Poll: Should we disregard K-D and make extra game for Seig-GeiL, OldSchool, Oldscotch?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, using K-D as a factor is bad. We should fix it now to make rematch. Otherwise it is unfair for Oldschotch.
47.22%
17 47.22%
No, maybe K-D is bad, but the tournament has started. We should stick to the existing rules and accept the fact Oldscotch is ranked 3rd.
52.78%
19 52.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch?
(2012-03-06, 12:21:36)olivercamel Wrote:
(2012-03-06, 04:46:40)progg Wrote:
[quote='gozo1985' pid='33296' dateline='1331027818']
just a question if sieg-geil dont want a rematch that means they are 2nd place for sure right? no mather who mins the rematch.

This is actually a good question. If Seig-GeiL doesn't play the extra match, but only Oldschool/Oldscotch play, how do we rank the teams after the extra match?

I think if Oldschool win the extra match, they should be 1st rank, and Seig-GeiL 2nd. Because Oldschool is already 1st rank according to the old rule, if they win an extra match but end up as 2nd rank, it is not fair.

If Oldscotch wins the extra match, I'd say Oldscotch 1st rank and Seig-GeiL 2nd. Because Oldscotch won the game vs. Seig-GeiL before.

So anyway I'd say Seig-GeiL stay as 2nd rank, if they don't want to risk for an extra match.

I think different.
Since we agreed on two points:
1. K-D sux.
2. Sieg Geil is qualified anyway.

We shouldn't use current rank for further solutions. Only the results of vs game.

Oldschotch won with SiegGeil
SiegGeil won with Oldschool.

Therefore i think:
1. if oldscotch win the game with oldschool they should be Rank1.
2. If Oldschool win the game they should be rank 2 becouse they lost with sieggiel.

I think this way becouse:
1. All teams have the same amount of points.
2. We DON'T count K-D.
2. If oldschool and sieggiel qualify to cup stage it would be unfair for sieggiel if oldschool is first. Both team has same points. Oldschool lost game with sieggeil. Sieggeil should be first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? - by progg - 2012-03-06, 16:56:53

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keeping teams up / Team League? griffin1987 2 4,259 2012-03-08, 23:23:15
Last Post: progg