Regarding BuG/Boozers, I sent a message to mc_ren. I will wait him first and then ask boozers. My feeling is mc_ren doesn't like to play more, because other members are not active for the tournament. Anyway, I will wait mc_ren first.

(2012-03-06, 04:46:40)progg Wrote: Only BTT players should be able to vote.
Players from teams involved in this thread shouldn't be allowed to vote.

If we really need to use the vote result, I think what you said here shall apply.

(2012-03-06, 04:46:40)progg Wrote: 1 more thing i'd like to say b4 cup stage begins.
90min rule should be forgotten.

As other people said already, after the group phase games, there will be no draw anymore.

Overall i think the concept of "draw" is a good attempt in this tournament. It pushs the teams to attack more aggressively. (BTF-DevTeam game was a good example.)

It is just we need a better way to rank teams when they have equal points. Using K-D is certainly a bad idea.

(2012-03-06, 11:56:58)gozo1985 Wrote: just a question if sieg-geil dont want a rematch that means they are 2nd place for sure right? no mather who mins the rematch.

This is actually a good question. If Seig-GeiL doesn't play the extra match, but only Oldschool/Oldscotch play, how do we rank the teams after the extra match?

I think if Oldschool win the extra match, they should be 1st rank, and Seig-GeiL 2nd. Because Oldschool is already 1st rank according to the old rule, if they win an extra match but end up as 2nd rank, it is not fair.

If Oldscotch wins the extra match, I'd say Oldscotch 1st rank and Seig-GeiL 2nd. Because Oldscotch won the game vs. Seig-GeiL before.

So anyway I'd say Seig-GeiL stay as 2nd rank, if they don't want to risk for an extra match.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? - by olivercamel - 2012-03-06, 12:21:36

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,293 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg